6.5 PRC Mauser M18

Don Dial

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2014
Did first range trip on barrel break in today. Using 143 Gr Hornady ELDX 24.4” bbl. 3x9 Swarovski glass. Glass and rifle both light for my left handed taste. Never saw Sub Moa but had all in a palm of hand pattern. It won’t replace my 308 TRG nor does it even get close to the 26” varmint wgt Remington SPS. It’s an innovative rifle with a great trigger but a chore to shoot for groups off bags on a bench. It will probably improve with break in but I’d suspect I’ll have to hand load and tune to get decent groups. Bolt is a little bit of a chore left handed.

After over 1 month of break in & cleaning I can say that this model rifle has a number of flaws some serious. It has a safety issue with the “round bolt”! I had the bolt shroud, & firing pin assembly come out in my hand while it was in the receiver. My remedy is return it to Mauser who I discovered has its Warranty Center on E Ramsey in San Antonio which is about 50 miles from me but only a mile from one of my suppliers. I gave a month of my time which I cannot afford and tied up about $1200 of my money which is all 100% my fault for trusting the articles and mfg re this weapon.