• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

What's going on with Jamison International?

krecon1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2003
Abq, NM
I called Jamison International to inquire about some .408 ammo. The website said "unavailable", so I asked about an ETA. The lady I spoke with said they're no longer able to sell it and said I would have to get it through Chey-Tac. I thought "Chey-Tac" went bankrupt and are no longer in business... I asked about Thor Defense Group and she only said Chey-Tac. She seemed to be fairly quick and abrupt on the phone and our conversation didn't seem to go anywhere. Anyone know what is going on?

Re: What's going on with Jamison International?

+1 to ThorGDG. I think everybody is tired of paying through the nose to get the "CheyTac" bullets and Jamison realized it.

Lodi,

Cheytac LLC owns part of Jamison so it is them doing the "legal posturing"
smile.gif

Thanks

Yeah I tried the Jamison website earlier - no longer on the web.... So, who will be the main supplier of brass/bullets now for .408? Or is this caliber quickly becoming a defunct cartridge?

The man that I talked to at Cheytac, now in GA., led me to believe that ammo ( and rifles) would be available from them. Their cases are Jamison, so far.

The brass is clearly the weakest link in this supply chain. Back several years ago I was talked out of building a Chey-Tac because of the brass quality at the time. Then it got a bit better, but again is on the cliff. I hope the Bertram brass delivery is reality.

Reamers and barrels are readily made, as are actions large enough to handle the cartridge. I have a P-Chey Barnard action that I was planning on building out. Given this news, I will yet again stuff it in the back of my safe and see what happens.

Jeffvn

Good Morning,

There are literally dozens of different projectiles you can get. They range from aluminum tipped jacketed to some very very hard monolithics and everything inbetween.

I will be talking to a brass manufacture TODAY in regards to having them tool up for me.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zipollini</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is Cheytec still selling their M200 ? If so - who is making the parts ?</div></div>

Zip--What "parts" are you referring to?

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ThorGDG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good Morning,

I will be talking to a brass manufacture TODAY in regards to having them tool up for me.

Thanks </div></div>

Please keep us posted.

The Bertram Brass can`t handle the pressure that the 2 star Jamison could so reduce your powder charge. If you own a 408 that Cheytac sells, have the headspace checked. Some came out with as much as .030 bad headspace. Making 408 brass from 505 Gibbs brass is not a good idea, it can`t handle the pressure either, as the webb is not as strong. Good luck finding brass. Glad I just purchased 900 pieces.

I looked on midway , was able to order 200 of Jammison 408 Brass I have to bump the neck , plus anneal to get down to 338.

One thing there where not able to tell me what was on the headstamp.

Oh they where on closeout specical because Jamisons demise.

So if reload here you go

Norma's new run (Sept 2011) of .505 brass was designed for .408 as well and capable of withstanding Cheytac pressures. Unfortunately you will probably not see it in the US before next year unless Euro opticts precieves that there is sufficient demand to put in an urgent order

It is consievable that we (Norma) could make .408 and we re-designed our .505 brass for just that possibility but we cannot do small runs of cases - a minimum run would need to be about 46,000 or so

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dominique</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are some documents about Jamison International :

http://www.scribd.com/doc/68615946/Greenwich-Ballistics-v-Jamison-International </div></div>

Yeah, a little bit of a mess there. Looks like we (hide' guys and elsewhere) bought out all of Midway USA's remaining 100 count boxes of JI .408 brass. Enough other companies out there making .408 bullets, but I don't know how they stack up to the JI 419gr bullet....

Yeah ! I bought 400ct brass from them last week … And I agree that there are more people out there producing 408cal bullets . I also heard that there's a bullet out there with a 1.003 b.c confirmed. That'll be interesting .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0481</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish someone owed me that much money.</div></div>
You probably meant to say "wish somebody <span style="font-weight: bold">paid</span> me that much money"?
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dominique</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I also heard that there's a bullet out there with a 1.003 b.c confirmed. That'll be interesting .</div></div>

That would be the T50 long range match that hunting shack munitions has advertised
smile.gif

I have thousand rounds ordered and will check for myself!!

They should be receiving the brass shipment this week from what they told me this morning.

Thanks