• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Why The Shock Over The Paris Olympics?

An "outside" observation.

If most people truly supported these things, would it require constant gaslighting by the media outlets, celebrities and the like? If this is so supported, would it be necessary to coerce people into acceptance with threats of being cancelled (think of what cancelled means in this context).

The reason it works is the same reason mandates worked. And, it wasnt because people thought it was right....

As for the male boxer. Zero fucks given.
Yes, the media outlets and celebrities are clearly to blame here. Still, most people and especially a lot of the french are dumb as a rock.

Today you can get information from hundreds of different channels, and there is still people who believe everything they hear/see through the idiot box without questioning anything.

At this time, the french TV channels are not covering the above issue. They barely covered the backlash resulting from the opening ceremony. All you hear is constant praises: "that's the greatest Olympic ever", "whaoo that's the the most beautiful thing have seen in my life", "that's the kind of society we cherish in france", yada yada...

At some point, there is some support from a critical mass of the populace like for the covid mandates.

Reactions: mosin46
Has the actual fight video been scrubbed from the net completely? I can't find the actual fight footage anywhere. Just a bunch of news about it and talking heads on YouTube.

Last edited:
creepy

FetFIGpCQnYR.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: merica and eprom
Reactions: ken226
You know what else you probably missed in the ceremony that was biblical along with the Last Supper;

Remember seeing all the little Marie Antoinettes beheaded and blood sprayed on the building?

That was a subtle hint of what will soon be taking place in our streets and city squares when you don't accept the MOTB(I can't say that on here for concern of getting banned. But, IYKYK) and worship the lawless one. You probably just thought it was meaningless french artwork with a metal band, huh? Far from it. Go lookup Chanel's patent on their new fancy, shiny guilotines. :sneaky:

Last edited:
Reactions: HD1911
Not being from the US, it astonishes me how many of you actually don’t give a shit about shooting, like at all.

OK, if I may ask, where are you from, then? Because I don't know of any other country that has the level of shooting emphasis you feel is lacking in the US. There are, at least, two "competitive shooting" organizations (IDPA and USPSA) which sponsor competitions all the time, along with the plethora of private competitions. And with all the Pro2A groups fighting for gun rights in this country (NRA, GOA, SAF, etc. etc.), how can you say we don't care? It might not look like we don't but, trust me, we do! Maybe not always at the "Olympic" level, but we do.

Last edited:
Sorry but no sorry, some events are not "shooting" to me.
I may be in the minority here, but I feel the olympic disciplines unfairly get a bit of a bad rap from the wider shooting community for being too contrived etc. It's partly their own fault though. If they got rid of the shooting suits etc and people realised that they can still shoot better groups offhand than half of shooters can off the bench, there would probably be a lot more respect given.

I may be in the minority here, but I feel the olympic disciplines unfairly get a bit of a bad rap from the wider shooting community for being too contrived etc. It's partly their own fault though. If they got rid of the shooting suits etc and people realised that they can still shoot better groups offhand than half of shooters can off the bench, there would probably be a lot more respect given.
I am with you on that. I think that's what started this post; the shooter came only with his pant and a shirt.

According to Voice of America , there is no gender scandal just pesky Russian's making it up

GUHv1b1WkAA1Wlg.jpeg

Meanwhile in Boxing

I wonder if one of them will say he was not man enough when he looses

Judo 80kg Korean vs 140+kg French

Last edited:
Yeah. I'm sure the organising committee of the whole Olympic Games micromanaged and knew about every little part of the games, from the order of the sports, the menus, to the TV coverage, the venues, athlete's accommodation, including every little part of the opening, instead of delegating parts to others. Like the artistic director for the opening ceremony.

I believe the person who actually designed the ceremony, over what anyone else says about the design of the ceremony.

Why would you believe the person who designed that?

OK, if I may ask, where are you from, then? Because I don't know of any other country that has the level of shooting emphasis you feel is lacking in the US. There are, at least, two "competitive shooting" organizations (IDPA and USPSA) which sponsor competitions all the time, along with the plethora of private competitions. And with all the Pro2A groups fighting for gun rights in this country (NRA, GOA, SAF, etc. etc.), how can you say we don't care? It might not look like we don't but, trust me, we do! Maybe not always at the "Olympic" level, but we do.
I’m Canadian. I shoot every single day.
The Americans I work with, good wholesome, conservative folks, barely know what shooting is. They take it for granted.
Again, nothing to do with the Olympics at all.