Rifle Scopes Zeiss Conquest line quality (lack of)

yourotherleft

Private
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2010
Kalifreakingfornia
I bought four Zeiss conquest scopes new from BH. Two 3-9x40 and two 4.5-14x44. All of them has a very visible loose lint/debris inside the scope, which is annoying. Some of them move as you shake the scope. I am wondering if any of you have the same experience. I am exchanging them for another one. But if the next four has the same problem I don't know if I can live with it. Glass is awesome but assembly (here in US)is very sub standard. As I shine inside the scope with flashlight I can see a lot more debris waiting to stick to lens/reticle. Do they assemble them in the desert? Geez...

Re: Zeiss Conquest line quality (lack of)

Mine had same problem... got a second and was the same. Finally used the whack on a phone book trick and it took care of it without the sending back hassle. Other than that love the scopes!

i have one, a 4.5-14x50 and can not speak highly enough of it, i know their CS is top rate, give em a call and i expect you will be looked after,

i know it sucks, but you have to admit, with the amount of scopes being produced by these top optics companies, all it would take is one technician on the assembly line to have a bad day or not pay attention all day every day.. but it is how a company handles the problem afterwards that i think really seperates the good from the great.

give zeiss a call mate, all the best,

jim,

ps let us know how they handle it.

good glass, and i've mounted the conquest on everything from 22 and 17 hmr rifles, up to a 375 h&h once. that said, i think they maybe rushing a little as of late, that is where those little defects come from. call them and you will be taken care of

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: springer01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine had same problem... got a second and was the same. Finally used <span style="font-weight: bold">the whack on a phone book trick</span> and it took care of it without the sending back hassle. Other than that love the scopes! </div></div>

What exactly is the <span style="font-weight: bold">the whack on a phone book trick</span>?

Re: Zeiss Conquest line quality (lack of)Scopes ha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Drifter_1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: springer01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine had same problem... got a second and was the same. Finally used <span style="font-weight: bold">the whack on a phone book trick</span> and it took care of it without the sending back hassle. Other than that love the scopes! </div></div>

What exactly is the <span style="font-weight: bold">the whack on a phone book trick</span>? </div></div>

Most Scopes(?)have A Sticky Liner Inside The Tube To Catch Any Loose Dust Or Specs Floating Around Inside The Scope,sometimes The Etch Glass Gets A Peace Stuck And You Can Hit It Sideways On A Solid Yet Soft Strike Point Like A Phone Book And It May Dislodge The Spec From The Lens And Stick To The Liner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Drifter_1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: springer01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine had same problem... got a second and was the same. Finally used <span style="font-weight: bold">the whack on a phone book trick</span> and it took care of it without the sending back hassle. Other than that love the scopes! </div></div>

What exactly is the <span style="font-weight: bold">the whack on a phone book trick</span>? </div></div>

Most Scopes(?)have A Sticky Liner Inside The Tube To Catch Any Loose Dust Or Specs Floating Around Inside The Scope,sometimes The Etch Glass Gets A Peace Stuck And You Can Hit It Sideways On A Solid Yet Soft Strike Point Like A Phone Book And It May Dislodge The Spec From The Lens And Stick To The Liner. </div></div>

Thanks for the info.

I have encountered the same issue with my 3.5X10X44. I called and they simply advised I return it for replacement, no problem. Didn't realize this was such a common, re-occuring problem.

I'll try the "whack-em" trick first though. Ultimately, it shoots fine and most day's I don't even notice the specks but they are there and shouldn't be. I am just waiting for deer season to end before I dismount the scope.