• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

What GAP Can Do

ohiogunnut

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2008
Ohio, USA
I had already posted on my new GA Precision 7mm below, but just finished a long day at the range with a couple of friends doing load development and I have to say it was a blast! After optimizing for seating depth (3.3375" OAL) started working up the RL22 at 61gr in 0.5gr increments and finally stopped at 67gr! No pressure signs with an average velocity of 3039 fps shooting 180gr Berger VLD's. Mach at 1 mile... Target picture is of three groups fired by each of us out there just to make sure I wasn't cheating.
smile.gif
Couldn't be happier!

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...000#Post1354000

3253.jpg

3255.jpg

3263.jpg

Re: What GAP Can Do

Looks like a great time with the guys at the range.

Just an FYI, when picking up a new rifle, leave the house with an empty rifle case and say you’re headed to the range. When you return home, the rifle goes in the safe and all’s good
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a great time with the guys at the range.

Just an FYI, when picking up a new rifle, leave the house with an empty rifle case and say you’re headed to the range. When you return home, the rifle goes in the safe and all’s good
grin.gif

</div></div>

I like that one!
laugh.gif

Remington long action - trued
26" Bartlein GAP contour - fluted
Accuracy International 1.5 Stock
Badger Ordnance recoil lug
Badger Ordnance 20MOA Base
Badger Ordnance Max50 30mm rings
Badger Ordnance Tactical Bolt Knob
Badger Ordnance M16 style Magnum extractor and fluted bolt
Jewell Trigger
Accushot monopod
Vltor bipod
Redtac Gear ammo management system
Sniper tools ACI
USO bubble level
Nightforce 5-22x50 zero stop (MOA/MOA)
Suppressed Armament Systems suppressor
TAB gear suppressor cover
TIS sling
Paint by 30calsniper!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 4Rail_Gunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Does that gun have the 10/22 mag conversion?

Nice Stick though.

Duracoat or Ceracoat on the paint? </div></div>

Not sure on how 30calsniper applied it. Up close almost looks like a heat applied plastic. The little mags are for my Ruger...
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...853#Post1329853

Really nice looking rifle. Congratulations.

I think I will ask what others must have wondered. Those groups were probably shot from a pretty good distance, right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fritz24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a great time with the guys at the range.

grin.gif

</div></div>

I like that one!
laugh.gif

</div></div>Stop posting that stuff: My wife still thinks that rifles, when left together in a place that's dark and cool, multiply. I told her it was a scientifc fact and that I could prove it.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ohiogunnut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, that's the same thing I keep telling my wife (oh honey, it's a much cheaper hobby than golf).
blush.gif
</div></div>

Oh, but it is. Greens fees add up.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sotexhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great looking rifle. You might want to upgrade the snuff though. </div></div>

Negative. Grizzly is a good choice. I use wintergreen and refuse to pay for high priced crap like Skoal and all the other 7 dollar a can brands.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fritz24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a great time with the guys at the range.

grin.gif

</div></div>

I like that one!
laugh.gif

</div></div>Stop posting that stuff: My wife still thinks that rifles, when left together in a place that's dark and cool, multiply. I told her it was a scientifc fact and that I could prove it.
laugh.gif
</div></div>
A friend of mine told me to always buy black, synthetic. The wives can't tell calibers from gauges. I do have to keep 2 or 3 rotated to my truck though, I think she counts the safe inventory sometime.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats a pile of hardware, at least a couple hundred dollars laying there
wink.gif
</div></div>

perhaps more than that william. lol.

for anyone that lingers a little longer.

great looking setups btw.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fritz24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a great time with the guys at the range.

Just an FYI, when picking up a new rifle, leave the house with an empty rifle case and say you&#146;re headed to the range. When you return home, the rifle goes in the safe and all&#146;s good
grin.gif

</div></div>

I like that one!
laugh.gif

</div></div>

+1 Same the world over...was chatting to one of the old boys at the range a weeks or so ago...he said he'd told his son that when he goes he's not to let his mother sell the guns for what she'd been told they cost!

Great rifles there! Love that AICS in GAP Digital!

Thank you! SN3 3.8-22x44 MDMOA EREK with 1/4 MOA wind and elevation (on my friends stick). Just got done in the reloading room putting a few hundred rounds together to see what this girl can do.
smile.gif
Only debate I've got at the moment on this build is if I want to upgrade the glass. Have an SN3 on another gun and love it, but looking at the PR as well.

Being a sweaty man myself, I can appreciate that.
smile.gif
Works pretty well so when your buddy wants to shoot your stick he doesn't scream in disgust following you. Don't like moleskin as it doesn't hold up very well and looks like crap pretty quickly (magnet for dog hair).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jackinfl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">By the way, those 3 groups are at 1 mile? That is frickin AWESOME!</div></div>

I think what ohiogunnut is saying is that, with the load mentioned, the bullet is still supersonic at 1 mile?

1 mile is 63,360 inches...to me, one guy getting three groups of around 1" to 0.75" would be amazing....as for three different guys.....well, it would be incredible! I can't even do the maths to work that out as MOA!

I doubt I could even see a 2" diamond at 1,760yds.......

If I'm wrong in my assumption then due respect to all concerned.

Ummm no, I would be changing my profession if I could do that.
smile.gif
The first 6 shot group was mine and I had a fly'er. It was just over 100 yards. During the shoot where I was mostly interested in velocities and ES's/SD's (working up the load) I did have quite a few clover-leafs and a few nearly 1 hole groups. I can say with a high degree of certainty that the gun is more accurate than I am.