• We're live!

We've got the homepage updated and subscriptions are now managed through HideTV. If you run into any bugs please contact alexj-12 or use our contact form for help!

ENTER HIDETV VIEW THREAD

What happened at the NRL 2024 Championship???

Here are the two press releases. One from NRL22 and one from Matt.

Image-1.jpeg

IMG_4228.jpg

I know Matt and have seen random moments of "assholiness" (is that a word?) from him at matches. He's helped me a lot as a new shooter in this sport, but he is flawed like everyone else. No one is perfect. However, he did make a poor decision and has owned the consequences of his actions. He's not the only jersey shooter that can exhibit assholiness from my observations at matches.

Reactions: Emerson0311
Following some of the online discussion and input from others I do think there are a few additional things people might want to know.
  • There are many people talking about the prior times that Matt has given away either his prize or prize table walk to junior shooters, something he regularly does.
  • The prize in question (a case of ammo) was something Matt was going to put towards a new female shooter that he was helping get started. (This comes from the parent of another junior shooter and they were told this by Matt in advance of the prize table walk)
  • The junior shooter who initially picked up the prize was called up behind Matt in the prize table walk. Matt was waiting for the person ahead of him to make their choice and the junior shooter didn't realize what was going on.
Regardless of whether Matt made the wrong choice in asking the junior shooter to give up the prize, it seems like he's taken the high road here in apologizing and not defending himself and just moving on.

Following some of the online discussion and input from others I do think there are a few additional things people might want to know.
  • There are many people talking about the prior times that Matt has given away either his prize or prize table walk to junior shooters, something he regularly does.
  • The prize in question (a case of ammo) was something Matt was going to put towards a new female shooter that he was helping get started. (This comes from the parent of another junior shooter and they were told this by Matt in advance of the prize table walk)
  • The junior shooter who initially picked up the prize was called up behind Matt in the prize table walk. Matt was waiting for the person ahead of him to make their choice and the junior shooter didn't realize what was going on.
Regardless of whether Matt made the wrong choice in asking the junior shooter to give up the prize, it seems like he's taken the high road here in apologizing and not defending himself and just moving on.
I heard something similar and something different from people who were there. Amazing how the small details differ but completely change the situation.

I don't know Matt well but he has been very kind and helpful anytime I had questions and has been a very responsive regional director.
He also pulled a pair of binos during his walk at a 2 day to give to a new shooter/buddy of mine who didn't have much gear. That buys ALOT of goodwill.

It sounds like there is some miss information out there about who should have walked when. In light of what you are saying and the post from Dakota's Dad, It ridiculous to ban him over this. Maybe the Optics aren't the greatest, but if he followed the order the MD set, then I don't understand how that is a bannable offense. The issue seems to mostly be on how the MD set up the prize table and whether or not they clarified the changes. They also should have handled this situation better. Hopefully clearer heads prevail and they rescind the ban.

In light of all the facts coming out, this looks MUCH worse on NRL leadership than Matt or the youth shooter. Now NRL is dmg control mode and has killed their website. Here is a SS I took this morning before all that shit went down.

1719506819098.png

Attachments

• nrl22champ.png
    nrl22champ.png
    406 KB · Views: 109
The junior shooter who initially picked up the prize was called up behind Matt in the prize table walk. Matt was waiting for the person ahead of him to make their choice and the junior shooter didn't realize what was going on.
Others have asserted that the order was First Place, Junior (the gal who had the case of ammo taken from her hand), and then Second Place (which would be this fella Stiner).

How was there any confusion as to who got to pick first, Stiner or this young gal?

I wasn't there, nor do I know any of the individuals involved, but this seems like important context.

People always want the story to be presented in the binary: who's the good guy and who's the bad guy? Who am I supposed to cheer for and who am I supposed to hate?

But situations are rarely that simple, as it appears to be the case here as well.

Reactions: lash
Others have asserted that the order was First Place, Junior (the gal who had the case of ammo taken from her hand), and then Second Place (which would be this fella Stiner).

How was there any confusion as to who got to pick first, Stiner or this young gal?
The youth who took the case of ammo before Matt acquired it, was not the First place youth shooter. They were the 2nd place youth shooter.

Matt had a right to the prize table walk before the youth shooter. Now the youth shooter probably did not understand prize table rules, walk eticate, ect. Had they, they would have understood that Matt has a right to pick anything left on the table before anyone after him can, even if its in their hands.

Dakota Wright won Youth. She was the only other youth who could have walked before Matt (unless they let base, ladies, old dudes walk first). Since they are referencing an unnamed youth shooter and not Dakota, and are coming to Matt's defense, its pretty clear who is in the wrong here. And its not Matt.

NRL/NRL22 is a shitshow. Not surprising in the least.

This is Dakota holding the Youth Championship Trophy for anyone who needs proof.
1719507845259.jpeg

The youth who took the case of ammo before Matt acquired it, was not the First place youth shooter. They were the 2nd place youth shooter.

Matt had a right to the prize table walk before the youth shooter. Now the youth shooter probably did not understand prize table rules, walk eticate, ect. Had they, they would have understood that Matt has a right to pick anything left on the table before anyone after him can, even if its in their hands.

Dakota Wright won Youth. She was the only other youth who could have walked before Matt (unless they let base, ladies, old dudes walk first). Since they are referencing an unnamed youth shooter and not Dakota, and are coming to Matt's defense, its pretty clear who is in the wrong here. And its not Matt.

NRL/NRL22 is a shitshow. Not surprising in the least.
Thanks for the additional facts. Certainly paints a different story.

Cheers

Ok, now it's making more sense. I knew there had to be a little more to this

Reactions: kthomas
Nice spin that’s not the youth that the ammo was taken from. If so this wouldn’t have even been a story.

