• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Which 4-16 to mount on my Savage TR

PKRobbins

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2010
Southern MO
My new Savage Mark II TR will be in today. On the shelf in my man cave I have 2 scopes available:

1 - Nikon Monarch 4-16x42 SF with BDC reticle
2 - Millet 4-16x50 TRS mildot reticle, mildot turrets

Rifle is gonna be used for punching paper and the occasional undesirable varmint. Don't want to spend more money on scopes when I have 2 sitting.

Re: Which 4-16 to mount on my Savage TR

No experience with the Nikon but that Millet is a pretty big scope for such a small gun. With that said, I used to have one on my Savage MKII and it worked great for it.

Nice choice with the Savage.

The nice thing about having two scopes on the shelf is that you now get to try both and let us know which one you like better and why. You know, we're going to expect pictures and some sort of comparison between the two scopes in the near future now.

I've got an older TRS-1 and the limited field of view really bothers me when we are shooting p-dogs. Compared to all the other scopes I have (nikon monarchs, Bushnell 4200s, even a tasco), I dislike this the most.

Check on the MOA of adjustment on the Monarch...Mine is pretty limited (the Buckmaster Mil-dot has more adjustable MOA than the Monarch). I had a 15 MOA base made for one of my hunting Savages so I could max out the Monarch, and still hit zero at 100 yards.....