• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Accuracy International 223 conversion working

IMG_0406.jpeg

weve received all the bolts we had on order, took at least 2 years, these bolts are all gone. With the bolt availability and the fiddle-fucking around we need to do with each and every system, were probably gonna let it run its course and retire it. Im not planning on doing another run of heads and Ive got 3 or 4 more left- thats it. So I could do a few more with customer provided bolts, but as mentioned- good luck finding the bolts. For the guys who run it properly, its a good system and works. For the guys who are trying to run at 22-250 speeds, piercing primers, and breaking extractors, its less desirable

weve received all the bolts we had on order, took at least 2 years, these bolts are all gone. With the bolt availability and the fiddle-fucking around we need to do with each and every system, were probably gonna let it run its course and retire it. Im not planning on doing another run of heads and Ive got 3 or 4 more left- thats it. So I could do a few more with customer provided bolts, but as mentioned- good luck finding the bolts. For the guys who run it properly, its a good system and works. For the guys who are trying to run at 22-250 speeds, piercing primers, and breaking extractors, its less desirable
This is a dumb question. I assume the 223 conversion is reversible (by the user) back to the 308 bolt head…but since I’ve never had my post-14 AT bolt apart, I figured I’d ask. I do have an extra bolt.

It is completely reversible. Remove the SFP fire control and punch (3) roll pins to change the bolt head. Removal and reinstallation of the pins is straightforward but it has its pitfalls. You can get a pin cross-stuck in the bore of the bolt, and the pins need to be re-installed at a very specific depth. Too shallow and the bolt wont go in the action, too deep and features on the firing pin can strike or drag the cross pins. they are metric roll pins and can be removed/reinstalled 2 or 3 times before they need to be replaced

Reactions: carbonbased
It is completely reversible. Remove the SFP fire control and punch (3) roll pins to change the bolt head. Removal and reinstallation of the pins is straightforward but it has its pitfalls. You can get a pin cross-stuck in the bore of the bolt, and the pins need to be re-installed at a very specific depth. Too shallow and the bolt wont go in the action, too deep and features on the firing pin can strike or drag the cross pins. they are metric roll pins and can be removed/reinstalled 2 or 3 times before they need to be replaced
Are the bolt heads also epoxied in?