Also I’m pretty sure if this was as cut and dry just a “misunderstanding” NRL would not be doing anything about it.

They obviously dug thru and spoke to all the people involved and made a decision based on the facts. Do you think they want to be dragged into an ugly mess with this? No way. This is bad press for everyone.

Plain and simple this drunk did what he did. He bullied, stole, offended, upset and hurt this child’s feelings. He thought he wouldn’t get caught, but he did, when called out, he tried to play the good guy and just gave his prize to her to try and make this go away because he knows he is toast.

For anyone who thinks that what he did is okay, you need to go get your heads examined.

Anyone who does stuff to kids should be banished and not let back. Unfortunately all the good he has ever done is now down the drain because of what he did this past weekend.

That Marc dude is full of shit as well, because if that was his daughter and this happened to her, he would have come unglued.

Any one defending his actions your part of the problem as well. There is no place at all for adults to take advantage of children.

Despicable, he’s suppose to be a role model. He needs banned from all organizations as well as not be able to represent the USA for the world shoot either.

Nice spin that’s not the youth that the ammo was taken from. If so this wouldn’t have even been a story.

Also I’m pretty sure if this was as cut and dry just a “misunderstanding” NRL would not be doing anything about it.

They obviously dug thru and spoke to all the people involved and made a decision based on the facts. Do you think they want to be dragged into an ugly mess with this? No way. This is bad press for everyone.

Plain and simple this drunk did what he did. He bullied, stole, offended, upset and hurt this child’s feelings. He thought he wouldn’t get caught, but he did, when called out, he tried to play the good guy and just gave his prize to her to try and make this go away because he knows he is toast.

For anyone who thinks that what he did is okay, you need to go get your heads examined.

Anyone who does stuff to kids should be banished and not let back. Unfortunately all the good he has ever done is now down the drain because of what he did this past weekend.

That Marc dude is full of shit as well, because if that was his daughter and this happened to her, he would have come unglued.

Any one defending his actions your part of the problem as well. There is no place at all for adults to take advantage of children.

Despicable, he’s suppose to be a role model. He needs banned from all organizations as well as not be able to represent the USA for the world shoot either.
20 year old account.

10 posts.

Half of them related to this event.

Not suspicious at all..................

Were you present when this all happened? And if so, did you witness it directly?

Post your social security number or else bullshit

Yeah! In the Instagram post I saw (which basically makes me a direct witness), I watched him slam half a bottle of bourbon and then throat punch the youth all to take home a random case of Center-X!

20 year old account.

10 posts.

Half of them related to this event.

Not suspicious at all..................
When the site migrated many years ago I lost my over 5k posts. I don’t like interacting with you snowflakes your really miss informed. But being what I seen this weekend, feel obligated and compelled to let the truth be know.

When the site migrated many years ago I lost my over 5k posts. I don’t like interacting with you snowflakes your really miss informed. But being what I seen this weekend, feel obligated and compelled to let the truth be know.
To me, it sounds like you didn’t see anything this weekend other than some instagram posts and your boyfriend’s taint, but I’m always open to being wrong.

That’s the kind of thing that really hurts new shooter enthusiasm.
Na matches are super fun and 99.9% of the time go without issues. New shooters are treated like gold in most places and alot of the shit talking about matches is from people who don't shoot or have some sort of gripe with someone. There are legit issues from time to time, but unlike this NRL debacle, are handled with grace and people move on. Compared to any other sport, especially shooting sports, its pretty drama free. Most of the MD's have very little tolerance for bullshit or bad sportsmanship.

I know both Shooters and have had nothing but great interactions with both. Both shooters have been competing for years and are familiar with the sport. I do not know the specifics as I was not there so i will judge neither. With that said I have walked prize tables for years and I find it extremely rare that anyone waits for another shooter to pick past the first few people. Typically there is a dozen shooters or more picking up and setting down stuff at any given time. This Youth shooter I am positive is used to walking tables in this manner and was taken back by the request to give up the prize. I do not think it is fair to place blame on the youth at all as I see a vast majority of grown men walk the table in the same manner without rebuke. This was a logistical error that took this long to become apparent, if NRL wants to remedy this they simply need to run a separate prize table for youths (it will fill up 3x faster anyhow). We should not be putting kids in a potential position of conflict with an adult. Let the adults skull crack each other all they want for their 30% off vortex certs…as far as I am concerned.

I know both Shooters and have had nothing but great interactions with both. Both shooters have been competing for years and are familiar with the sport. I do not know the specifics as I was not there so i will judge neither. With that said I have walked prize tables for years and I find it extremely rare that anyone waits for another shooter to pick past the first few people. Typically there is a dozen shooters or more picking up and setting down stuff at any given time. This Youth shooter I am positive is used to walking tables in this manner and was taken back by the request to give up the prize. I do not think it is fair to place blame on the youth at all as I see a vast majority of grown men walk the table in the same manner without rebuke. This was a logistical error that took this long to become apparent, if NRL wants to remedy this they simply need to run a separate prize table for youths (it will fill up 3x faster anyhow). We should not be putting kids in a potential position of conflict with an adult. Let the adults skull crack each other all they want for their 30% off vortex certs…as far as I am concerned.
I like this... Stack the youth table deep with good shit, let the adults pick over the remnants.

Yeah let’s ban something that causes a problem in a very, very small percentage of the time they are done and penalize the good people. Hmm why does that sound familiar? 😉
Its always the guys who don't shoot matches who have the best ideas

They don't shoot matches WITH prize tables. What makes you think they will all of a sudden start shooting WITHOUT them? LOL
:)