• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Accuracy International Picture Thread

You should make one to fit the AE MKiii. Then I won't need to remove my AT from it's chassis. ?

@Tree Anything is possible, the AE might be easier than the AT just looking at pictures.

I've been following the AE in a Manners stock thread and know there is some interest.

If you or anyone else was legitimately interested, I would need an AE in hand for a couple weeks. It'd probably be best to wait until after the AT chassis gets machined so I can vet the design of that prior to committing to the AE. I'd also want some sort of commitment or commission, as the AT chassis is more a labor of love than a profit-making endeavor, and since I shoot LH the AE chassis doesn't have a huge draw for me personally unless I knew some people were on board.

Sam

@Tree Anything is possible, the AE might be easier than the AT just looking at pictures.

I've been following the AE in a Manners stock thread and know there is some interest.

If you or anyone else was legitimately interested, I would need an AE in hand for a couple weeks. It'd probably be best to wait until after the AT chassis gets machined so I can vet the design of that prior to committing to the AE. I'd also want some sort of commitment or commission, as the AT chassis is more a labor of love than a profit-making endeavor, and since I shoot LH the AE chassis doesn't have a huge draw for me personally unless I knew some people were on board.

Sam
I would be willing to send a donor action and chassis to be the model for this. It's currently stripped down right now anyway.

If you get enough interest and need one let me know.

I would be willing to send a donor action and chassis to be the model for this. It's currently stripped down right now anyway.

If you get enough interest and need one let me know.

One potential issue just looking at it again, is that the AE uses one skin panel for the rear buttstock, and one giant panel for the grips and forend. The AT and AX both use a separate grip panel from the forend. So there might need to be a sacrificial forend panel involved, or the design tweaked to use the AT/AX grip skins.

In any case, it is something I'd be willing to take a look at, maybe in a month or two.

Sam

Not entirely accurate in my opinion. I get pretty good primer flow back into my firing pin hole using factory ammo and extremely mild loads on my 6.5 Creedmoor. If I were to try using a hotter load on my AXMC I'd probably pierce a primer.

That is easily solved with protrusion adjustment. Ran all sorts of SRP and LRP in AW's (and a pre-2014 AX) for years. Not a single problem. Just takes a little knowing how to solve things.

I've even ran them out of an AXMC. Granted, not SRP, but LRP, yes. No issues.

Personally running SA cartridges in the AXMC is not that enjoyable. I've done it twice in fact, and that was enough. Not a problem with the rifle by any means, it's just by design. It's not designed to run that way. If they had adopted what Sako did and made it where the bolt stop could be reconfigured to provide a short throw I think it would be 90 percent there honestly. I'm a big proponent of "just because you can doesn't mean you should". I am also very fond of the phrase "to each his own".

Reactions: blbennett1288
@AIAW That makes sense. Though I have to disagree on the short action part not being enjoyable. I really haven't noticed the bolt throw difference up to this point. However I am going to be running a different gun this year for most matches but that has more to do with the overall performance of the AI under the current match rules and formats.

I did end up getting the SFP bolt which should solve my primer flow issue and allow me to switch over to SRP brass in the future.

Reactions: AIAW
@AIAW That makes sense. Though I have to disagree on the short action part not being enjoyable. I really haven't noticed the bolt throw difference up to this point. However I am going to be running a different gun this year for most matches but that has more to do with the overall performance of the AI under the current match rules and formats.

I did end up getting the SFP bolt which should solve my primer flow issue and allow me to switch over to SRP brass in the future.

Yeah, I might have been a little harsh on it actually. I attribute it to my lack of time behind it with SA cartridges honestly.

Ahhh I see, what are you thinking about going to?

Does anyone has a pic showing the AXMC magazine adapter for 308 and the mag? Does the adapter fully sits inside the magwell without showing anything?

The reason I am asking is that I got a AXMC in Dark Earth but I can only find adapter in Pale Brown. I am wondering whether any part of the adapter shows outside and does the color miss match looks strange.

