• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Why The Shock Over The Paris Olympics?

I don't think it's shock as much as it's just exceptionally offensive to directly mock christians.

Imagine what would be happening in France today if they had mocked muhammed.

Branden

I'm assuming you mean The Last Supper mockery right? I myself am Christian and I didn't find it offensive, but rather in bad taste just simply because this is something the whole world is watching and not just France. I have seen that painting mocked for as long as I can remember. I am also a fan of Bill Maher who mocks Christianity quite a lot. Are we as Christians really becoming that thin skinned that we get offended by being made fun of in the same way Leftists are thin skinned because they get made fun? I'm not gonna be turning this into a huge sermon, but the anti-Christ exists in many forms (mainly politicians). Christians have always been the victor in the fight against the anti-Christ because of our thick skin and our undeniable love for God and His teachings. Are we really ready to throw out 2,000+ years all because we can't handle seeing a naked blue bearded attention whore? What are we to do you ask? Regain our thick skin and make a mockery of them right back and get back to being the victor of the anti-Christ who's sole goal is to destroy us. The anti-Christ can only win if we allow them to.

I'm assuming you mean The Last Supper mockery right? I myself am Christian and I didn't find it offensive, but rather in bad taste just simply because this is something the whole world is watching and not just France. I have seen that painting mocked for as long as I can remember. I am also a fan of Bill Maher who mocks Christianity quite a lot. Are we as Christians really becoming that thin skinned that we get offended by being made fun of in the same way Leftists are thin skinned because they get made fun? I'm not gonna be turning this into a huge sermon, but the anti-Christ exists in many forms (mainly politicians). Christians have always been the victor in the fight against the anti-Christ because of our thick skin and our undeniable love for God and His teachings. Are we really ready to throw out 2,000+ years all because we can't handle seeing a naked blue bearded attention whore? What are we to do you ask? Regain our thick skin and make a mockery of them right back and get back to being the victor of the anti-Christ who's sole goal is to destroy us. The anti-Christ can only win if we allow them to.

Thinking like yours is how you become a persecuted minority in your own country.

Christians should take a page from the Muslims.

You'll notice in Muslim countries they don't have to pussy foot around about it being a Muslim country.
You'll also notice all these folks that are proud to attack and blaspheme Christianity are very careful not to upset the Muslims (and of course the Jews).

If you stop fighting then evil wins.

Thinking like yours is how you become a persecuted minority in your own country.

Christians should take a page from the Muslims.

You'll notice in Muslim countries they don't have to pussy foot around about it being a Muslim country.
You'll also notice all these folks that are proud to attack and blaspheme Christianity are very careful not to upset the Muslims (and of course the Jews).

If you stop fighting then evil wins.

Are you saying we need another Christian Crusade?

Reactions: 232593
Your probably right.

But I’d still like to see a 10 MT mushroom cloud rising over what’s left of Paris after that shit show they put on.

Your probably right.

But I’d still like to see a 10 MT mushroom cloud rising over what’s left of Paris after that shit show they put on.

The Russians might just do it for you.

But if not, the Muslims will soon be in control of France and they will do Muslim things to blasphemers.

Just a simple question here. The whole country of France has had a history of being probably the most sexually deviant country on Earth, so why are people so shocked at their deviant opening ceremony?
isn’t France also known for its history of making aesthetically pleasing things such as art and architecture? Why didn’t they run with that and leave the promotion of degeneracy to Disney & Netflix.

for me its more of their full woke agenda being forced on everyone worldwide. fascism at its finest.

I didn’t watch the opening ceremony but have seen some stills from it. I didn’t see anti-Christian imagery in the pics that I saw, but I wasn’t looking for it either. I think people see what they want to see and many are just itching to be offended by something.

Honestly, the pics from the ceremony that I have seen are so extremely opposed to the image of Olympic level athletes that I assumed the ceremony pics to be Babylon Bee level satire. The juxtaposition of this Barbara Butch woman and the Olympics must be satire. Right?

But, to answer the OPs question; people are offended because people want to be offended. This is the only way that many derive ‘value’ from their existence.

Reactions: Jscb1b
I find it funny that all the Christian God-bothers got so offended about what they thought was supposed to be the last supper, when it was actually the Greek God Dionysus who arrives on the table.

He is there because he is the god of celebration in Greek mythology.

You know, one of the gods of Olympus. Which the Olympic Games are named after.

Some people just look for any excuse to be offended.

