Which Trigger Company To Use?

jhthyfd2

Private
Minuteman
Legend
Sep 20, 2020
Cape Cod, Mass.
Hi,

I am looking to replace my stock trigger in my Remington 700 and would like some advice on which trigger company to use?

Thank you in advance,

Jonathan

Attachments

• IMG_2143.jpeg
    IMG_2143.jpeg
    651.7 KB · Views: 81
It would help if you told us what you didn’t like about the stock one ( and for me that was a long list😁), what you wanted to spend and your intended use. I have used trigger tech ( both rifle special and diamond) but for my precision bolt guns I have moved them to the Bix and Andi Tacsport Pro X . I like the adjustment capabilities and the feel. It has over travel and I can feel what it is doing. The trigger techs are precise but they lack the feel.

Reactions: Dawhit
My factory 700p has a Geissele Super 700 trigger. Very happy and hasn’t failed in over 3k rounds and in all different weather conditions. Rain snow dust grit the Super700 hasn’t stopped. My comp gun was running a TriggerTech Diamond but I had the trigger go down in a match so I ditched that and moved to the BnA Tac Sport Pro X and that trigger has been (.Y.)

Reactions: jhthyfd2
I run a Bix n Andy Tac Sport on my custom hunting gun. The best trigger I have. Crisp and brakes clean. Alot of adjustment. Maybe too much for the average shooter. The Rem 700 has a Timney. Its been so long I dont remember the model but it has been flawless on a big caliber hunting gun for $125. My next trigger will be a TT diamond just to try it out.

My factory 700p has a Geissele Super 700 trigger. Very happy and hasn’t failed in over 3k rounds and in all different weather conditions. Rain snow dust grit the Super700 hasn’t stopped.
It sucks that they stopped making those a year ago and don't know if they'll restart. At the time I really wanted one for a hunting rifle build I was doing.

OP, here's a link to a survey of the triggers that the top PRS guys are using. That'll give you an idea of which ones to look at for PRS-style match use at least. What exactly are you going to be doing with this rifle and what do you want out of a trigger?

Depends on your personal preferences.

I like the BnA triggers due to its features. I love the adjustability and over travel.

You can adjust the trigger exactly to your liking - individual stage pull weights, length of pull and sear engagement. This is great if you like to tinker to optimize, but probably overwhelming if you don't.

You can change sear heights and sear engagement to optimize the interface with your action. This means a much smoother operator experience with bolt open/close force.

You can even change out the trigger shoe with different options. Curved or 90°. Textured or flat. Wide or thin.

Trigger Tech makes a nice trigger, but you are set on sear engagement (either works well with your rifle or it doesn't), I don't like the wide trigger shoe, and I hate that it has no overtravel.

I have a TacSport Pro and what I couldn’t get over was the very very very very subtle pre-travel it has before it breaks. If you’re feeling for it it’s there. If you’re just slapping the trigger and pulling straight through you’ll never notice it. That said I don’t know how the new versions are (X and Pro X).
My other triggers are TT Diamonds which I prefer but I do want to try the Pro X.

I have a TacSport Pro and what I couldn’t get over was the very very very very subtle pre-travel it has before it breaks. If you’re feeling for it it’s there. If you’re just slapping the trigger and pulling straight through you’ll never notice it.
Is that not something that can be fixed by adjusting the bottom sear engagement?

Yes, just needs a bit more adjusting
I have it adjusted where it will not release the firing pin from working the bolt and flicking the back of the trigger. It’s not the sear that needs adjusting. There’s a minuscule amount of play on the shoe of the trigger.
PS- and yes I’ve seen videos on adjusting the sear engagement.

There’s a minuscule amount of play on the shoe of the trigger
I have not installed my BnA Pro-X two-stage yet (barreled action comes in next week) so I'm speaking from a place of ignorance here. Having said that, where in the shoe could there be play? I pulled this picture from a Youtube video showing the Pro-X single stage's internal parts.

toEOAme.png

Yeah I have several of the proX 2 stage triggers, they replaced TT diamond 2 stage trigger. I have mine adjusted to the point that there is just a little pre-travel ( really that is the lite stage one then it hits the stage 2 wall and breaks. This why I moved from TT, to me this is exactly why I bought the BnA.