Thanks ahead.

I’ve got a mag adapter in black on a Dark Earth rifle. Mine just came that way from the factory as I ordered the AXMC long action in .308. You can see the left hand side of the adapter where the mag cut out sits. I wouldn't worry about it though. I think it looks bad ass and breaks up the colour of the rifle a bit.....same with a black Spurh mount with the gun and a RAL8000 scope

Reactions: ironsight1000yard

I’ve noticed primer issues you’ve described and my bolt is currently at LRI getting bushed down and small firing pin treatments.

Yeah, I might have been a little harsh on it actually. I attribute it to my lack of time behind it with SA cartridges honestly.

Ahhh I see, what are you thinking about going to?

I'm kind of racking my brain. I'm going to finish off this season with 6.5 Creed and then make a decision.

Kind of have it narrowed down to 6.5 Creed, 6 Creed or 6GT depending on how things play out this year with it's release.

Got shipping notification today from mile high. My AT shipped. My 6.5cm barrel from PVA is at cerakote and my .25cm barrel will be their 1st .25cm barrel cut. Should be getting spun this week or next.

I'm kind of racking my brain. I'm going to finish off this season with 6.5 Creed and then make a decision.

Kind of have it narrowed down to 6.5 Creed, 6 Creed or 6GT depending on how things play out this year with it's release.

Oh yeah I remember your post about 6 GT now. Indeed looks pretty interesting if it delivers over the 6 CM.

What is the part number of the SFP?
Does EO also carry it?
I can not found any info with google.

"BL" at the end is for black, swap the last two letters for other colors. PB = pale brown, DE = flat dark earth, GR = sage green, ES = elite sand, etc.

"BL" at the end is for black, swap the last two letters for other colors. PB = pale brown, DE = flat dark earth, GR = sage green, ES = elite sand, etc.
Hmm, black is actually in stock but I need DE. Wonder it might even look better with Black? I have black mag adapter and mag.

That is easily solved with protrusion adjustment. Ran all sorts of SRP and LRP in AW's (and a pre-2014 AX) for years. Not a single problem. Just takes a little knowing how to solve things.

I've even ran them out of an AXMC. Granted, not SRP, but LRP, yes. No issues.

Personally running SA cartridges in the AXMC is not that enjoyable. I've done it twice in fact, and that was enough. Not a problem with the rifle by any means, it's just by design. It's not designed to run that way. If they had adopted what Sako did and made it where the bolt stop could be reconfigured to provide a short throw I think it would be 90 percent there honestly. I'm a big proponent of "just because you can doesn't mean you should". I am also very fond of the phrase "to each his own".
What is your firing pin protrusion on your AI’s? I have a 2014 AX with LFP and it seems to crater pretty much everything. I’ve never thought much of it cause it’s never pierced or blown primers but if I can get it close to out that would be great! Lol. I just watched a full disassembly video and realized it’s a pretty easy adjustment. Tomorrow I’ll have to check to see what it’s currently set at and wait to hear back from you!

What is your firing pin protrusion on your AI’s? I have a 2014 AX with LFP and it seems to crater pretty much everything. I’ve never thought much of it cause it’s never pierced or blown primers but if I can get it close to out that would be great! Lol. I just watched a full disassembly video and realized it’s a pretty easy adjustment. Tomorrow I’ll have to check to see what it’s currently set at and wait to hear back from you!

Looks like across an AW, AXSA and two AXMC's the protrusion varies. All within spec though.

AW - .055"
AXSA SFP - .046"
AXMC A - .052"
AXMC B - .055"

I have to give @RoterJager credit though as his post above does have a good bit of validity to it. Some people still experience issues after adjusting protrusion, so the SFP does indeed have a place. Obviously getting it too short is a reliability issue.

Helpful hint: Half a turn on the firing pin will adjust the protrusion by .010 - 0.012.

So, I’ve had and issue with the skins being too thick for my small hands to comfortably float my thumb. And with sam’s thumbrest (which is awesome in general), it makes it even thicker.

