• 12 Hours Left: Use code HIDE40 to get 40% off subscriptions

You've got until midnight to get 40% off. Pick your plan below!

Subscribe

What happened at the NRL 2024 Championship???

Prize tables should stay. Every shooting sport has it. The issue is there is absolute chaos when people go up.

Call 1 at a time or 3 or 5 at a time. MD gives expectations beforehand (ie. No one grabs anything until the person in front of you grabbed something).

It isn't rocket science.

My hot take for the week 🔥:

Perhaps it's time to rid ourselves of prize tables in this sport. It's been the cause of so many controversies.

Shoot the sport because you love it. Don't expect companies to subsidize your hobby with prize table donations.

That’s a lot of my money saved, but I assume the companies would rather me spend it on their stuff than waste it on my child’s college fund.

Prize tables should stay. Every shooting sport has it. The issue is there is absolute chaos when people go up.

Call 1 at a time or 3 or 5 at a time. MD gives expectations beforehand (ie. No one grabs anything until the person in front of you grabbed something).

It isn't rocket science.
I can support this. By the time I get called (because I suck at shooting) it’s an absolute shit show and free for all. Call one at a time and they enter a gated area with the prize table. Only one inside at a time. Once they leave that area, the next person goes in and picks something.

It isn't rocket science.
I think you severely over estimate the intellectual capacity of the average MD… lol

I can support this. By the time I get called (because I suck at shooting) it’s an absolute shit show and free for all. Call one at a time and they enter a gated area with the prize table. Only one inside at a time. Once they leave that area, the next person goes in and picks something.
LOL. and prize tables will last 3 hours long. People are trying to get their shit and head out, not stay there till 8pm. Most have flights / long drives to make.

LOL. and prize tables will last 3 hours long. People are trying to get their shit and head out, not stay there till 8pm. Most have flights / long drives to make.

Understood, but it would eliminate any of this bullshit we’re discussing right now. I don’t really care about prizes anyway. I just want to shoot. I know other people care about prizes, so they should plan accordingly.

Understood, but it would eliminate any of this bullshit we’re discussing right now. I don’t really care about prizes anyway. I just want to shoot. I know other people care about prizes, so they should plan accordingly.
I don’t care about the sport, I come for the prizes.

It isn't rocket science.
This - and if you insist on screwing around and picking up and examining every item on the prize table (making to whole process take 2+ hours) - the MD will grab something for you and send you on your way.

I'm just over here trying to figure out how the best thing available for second place to pull at the national championship was a case of ammo. Any NRL22X matches I have shot had larger items than that for at least through 10th place.

Edit: forgot to say - Fuck that guy. Even if a kid accidently walked before me I'm pretty sure I'm not going to correct them.