Reactions: kthomas
For a bench gun set at 4oz I like Jewell, for hunting in the cold set at 3 pounds I like Timney or I will tune a Walker . I have TT, Elftman, etc. for others . No complaints on any of the ones I have so far . Timney are a solid choice for just about anything you need from a 700 .

Hi,

I am looking to replace my stock trigger in my Remington 700 and would like some advice on which trigger company to use?

Thank you in advance,

Jonathan
TriggerTech Special all day long. Don't waste your money on a Diamond that costs an extra $100... The special drops down to 1 lbs. which is more than enough for most applications, including hunting. I run this same trigger in all my rifles.

And it's on sale for $169 (normally $219) @ EuroOptic...

Reactions: jhthyfd2
Yeah I have several of the proX 2 stage triggers, they replaced TT diamond 2 stage trigger. I have mine adjusted to the point that there is just a little pre-travel ( really that is the lite stage one then it hits the stage 2 wall and breaks. This why I moved from TT, to me this is exactly why I bought the BnA.

I've owned Bix, Trigger Tech, Timney, Geisselle Super 700.

My favorite trigger, bar none, is the Bix Competition. I've got it on my 6 BRA and there is nothing that comes remotely close. It is in a class by itself. That said, it's also a $500+ trigger.

My second favorite is the Bix Tac Sport Pro. I have replaced one of my two Trigger Tech Diamonds with this trigger and will replace the other as soon as I get my 37XC back from rebarreling. This trigger clearly has inherited much from its big brother. I really like it.

Trigger Techs are nice triggers, but ever since I got my first one, I've felt they're lacking a bit. To be honest, this also could be because I got my first not long after I got my Bix Competition, so I may have been spoiled. The only reason I ended up getting the second one is that I was going to put my Geisselle on my 37XC, but it is a single-shot rifle with no safety and the Geisselle does not support removing the safety. I needed a trigger fast. I couldn't find the exact Bix I wanted, so I got a TT.

The Geisselle Super 700 is a nice trigger and now sort of a collectors item since you can't get them anymore, so it will stay. Good trigger regardless. It's moved on since it got rejected from the ELR crowd of my rifles and is happily sitting on my shorty 308, where it does great (2-stage).

The Timney sits on a rifle that hasn't seen the light of day in probably 4 years.

Long story short, whether you want to spend $500 or $300, Bix wins out.

Reactions: kthomas
I have looked at the Comp trigger but never ordered one ( thought about saying “pulled the trigger” but thought better not). I actually saw one in person when a vendor accidentally sent one to me ( sent it back) looked nice, but could not try it.

I have looked at the Comp trigger but never ordered one ( thought about saying “pulled the trigger” but thought better not). I actually saw one in person when a vendor accidentally sent one to me ( sent it back) looked nice, but could not try it.

Every time I shoot my 6, I'm like, "why don't I have one of these on all my rifles..."

Have you tried the Pro X and how does the comp compare?

I have the Pro X (I left off the X, but that's what I've got) on my 300 PRC. It is really good. Much cleaner break than the TriggerTech. It is not the Comp, however.

It is so hard to explain just how clean and crisp the Comp is compared to literally every other trigger I've ever owned or tried.

For those with Tacsport Pros or Pro-X's, how often (if ever) do you have to clean the trigger? And when you do, do you fully disassemble it to do so? I think that's my one remaining bit of information I haven't found much on. Bullet Central has videos on how to take them apart and clean them but I do wonder how often I'm going to have to do that.

For those with Tacsport Pros or Pro-X's, how often (if ever) do you have to clean the trigger? And when you do, do you fully disassemble it to do so? I think that's my one remaining bit of information I haven't found much on. Bullet Central has videos on how to take them apart and clean them but I do wonder how often I'm going to have to do that.
What trigger shoe are you using? I really like the gator on the pro X. Guess I could put the AMG Anschutz comp triggers.