Feels like my thumb is being pushed out to the side away from the rifle.

I had pretty much decided I was just going to wrap my finger as that works fine too.

Then I watched the ASR shot release where AI said they made that area thinner for that purpose.

So, I made mine thinner. Lol

This was a test/sacrificial skin. Next one I’ll draw out and dremel up smooth. It’s actually pretty comfy.

Just another idea for those of us with small hands. And it’s just a cheap skin if you screw it up.

Attachments

• BE5A01AF-7C98-4DDC-9B32-A002E7A29FA7.jpeg
    BE5A01AF-7C98-4DDC-9B32-A002E7A29FA7.jpeg
    323.1 KB · Views: 233
  • 2B6740FC-9734-45D0-9AD0-48B8D4F8CD86.jpeg
    2B6740FC-9734-45D0-9AD0-48B8D4F8CD86.jpeg
    360 KB · Views: 225
  • E766A718-ADE0-4342-89CA-673637CFC4FB.jpeg
    E766A718-ADE0-4342-89CA-673637CFC4FB.jpeg
    379.5 KB · Views: 223
Looks like across an AW, AXSA and two AXMC's the protrusion varies. All within spec though.

AW - .055"
AXSA SFP - .046"
AXMC A - .052"
AXMC B - .055"

I have to give @RoterJager credit though as his post above does have a good bit of validity to it. Some people still experience issues after adjusting protrusion, so the SFP does indeed have a place. Obviously getting it too short is a reliability issue.

Helpful hint: Half a turn on the firing pin will adjust the protrusion by .010 - 0.012.
Thank you sir! I’ll give it a look later tonight.

Why not just get the SFP bolt.
The wait might be very short. I ordered last one from EO online. For just a bit more $, you get the whole bolt assembly not just the bolt body and it is floated.

No interest in paying those prices for a bolt. And I will only shoot 308 out of it once and a while. Already have a barrel that's been sitting. Don't need it anytime soon, but for guys who need the SFP bolts and bought them and now will have an old LFP as redundancy, I'm sure some will be popping up for a good price. Have other 308s to shoot if I need to for now.

The AXSA trigger weight adjustment screw how far out can you go ? Does it have a stop or will the screw fall out.
Trying to lighten the second stage trigger pull.

If it’s the same as AT/AX factory trigger, you take the screw all the way out. The spring is contained inside the trigger.

You will be left with just enough tension to help reset the trigger after firing. It will add a little weight to the pull as well, still.

You can tweak the sear adjustment to get it down a little.

About 2lbs is as low as will go without any tension on spring.

To get to 1.5lb, you’ll have to take that front spring out.

This all could totally screw up your trigger if done wrong.

Also, removing that friend spring will leave your trigger “wobbly” and loose after it’s fired until you open the bolt, as theirs no spring tension to help reset immediately.

Reactions: whatsupdoc
If it’s the same as AT/AX factory trigger, you take the screw all the way out. The spring is contained inside the trigger.

You will be left with just enough tension to help reset the trigger after firing. It will add a little weight to the pull as well, still.

You can tweak the sear adjustment to get it down a little.

About 2lbs is as low as will go without any tension on spring.

To get to 1.5lb, you’ll have to take that front spring out.

This all could totally screw up your trigger if done wrong.

Also, removing that friend spring will leave your trigger “wobbly” and loose after it’s fired until you open the bolt, as theirs no spring tension to help reset immediately.

So you can take the screw and spring out and be done, or do u have to adjust the sear? I vote for Dthomas to make a video!

Well..... she shoots. The 168gr fgmm seems to do all right. Need some higher rings though. Both of my gen II razors wont be here for a while so this will do until then. The 6.5 and .25 creedmoor barrels should be here in a week.
20190321_185325.jpg
received_163267744575176.jpeg
received_408029453089283.jpeg
received_1911459058964090.jpeg

Edit: these 3 groups were rounds 5-14 down the tube.

THANKS MIKE AND MIKE HIGH!!!