The desired goal was achieved, probably moreso than anyone expected. The goal was to piss people off, draw noteriety (Im sure a brave hero genius in some circles) and publicity/$$$$ The "right leaning news" of course is going to clickbait the fuck out of people so they can make some money while laughing too.

Iffin' you watched it then you brought this upon yourself and should have known better lol...

Hook, line, sinker.

Reactions: Gwak06
I find it funny that all the Christian God-bothers got so offended about what they thought was supposed to be the last supper, when it was actually the Greek God Dionysus who arrives on the table.

Dionysus....right..... https://www.yahoo.com/news/olympic-bosses-apologise-sleazy-drag-112805411.html

They are an abomination in the sight of the Lord. Nuff said. There's plenty more specific punishments when a man lays with a man as he does with a woman.

Last edited:
@Maser

Here's my beef. For years I've been forced to be politically correct and not say things that 'MIGHT' offend 'SOMEONE'. Never anyone specific, just someone. As I became an old fart, I realized that NOONE cared about my feelings, noone.

I'm at the end of my rodeo and I'm to the point that I don't care if I offend you or not. If you offend me, then I'm not going to do business with you. It's that plain and simple. And on top of that I'm going to let anyone know what an asshole you are.

They MOCKED my Lord and Savior. While I've been told I am not to judge, I will leave it to they have to answer for their sins, I have too many of my own to worry about.

If my 91 YO MIL didn't live with us, I wouldn't have cable TV. She ONLY watches NBC so I have no choice but to let her have her TV. As far as the advertisers, Woe be unto you. No more money from me, you supported people who pissed me off so F' You.

Everyone who really knows me, knows there is a line that if you cross over, there is no coming back to apologize or make up, or let's be friends again. NBC and the Olympics are personas non grata.

Yeah, I'm pissed. I might be unreasonable, but I don't care. You DO NOT bring that shit into my living room and get to stay for dinner.

Pete

Whoopi Goldberg who works full-time as an apologist for commies everywhere pointed out that it was meant to mimick the feast of olympians, since it is the olympic games. I don't know if she is right. Usually, I think she is wrong. And the organizers are not saying one way or the other.

If it is a sour take on the Last Supper, rest assured, God will fix that. Eventually, one way or another.

Or let people be offended and not watch and hopefully the ratings float as well as the Titan. Sometimes, you cannot stop a train wreck. All you can do is stay back and watch the carnage.

Reactions: Lange Carabine
Athletes and sponsors need to walk away and leave. If I was a competitor I would of gladly gave up my Olympic career and sought opportunities elsewhere at a different time than be complacent with shit like this.
I don't disagree, but it's easier said than done. An Olympian is 1 out of 500,000. When you train your whole life for the chance to compete and win, in an Olympic competition what other career is going to be a barrier breaker to an elite competing among the best?

I didn't see the opening other than the highlights, regardless of whether it was a mockery or it was a Greek mythology celebration. It was sick, and stupid.

The ONLY objective that part of the opening procured, was take away from the athletes who compete. It's about them, the competition between Countries and Nations, and the disgusting dipsticks who have to push this BS out in front of you, me, and my kids faces needs to stop. It isn't our athletes fault, yet they are the ones who are going to be hurt with down ratings.

@Maser

Here's my beef. For years I've been forced to be politically correct and not say things that 'MIGHT' offend 'SOMEONE'. Never anyone specific, just someone. As I became an old fart, I realized that NOONE cared about my feelings, noone.

I'm at the end of my rodeo and I'm to the point that I don't care if I offend you or not. If you offend me, then I'm not going to do business with you. It's that plain and simple. And on top of that I'm going to let anyone know what an asshole you are.

They MOCKED my Lord and Savior. While I've been told I am not to judge, I will leave it to they have to answer for their sins, I have too many of my own to worry about.

If my 91 YO MIL didn't live with us, I wouldn't have cable TV. She ONLY watches NBC so I have no choice but to let her have her TV. As far as the advertisers, Woe be unto you. No more money from me, you supported people who pissed me off so F' You.

Everyone who really knows me, knows there is a line that if you cross over, there is no coming back to apologize or make up, or let's be friends again. NBC and the Olympics are personas non grata.

Yeah, I'm pissed. I might be unreasonable, but I don't care. You DO NOT bring that shit into my living room and get to stay for dinner.

Pete
Preach it brother! I stay much more incognito for now, having been educated by the covid experience. I’m not close enough to natural death to be quite useless yet.

