You have won the time travel, hunting trip of a life time

Too messy. You go back in time make a change, it changes history after that, and so the choice for the oldest target changes history for the future targets that make it no longer valid. If we want to say history stays the same so you can get the future targets, then what's the point?

Maybe game should be, one single point back in time, and up to 3 targets from that one time.

Reactions: diverdon
If it’s a hunting trip, I’m going back to take down a T-Rex, a mammoth, and a saber tooth tiger. With spears.

I’m otherwise not fucking with history, might just get what I’d be asking for.
Agree with you on the hunting trip. But id use a bowie knife.

What on God’s green Earth is the history you’re asking for?

Also anyone remember that old computer game Titanic adventure out of time. Where you could stop WWI WW2 the bolshevik revolution. That was a cool game.

Reactions: Redmanss
Too messy. You go back in time make a change, it changes history after that, and so the choice for the oldest target changes history for the future targets that make it no longer valid. If we want to say history stays the same so you can get the future targets, then what's the point?

Maybe game should be, one single point back in time, and up to 3 targets from that one time.

Not changing or killing one damn thing but three teal.

November 27, 1964. Don’t even need the whole day, Just 4AM to 4PM. Lake Darbonne, off Farmerville, Louisiana. I’m not taking out three people but having two people accompany me. Bobbie Deal (who owned the blind and was my father’s assistant in the engineering section) and Willard O. Kirste Sr.

Kirste Sr suffered a heart attack after getting home that evening. He never left the hospital. 41 years of age.

it was such a good day, I wish I had it back, what we would talk about, what we would do,

You're welcome!

No way I'm going back in time and not getting some sweet historical pussy.
Screenshot_20240906-205044.png

You know youve always had a thing for Lucy!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: geek65 and Im2bent
In Heinlein's "Number of the Beast," they found alternate universes. And while getting rid of Hitler would be high on anyone's list, could someone worse than him come along that would normally not get caught because we never had a Hitler to deal with?

And not even shoot Adolf. Just give his dad a condom.

Goodness gracious, have we not learned anything from the Back to the Future franchise?

"Doc! You built a time machine? Out of a DeLorean?!"

In Heinlein's "Number of the Beast," they found alternate universes. And while getting rid of Hitler would be high on anyone's list, could someone worse than him come along that would normally not get caught because we never had a Hitler to deal with?

And not even shoot Adolf. Just give his dad a condom.

Goodness gracious, have we not learned anything from the Back to the Future franchise?

"Doc! You built a time machine? Out of a DeLorean?!"

No need to kill anyone, to prevent Hitler and all that.
Just go back in time and replace the bullets in some young anarchist's pistol with blanks.

A couple hundred million people wouldn't have died horribly.
We might still have our Republic.

Reactions: johnnycat
The thing with assassinations is they’re planned out in advance with contingencies. So stopping an assassination doesn’t stop the conspiracy. Nothing would have changed.

The thing with assassinations is they’re planned out in advance with contingencies. So stopping an assassination doesn’t stop the conspiracy. Nothing would have changed.

Hard to say, if they miss their window, it may not be nearly as easy again.
Just look at the whole thing with Trump, it was supposed to happen but it didn't.

The parents of whoever came up with income taxes, the internet and social media

Actually that's 6, but it eliminates the 3 choices, technically that makes it 9, or I could just eliminate one of each set of parents, damn decisions

Reactions: lead ƒarmer
The parents of whoever came up with income taxes, the internet and social media

Actually that's 6, but it eliminates the 3 choices, technically that makes it 9, or I could just eliminate one of each set of parents, damn decisions
Or is it 2*3^4?
Fuck...I gotta go back and look at some Combinatorics now.

I dont need three people - just one. Whoever that mother-fucker was that thought daylight savings time was a good idea. Some Kraut bastard in WWI? I dont know who exactly it was but lets just off that son-of-a-bitch and maybe then my dogs won't get me up at 4 o'damn clock in the morning during winter.
Someone with common sense

I dont need three people - just one. Whoever that mother-fucker was that thought daylight savings time was a good idea. Some Kraut bastard in WWI? I dont know who exactly it was but lets just off that son-of-a-bitch and maybe then my dogs won't get me up at 4 o'damn clock in the morning during winter.

He didn't invent it, but Ben Franklin was the guy that introduced it to America.

Anyways, my choice of going back in time doesn't involve killing anyone, but rather slapping an ex-President as many times as it takes to change a fatal mistake for our country. I'm talking about Theodore Roosevelt. Because of his arrogance in splitting the Republican vote by running as a 3rd party candidate, he effectively gave us Woodrow Wilson.

Not a lot of love for Woodrow Wilson I see.

While I don’t really care much for shooting people anymore. (Had my share and opportunity in 1971). I can’t say there is much to like about Wilson. The man who perfected lies to move forward in politics. In fact, had we had a rather decent person in office in 1917-1918-1919, I might not have spent time enjoying the “wonders” of the Orient in 1971. Millions died (including 58 thousand of my brothers) because of Wilson’s arrogance and lack of foresight.

Hitler? During the war, plans to have him killed were squashed. Reason, it was felt someone with some common sense and true wartime leadership might take over, making winning the war in Europe that much harder.