Why are we not talking about the devastation in Western NC, TN, and other places?

Steel+Killer

Killing one steel plate at a time!
Minuteman
  • May 27, 2014
    32.75259713494653, -79.87485679548313
    Western NC, TN and many other places have been thrown back to the stone age from this storm. The Chimney Rock / Lake Lure area has been pretty much wiped out. (My wife and I really love that area) Parts of I-40 and I-26 have been washed away. Some of the areas that have been impacted will never recover.

Haven't heard a peep from Biden or Harris they are probably too busy putting together another package for Ukraine and Israel.

It's a fucking shame when disasters happen anywhere else our politicians are ready to send billions of US dollars the next day, but shit happens here they have to pass a relief package and vote on it!

It’s not exactly the Dems key voters and there is nothing left to send them after the billions Ukraine and Israel just received.

It is a fucking shame - my life long friend says 3 feet of rain in his AO in TN in about 20 hours - creek is up 2 feet over the banks and the road isn’t just washed out it’s gone

13881.jpeg

from what little i have seen cedar key & parts of pinellas look like gaza. seems to be much worse in states further north and our big bend. fl being red will likely slow any relief and prob reduce election participation in damaged areas. those are mostly rep i think.
    it is stunning to know that enough to start rebuilding has gone to israel and ukraine. nothing left for US. of course all that is pretend money laundering and deficit spending.
    be interesting to see if black rock,vanguard and others will buy up distressed areas like done in ukraine and maui. maui being gone from the news.
    with the damage so far insurance coverage and repair funding will tank.

Reactions: Jughead
    shitty thing,but what about all the solid waste? a week ago it was an enormous but unmentioned,never addressed problem. this devastation will produce millions,prob billions,of tons of unrecyclable waste,think about the mass of 1 car and 1 house. this not to mention the decomposition of organic matter. huge areas of likely future water contamination. down river,i expect the gulf will take a hit,diff from deep horizon but still bad.
    i doubt this will awaken the sheeple to our waste of resources overseas-wars,unnecessary mil bases,"foriegn aid".
    i kinda fear the scams that the elites will pull out of this. i am sure they have plans being made. hurricane season has 2 mos to go.

My son is flying a load of supplies to Ashe County this afternoon. One of a handful of airports that is not under water. There are lots of folks helping out with thier own donations and equipment, but the severity of the losses and damage is not making the news.

If there are pilots on here who own or have access to an aircraft, and if you can and are willing to help, your services are desperately needed. PM me and I can connect you with the right folks.

I-26 in Erwin is washed out, I-40 is washed out at the state line, all of the state and county roads going from TN to NC are washed out.
    All of the little towns and communities are isolated and devastated. If you want to see. Go to YouTube and search Newport TN, Erwin, Greenville, lake lure, Boone NC, Hot Springs NC, Asheville NC and I am sure many more will show up in your feed. Many of the smaller dams were at risk and several were flowing over the top.
    It's bad and will take years to recover.

Anyone have any info on a website or phone contact to find people displaced. I have a very elderly uncle in Ashville. No one in the family has had contact since before the storm. We don't know if they were evacuated or not.

Billions blown on illegal aliens running around with debit cards in the 10s of thousands. What the actual fuck.

A drop in the ocean compared to the money we’ve spent to fund overseas destabilization and conflicts.

To put things into better perspective, we’ve just moved forward with a bill to spend a staggering $1.6 BILLION on anti - China smear propaganda alone (H.R. 1157), on top of a pre - existing one only slightly less expensive (H.R. 2329) before that. Bills that do nothing but spread malice - nobody gets fed or educated, nothing gets built, nothing improves, nobody comes out better.

Imagine, if that money was spent on us Americans in need instead.

Last edited:
    Yeah I'm pretty sure my mother's house is about to flood. She lives in West Columbia on the river and the river is still rising. Guess I'm going to SC soon. Hopefully it won't get in the house too much. The first level is within flood plane and built to that requirement (which isn't all that great to be honest), but that's the garage and basement and if it's a lot of water that comes in, of course damage will be major

If you have Facebook, the page titled North Carolina’s Weather Authority has lots of information and pictures. It is unbelievable how bad things look. I have fly fished in several of the impacted areas, and they are unrecognizable now.

Yeah I'm pretty sure my mother's house is about to flood. She lives in West Columbia on the river and the river is still rising. Guess I'm going to SC soon. Hopefully it won't get in the house too much. The first level is within flood plane and built to that requirement (which isn't all that great to be honest), but that's the garage and basement and if it's a lot of water that comes in, of course damage will be major

Broad River? My son is in Lexington county. As of last night he said they were okay.

