• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Which Atlas bipod cleats?

skyfire1201

Private
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2012
I have an Atlas V-8 bipod with factory rubber feet. They work ok, but in the last shoot when I really needed to push forward on them, the rubber feet just don't dig in as well. So I'm thinking of getting one of these cleats. Problem is, I'm not sure which one works better. Is the more aggressive BT64 spike cleat worth getting over the BT24? Anyone experience in both who can chime in on their effectiveness?

Maybe I need to pay attention to my gear more as I totally forgot atlas has the ability to swap out feet o_O. It’s only been on my rifle for 4years or so.

the price made me hesitate for awhile since the atlas are so expensive but once i bought my first pair from hawk hill i felt foolish for waiting so long

Way would you possibly need spikes on concrete? The rubber work just fine on concrete. Also, unless it’s your concrete, why would you want to scratch it up?

Way would you possibly need spikes on concrete? The rubber work just fine on concrete. Also, unless it’s your concrete, why would you want to scratch it up?

I saw on their website that they work on every surface, including concrete and I was curious if they would actually work in that application. I would think the rubber would be the best for concrete, and the spikes would just slide across. And I wouldn’t want to have to keep changing my feet as I go from surface to surface

I saw on their website that they work on every surface, including concrete and I was curious if they would actually work in that application. I would think the rubber would be the best for concrete, and the spikes would just slide across. And I wouldn’t want to have to keep changing my feet as I go from surface to surface

The Hawk Hill spikes really do dig into concrete. They work about as well as the rubber feet, maybe a little better. They also work great on rooftop type props where you aren't on a level surface. I never had a problem getting the rubber feet to grip either, but after breaking one and seeing other people break theirs at matches I didn't want to deal with that again. The HH feet aren't going to break. I've went back to rubber feet but keep the HH's in my pack as a backup.

Bumping this thread with a question for those of us who live in cold climates: do you prefer the BT23s, 24s, or 64s for shooting on snow and ice, or the Hawk Hills? I'm upgrading to a BT47-LW17 and debating if I should spring for extra feet.