Well, Thomas Jolly, the artistic director for the ceremony, told French news channel BFM TV on Sunday that the inspiration for that scene was the Greek god Dionysus.

And I believe the person who actually designed the ceremony, over what anyone else says about the design of the ceremony.
Then explain this quote from the article I linked. Perhaps the organizers of the event do not know about their event?
"The organisers of the Paris Olympics have apologised after a drag queen parody of Leonardo Da Vinci’s Last Supper featured in the opening ceremony."
And the Telegraph should be ashamed of the typos.

Reactions: 232593
Then explain this quote from the article I linked. Perhaps the organizers of the event do not know about their event?
"The organisers of the Paris Olympics have apologised after a drag queen parody of Leonardo Da Vinci’s Last Supper featured in the opening ceremony."
And the Telegraph should be ashamed of the typos.

Yeah. I'm sure the organising committee of the whole Olympic Games micromanaged and knew about every little part of the games, from the order of the sports, the menus, to the TV coverage, the venues, athlete's accommodation, including every little part of the opening, instead of delegating parts to others. Like the artistic director for the opening ceremony.

I believe the person who actually designed the ceremony, over what anyone else says about the design of the ceremony.

Even if it WAS about ancient Greek culture and not a mockery of the fabric that created modern western civilization, the addition of drag queens into the ceremony makes the event into a groomer clownshow.

People are already sick of EVERYTHING being perverted by LGBTWTF. Whole lists of movies have gone broke at the box office, entire companies have tanked because they just gotta put groomer clowns into everything.
smiley_freak.gif

It is hilarious to see all the "straight" men who are the CEOs and leaders of companies and film production gushing on and on about the "plight of trans people and crossdressers". Yeah, now we KNOW what the fuck you be doing home alone in those mansions when your wives go out to attend days-long womens' retreats and wine clubs. That Grindr app and nearby Uber drivers be working overtime during these days. What happened at the Pelosi house last year just confirms the hilarity of it all.

Yeah. I'm sure the organising committee of the whole Olympic Games micromanaged and knew about every little part of the games, from the order of the sports, the menus, to the TV coverage, the venues, athlete's accommodation, including every little part of the opening, instead of delegating parts to others. Like the artistic director for the opening ceremony.

I believe the person who actually designed the ceremony, over what anyone else says about the design of the ceremony.
I didn't catch your pronouns. And yes you are right the opening ceremony is equivalent to the menus.

The Olympics are supposed to be about bringing humanity together in the arena of sport. Instead the entire world was exposed to either an:
  1. Intentional mockery of Christianity.
  2. A celebration of Dionysus, the god of wine, fertility, and sexual perversion.
I'd say that the event organizer due to being gay and French was aiming to be as offensive as possible and intended both options and now Progressives and the LGBTQ mafia are playing the "your all being bigots for being offended" games. Fuck everyone involved in bringing us this shitshow.

I know a French or two, heck way more than that unfortunately. That's typical french shit, but this time it's at the face of the world to see.

In france, Christians are mocked every days for their faith; if they go to the Church or not. Simply mentioning the Bible or any verses, and you will be insulted rather quickly as being a 'retard' of some sort. However, praising very liberal agenda like abortion, polygamy and even having sex with kids, is more than OK, as crazy as it sounds, it may be even encouraged in some circles.

That's a mentality for sure, and they seem to perfectly assume it as they are not hiding it anymore. See that little girl (10 years or so) with the huge black men in that shameful scene ? No coincidence and no, it's not 'art'. That's a message. They push normalization down your throat.

If you dare to be offended or you do not agree, you will be tagged as an enemy to their great society, and pushed in a corner. Most french I had to work with, had no morale values left. You can lie, stab people in the back, steal, sabotage, everything is perfectly fine as soon as it reaches it's intended goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lange Carabine
Missed it, was out listening to live jazz, and eating a kick ass reef fish dinner when it was on. Sounds like they coulda used Zelenskyy to join in… Shoulda done a thing with some Moulon Rouge cooter or something like that, everybody loves French cooter. 🤣

Missed it, was out listening to live jazz, and eating a kick ass reef fish dinner when it was on. Sounds like they coulda used Zelenskyy to join in… Shoulda done a thing with some Moulon Rouge cooter or something like that, everybody loves French cooter. 🤣
Ewwwwwww.... keep that bigfoot shit to yourself.

Sirhr

Reactions: Clearlight

And the pale horse galloping down the Seine was the one Virgil wrote about in the Aeneid?