• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Yellowjacket Infestation

You're the one that brought up fleas and ticks sir... I honestly didn't realize that yellow jackets are meat eaters.

If that was sarcasm it wasn't well played.
They are not just "meat eaters." They are omniviors. Their diet changes throught the year. Like most good bugs they are opertunistic feeders.

Gasoline will eat a hole in cheap spray bottle in about 20 minutes I bet.

Reactions: UKDslayer
Termidor or Taurus SC (Fipronil) in a sprayer works wonders. I normally use it to keeps ants/termites away but will kill yellow jackets/wasps without mercy. I have a colony in a tree (big enough that I bought a bee suit for). But it also works well in openings - bugs don't see it, smell it or taste it. They unknowingly take it back to the colony.
Along this line.

Alpine WSG​

Pretty cheap.

Reapply after a rain.

Reactions: DangerDave
I’ve mentioned here before - we have a family business in the construction industry. Doing a remodel job once years ago one of the problems with he folks wanted addressed was a few small holes in the master bedroom ceiling.

It was a wasp nest the size of a large kitchen table - the wasps had eaten or chewed up the gypsum boats down to the paper face and was just about to break threw the ceiling and fall square on the bed .
It was a 4 day ordeal to get them removed .

As a side note - we ran into that couple some years later on Mackinaw Island - a tourist spot in one of the Great Lakes for all you heathens. Anyhow they remembered us and thanked us for saving their lives .

I went to examine the small pin hole above the bead - finger went right through and wasps started coming out - it was early am so they were not yet at 100% operating capacity luckily

I’ve mentioned here before - we have a family business in the construction industry. Doing a remodel job once years ago one of the problems with he folks wanted addressed was a few small holes in the master bedroom ceiling.

It was a wasp nest the size of a large kitchen table - the wasps had eaten or chewed up the gypsum boats down to the paper face and was just about to break threw the ceiling and fall square on the bed .
It was a 4 day ordeal to get them removed .

As a side note - we ran into that couple some years later on Mackinaw Island - a tourist spot in one of the Great Lakes for all you heathens. Anyhow they remembered us and thanked us for saving their lives .

I went to examine the small pin hole above the bead - finger went right through and wasps started coming out - it was early am so they were not yet at 100% operating capacity luckily
I’m looking forward to being relaxed again instead of constantly being stressed and ready to kill them one or two at a time. Pest control’s gonna be here in a couple of hours.

Update: Pest control was here. They drilled holes in the wooden siding around the nest and sprayed PT PI aerosol in them and a couple other openings. Then they put tempo dust in all of them.

Gave me a few Victor yellow jacket and flying insect traps. I put some skirt (the nice old man provided the soda as well) in them and set a couple in the basement and one on the main floor. They said it should take care of all them within 12-24 hours. Hope this works and gets rid of those suckers.

Thank you all for your advice and support!

Reactions: UKDslayer
Love the smell of napalm in the morning lol

1726266500733.jpeg

Update: Pest control was here. They drilled holes in the wooden siding around the nest and sprayed PT PI aerosol in them and a couple other openings. Then they put tempo dust in all of them.

Gave me a few Victor yellow jacket and flying insect traps. I put some skirt (the nice old man provided the soda as well) in them and set a couple in the basement and one on the main floor. They said it should take care of all them within 12-24 hours. Hope this works and gets rid of those suckers.

Thank you all for your advice and support!
A new product, Temprid Dust, will absolutely take care of them in a wall also. The label doesn’t state yellow jackets because the EPA doesn’t like labels that could potentially take out pollinators. How this would be applied will never see a pollinator, and will have residual activity so long as the dust stays dry (in the wall). In fact, it will take care of everything in the wall for a vary long time 🤣