What next?

ellswj

Private
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2010
I just ordered a Savage 10fcp McMillan, and a Vortex Viper PST FFP MRAD 4-16*50, Badger rings and base. My question is, what's next? I've read that i should pillar bed the action immedietly, but besides that, I have no clue what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated,TIA.

Re: What next?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">shoot it? </div></div>

Good plan.....

Is the Viper PST scope in stock somewhere? Or are you waiting? I didn't think the FFP Vortex were out yet? *NOT* doubting you, just that I'm also waiting for a FFP Vortex.

To answer your question, learn to reload if you aren't already!

Best of luck!!

-G45

Glock, there have been people posting about receiving their Vortex Viper PST FFP scopes and a few reviews up already so I am pretty sure they are shipping from most places. Ordered one myself from SWFA and it is, as expected, back-ordered currently. I believe most stores are still filling the preorders from people who ordered a while ago.

I ordered it but it was . After extensive research, it seemed like the best fit for what I was looking for, so I figured I could wait a little bit. There isn't anything you guys can see that I might need? I'd really like to get into some , but I don't know of anything around the Mid-Michigan area.

I think before I start changing things like triggers and what not, I will try to perfect my fundamentals. I really wish someone would come out with a good high-cap magazine.

Just shoot it for awhile and have fun. I have a problem of switching stuff before i even try it and it could be all the more accurate with out doing anything. But if you must pillar bedding is a good idea and its fairly easy to do. The accutrigger on the savages are very nice. I have quite a few savages/remingtons/winchesters and even a few custom rigs like GAP and a not so custom FNA3G. but i would say the accutrigger holds its own well and has no i mean no creep and a good light pull.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">shoot it? </div></div>

Good plan..... </div></div>

This could work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the Viper PST scope in stock somewhere? Or are you waiting? I didn't think the FFP Vortex were out yet? *NOT* doubting you, just that I'm also waiting for a FFP Vortex.

To answer your question, learn to reload if you aren't already!

Best of luck!!

-G45 </div></div>

Hey G45, not to steal the thread, but just an aside- the PST's are out. I just looked through one today. Very nice scopes!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you decide to stay with the factory bottom metal, I have an option for you. I make these... click on the youtube link in my signature. Enjoy!!

DK </div></div> Is that just a high cap magazine? Just to start out that seems like it would be a much better option. I'm not made of money so anything that could save a little bit of coin up front is good. What is the cost associated with your system?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">shoot it? </div></div>

Good plan..... </div></div>

This could work. </div></div>
Nah. Way to obvious. Would never work.

P.S. PSTs are g2g.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ellswj</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Is that just a high cap magazine?</div></div>

Just a high cap magazine?? Absolutely not. It is a low cost way to have a detachable magazine of 10 or 12 rounds, not only will not break the bank, but you don't have to wait 9 months or longer to "hopefully" get your hands on a 9 rounder...

It is a solution to a "long time asked" question. I will PM you a price list.

DK