Reactions: BuildingConceptsllc
    My wife and I love staying at the Lake Lure 1927 Inn it is a really cool old school place that almost takes you back in time. The staff is usually really nice. A lot of the actors from Dirty Dancing stayed there when they filmed the movie there. It looks like it held up it sits on a lot higher ground across from the lake, but the little area of Chimney Rock three minutes down the road looks almost completely gone.

Broad River? My son is in Lexington county. As of last night he said they were okay.
    Yeah, she's right there when you go across the Gervais street Bridge on the left. Directly on the river.

This is where it's at right now, well a few hours ago.

Attachments

• image000001.jpg
      image000001.jpg
      524.1 KB · Views: 70
    • Wow
    Reactions: EddieNFL
    I've got a house near Fall Beanch Tn, no real damage. No chance of flooding and my neighbors at the bottom of the mountain didnt mention any significant flooding from the creek. Couple trees down. No damage. One was standing rotten really close to porch that was going to be a bitch to fell. Possible widowmakers falling while cutting and not much space to drop it.

Power out until maybe tomorrow night so what little was in freezer is junk.

150miles of I-40 is shut down is mind blowing.

That’s 1/3 of the state east to west.

Parents are in Burke Co, friends and family are spread from Brevard to Boone. The few times calls or texts have gone through, the reports are worse than the previous. Waste treatment facilities, water treatment, power plants, all are completely underwater.

Friend’s dad in Black Mountain area was tasked with cutting a road to one of the water facilities. His crews moved mud for 8hrs only to tell the mayor there was no point until things dried out, as soon as they dug a path through the silt and mud, their tracks had filled back in.

Supposedly National Guard has arrived in the past 24hrs to start trying to figure out temporary bridges, but at this point it’s far from even getting started.

Real fucked.

Its bad.
    The majority of Bat Cave and Chimney rock are floating in Lake Lure.
    Town of Marshall, obliterated.
    Historical places forever lost.
    Entire communities, MANY in small vallys and coves, cut off from civilization.
    Much of western NC has been knocked back to the 19th century at this moment.
    Got a car? No road to drive on.
    Got a ATV? There is now a 30ft deep ravine you couldnt traverse with a horse, seperating you from any town.
    Ive got lots of friends and family there. What few pictures are coming out of the area can't convey the severity of the crisis.

Its bad.
    The majority of Bat Cave and Chimney rock are floating in Lake Lure.
    Town of Marshall, obliterated.
    Historical places forever lost.
    Entire communities, MANY in small vallys and coves, cut off from civilization.
    Much of western NC has been knocked back to the 19th century at this moment.
    Got a car? No road to drive on.
    Got a ATV? There is now a 30ft deep ravine you couldnt traverse with a horse, seperating you from any town.
    Ive got lots of friends and family there. What few pictures are coming out of the area can't convey the severity of the crisis.
    Exactly. And not a damn thing on the media nor anything from gov that I’ve seen. I’m sorry but America should come first and we should quit sending our resources and money overseas. Half of them don’t give a shit about us or hate us anyways. The people effected by the storm and those in Hawaii should be helped before we send another cent overseas!

We were going to take supplies of food and water but there's no way to get there from here without going up into Virginia and circling back down into NC and then probably running into the same road outages from that direction. The rural areas are going to need helicopters to supply them.
    The Unicoi Hospital was under water and they airlifted the people from the roof.

This might help some folks with communication

ALERT: Asheville, NC is a TOTAL blackout zone, so we’ve set up TWO Starlink Stations for Public Use

Even NC State Police aren’t able to connect to cellular networks, so they’re using our Starlinks now.

SPOT 1:
    DoubleTree Hilton Downtown
    199 Haywood
    SSID: SORTOR STARLINK
    Pass: ncstrong

SPOT 2:
    Asheville Shelter
    Ferguson Building
    340 Victoria Rd
    SSID: HALL STARLINK
    Pass: ncstrong

Spread this for ANYONE in the affected area. It’s been days since anyone’s been able to connect to cellular out here.

@ChrisHallWx
    and I have had these up and running for an hour, and I lost count of the amount of people that’ve told us they’ve FINALLY been able to connect with friends and family and let them know they’re okay 🙂

I’m sure this post will have someone run up my data bill just to troll me, but so be it.

We’ve connected Asheville back to the world! 🙌🏻