• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

White oak armament accuracy

I haven't shot it yet, but it's a Craddock Bartlein sooooo im sure it will perform.

The barrel still needs to go to Cryo and cerakote. The Chrome Moly Bartlein is going to be a Data Collection and Comparison Barrel for the effectiveness of Cryo, SS Vs CM. The foundation that both barrels will be tested on will be the JP SCI-20.

I had mentioned in another thread that I would be willing conduct a POI shift test utilizing the JP SCI-20 Semi-Monolithic Upper and Handguard so this will be a "Three Birds one Stone" Evaluation also incorporating the Precision Armament Hypertap Muzzle Brake.

Jake.

If it wouldn’t mess up your test I would love you to break it in, shoot it, do a 5x5, then Cryo and 5x5.

I feel like I am seeing some stress related poi shifts after barrel gets warm, cools to touch, then it’ll throw shot 1 high then put the rest in a tiny little group. I’ve read some others having this issue and they claim crypto removes that stress related issue. I’m not sure

If it wouldn’t mess up your test I would love you to break it in, shoot it, do a 5x5, then Cryo and 5x5.

I feel like I am seeing some stress related poi shifts after barrel gets warm, cools to touch, then it’ll throw shot 1 high then put the rest in a tiny little group. I’ve read some others having this issue and they claim crypto removes that stress related issue. I’m not sure
I'll see what I can do keep in touch with me so I don't forget.

• Love
Reactions: bfoosh006 and B Man
I have three WOA 18in SPR barrels one 16in precision carbine barrel and a 24in Valk floating around. Probably another one I’m forgetting about right now. Of those one SPR barrel got pulled because it didn’t shoot as well as the others. I’ve not sent it back yet, it’s still sitting in a box. In my circle there’s quite a few WOA barrels and I only know of two that didn’t preform well out of the box.

I did go with a different brand to replace the SPR barrel that didn’t shoot. But frankly that was just me trying something else over not trusting WOA. It suspect next time around I’ll go with a more expensive blank like sone of the others have talked about. Everything except the Valk is a standard Wilson blank.

This was in a Krieger 7.7 Twist with a CLE chamber from CLE. Based on my experience it really liked mk262 and hated our team 80smk white box. I even had some problems with 80.5s, but a lot less than the 80 SMKs.

First picture is with 80s and that barrel on the 600 yard line and second picture is 600 yard line with mk262; both at Camp Perry last year. My barrel would shotgun 80s at 600. Now I run a modified Wylde chamber that has a different lead angle among a few other things.

Attachments

• IMG_4597.jpeg
    IMG_4597.jpeg
    828.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4596.jpeg
    IMG_4596.jpeg
    887.5 KB · Views: 45
First picture is with 80s and that barrel on the 600 yard line and second picture is 600 yard line with mk262; both at Camp Perry last year. My barrel would shotgun 80s at 600. Now I run a modified Wylde chamber that has a different lead angle among a few other things.
Yikes.

My son had similar problems with a few other premium barrels from decent 'smiths until we talked about it in some detail. He lost a boat-load of primers and was blaming his ammo before we brain-stormed and trouble-shot.

I was loading his 80s and 80.5s to USAMU 5.56 length (2.500" COAL) and his barrels were set for Wylde and CLE throats (around 2.445" - 2.450" with sharper leade ange). Knowing that I reamed the Wylde and CLE with Ned Christiansen's 5.56 throating reamer, which seems to have fixed the problem.

Your second photo shows me you must have great hold and consistency because your MK262 group has excellent height (sub X-ring high) but you're getting blown from outside 10 on the left to inside 8 on the right. You seem to be missing left-to-right winds with pick-ups and the 77s are getting pushed around a bit.

Your MK262 performance shows why 77s and the CLE chamber are the preferred combo for rapid-fire Rattle Battle.

Reactions: bfoosh006 and jthor
Yikes.

My son had similar problems with a few other premium barrels from decent 'smiths until we talked about it in some detail. He lost a boat-load of primers and was blaming his ammo before we brain-stormed and trouble-shot.

I was loading his 80s and 80.5s to USAMU 5.56 length (2.500" COAL) and his barrels were set for Wylde and CLE throats (around 2.445" - 2.450" with sharper leade ange). Knowing that I reamed the Wylde and CLE with Ned Christiansen's 5.56 throating reamer, which seems to have fixed the problem.

Your second photo shows me you must have great hold and consistency because your MK262 group has excellent height (sub X-ring high) but you're getting blown from outside 10 on the left to inside 8 on the right. You seem to be missing left-to-right winds with pick-ups and the 77s are getting pushed around a bit.

Your MK262 performance shows why 77s and the CLE chamber are the preferred combo for rapid-fire Rattle Battle.
Yup! All on me for missing pick-ups/wind angle change. 77’s can easily clean targets at all the yard lines, you just really have to be on top of the wind at 600 in comparison to the 80/80.5s . Holding for prone hasn’t been a weakness of mine, usually I forget to check a condition when I zone out or lose patience waiting for my condition to come back. The team is now moving everyone to Nez’s “223 Eldridge” chamber which has been pretty successful for the team so far.

I knew that year going into Perry that 80s didn’t work in my barrel well, but I needed to prove so to team leadership. When I shot the first day of the CMP cup I knew “this isn’t me” and tested the mk262 on day 2. My current barrel is a mullerwork 1:7 with that modified Wylde 223 Eldridge.

Picture from another team member who shot the western fleet matches with the newer chamber. 200 sitting

Attachments

• IMG_5259.jpeg
    IMG_5259.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Love
Reactions: sinister
Nez' barrels with the hard nitriding will keep you in really good stead for long life per barrel. My son is very happy with his.

Nez turned a $40 Green Mountain blank into my son's superior 16-inch carbine barrel.

Victor'sSPR.jpg

... to make up for de-railing, my son just bought a replacement White Oak National Match barrel off Camp Perry's Commercial Row that John turned from a Bartlein blank.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: bfoosh006 and jthor