• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Who Make there own 6XC brass

I thought about making my own, but for the price from Tubb its not worth the time spent forming it all. I got my norma brass the other day and it looks and feels like pretty good brass.

I bought 1,000 Lapua 22-250 brass with the idea of forming my own...then I just bought some Norma 6XC and I've been happy with that. Anyone need some 22-250 brass? LOL

I made my own 6 x 47 Lapua from 6.5 x 47 Lapua. Small change, easy and quick to do. I would have just bought 6 x 47 if it was available though. I neck size only, bolt guns only and each box of brass lives with a specific rifle. Once in a while, the necks get annealed and trimmed for OAL, but that's about it. Love Lapua brass, all I use.

I run the Tubbs brass in my 6XC. On the 7th firing and trimmed for the first time, and not all of them, about 12 or so. I did FF some Remington 22-250 brass today just to see how it worked out. The dang things shot right along with my Norma brass to 1000.

I decided to try some, I just lubed them up and ran them through the 6XC FL die. There’s a little mushrooming but it will buff out. Tubb says fireforming is accurate enough to compete with.