Many Thanks on a Devastating Day

So sorry for your loss man. Prayers to you and your family. Sounds like she was a wonderful woman and mother. I bet she is proud to have a son like you.
You look very much like her.

You clearly had a special relationship with your mother, and she was clearly very special for you to say that about her this many years after your childhood. Thats very high praise for any parent to get from their child, especially when their child is your age..... ;)

I really am sorry for your loss. About the only thing anyone ever told me, that actually mattered, after a truly tremendous loss was this. "Take their best quality, ....the thing that you loved most about them, then live it. Live that and be that, in your life, every day from now on. It helped me to do that, maybe it will help you too.

I have always liked the idea of that and I've tried to do it myself.

Reactions: 6.5SH and Ichi
Tough times, man.

Very sorry to hear of this.

She sounded like an amazing person who passed on the strengths to you. She will live on in your heart.

Keep lots of her pics around your place. Keep them out and visible. That has helped me every day since my wife passed….seeing her smile in those pics.

She was a champ and so are you. It comes through here, on the podcasts and your writing.

Reactions: mrtoyz
Thank you So much for All the Support,

I was devastated yesterday when I got the call early in the morning, I speak to my Mom everyday I am not on the Range, and Monday was no exception. We spoke Monday afternoon, I was just telling her I was coming back to CT for a party they were having in August. She was very happy and asked me to come, which I said I would. She sounded a little off, but about 2 weeks before she got dehydrated and was being looked at. She was back home and planned on calling me Tuesday as usual, we normally speak before she heads too bed.

When Dan called Tuesday morning I knew it was bad, he and I don’t really speak unless it’s important. The Silver lining in my brain, she passed peacefully in her sleep.

It’s crazy cause I always try to make her laugh, I am gonna miss her telling me, “you’re crazy” as I explained to her last month I was too busy to go to a funeral and her only windows where certain times in the Summer. She laughed as she does.

She was incredibly strong for her size, she contracted Good Pastures disease a few years ago and spent 10 months in a coma following a machine from Yale to Bridgeport to NYC, they told her a lot of things after and she beat them all. A few years ago she was with me and had a Stroke, Marc was the first to realize it. Whenever she beat the odds she would say, see I’m the strong one, I honestly thought she would outlive me some times.

I wasn’t even unpacked from Alaska, which seems to be my life lately, tripping from one thing to another.

I’m gonna miss talking to my Mom, she was awesome, I had the best possible childhood with her, she was present and engaged in all aspects of our upbringing, a rare quality today.

Thank you to Everyone, I sincerely appreciate it, and to Laura for being a rock during all this. She is awesome, so don’t cross her while I am gone, she won’t stand for it.
View attachment 8461010
Awww, Frank, that's such a beautiful picture of the two of you.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have tears running down my cheeks while I'm typing this. I just wish there was something more I could do.

Reactions: powdahound76
Be so very thankful for the wonderful relationship you had with your mother. I didn't speak with mine for 15 years before she passed and my children never laid eyes on her. My choice. My most sincere condolences for your loss.

Thank you So much for All the Support,

I was devastated yesterday when I got the call early in the morning, I speak to my Mom everyday I am not on the Range, and Monday was no exception. We spoke Monday afternoon, I was just telling her I was coming back to CT for a party they were having in August. She was very happy and asked me to come, which I said I would. She sounded a little off, but about 2 weeks before she got dehydrated and was being looked at. She was back home and planned on calling me Tuesday as usual, we normally speak before she heads too bed.

When Dan called Tuesday morning I knew it was bad, he and I don’t really speak unless it’s important. The Silver lining in my brain, she passed peacefully in her sleep.

It’s crazy cause I always try to make her laugh, I am gonna miss her telling me, “you’re crazy” as I explained to her last month I was too busy to go to a funeral and her only windows where certain times in the Summer. She laughed as she does.

She was incredibly strong for her size, she contracted Good Pastures disease a few years ago and spent 10 months in a coma following a machine from Yale to Bridgeport to NYC, they told her a lot of things after and she beat them all. A few years ago she was with me and had a Stroke, Marc was the first to realize it. Whenever she beat the odds she would say, see I’m the strong one, I honestly thought she would outlive me some times.

I wasn’t even unpacked from Alaska, which seems to be my life lately, tripping from one thing to another.

I’m gonna miss talking to my Mom, she was awesome, I had the best possible childhood with her, she was present and engaged in all aspects of our upbringing, a rare quality today.

Thank you to Everyone, I sincerely appreciate it, and to Laura for being a rock during all this. She is awesome, so don’t cross her while I am gone, she won’t stand for it.
View attachment 8461010
Youre very fortunate to have had a mom you could have a great relationship with, not all of us were so fortunate. Cherish the memories. Time will mellow things. Safe travels.

I put off responding sooner because I never know what to say to someone who has experienced this kind of loss. I watched my wife bury both of her parents within 4 months of each other back in 2019. And I just felt useless trying to comfort her.

Anyway...

Frank, I'm sorry for the loss of your mom. I wish I could offer you something deep and profound to help with the grief. But I just don't know what to say... So my condolences are the best I can do.

Mike