• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes ACOG OR EOTECH for CQB?

Re: ACOG OR EOTECH for CQB?

I prefer the eotech, and mostly because of what thesmokerolls already mentions

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eotech for CQB in my opinion. You can add or even get a 3x or a 4X flip to side magnifier that flips out of the way that way you have your perfection at CQB distances and then your extended range whenever you need it. You do not have to get your head ligned up perfectly for the Eotech to work. if you look thru the center of the eotech at 2" or 3+ feet it still performs flawlessly....</div></div>

With the eotech even the "poor shooters" in my old agency were able to make good hits at 100 yards with the gun without the magnifier.

emailLogo.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This might have been mentioned...
I have found it easier to be precise with the eotech than with the aimpoint. You can turn the power down really low and you have a nice tiny dot.
I'm sure this isn't an issue with minute of man type shooting but for target shooting it is. </div></div> I've actually found the opposite to be true, using my Aimpoint Comp M3L with a 2moa dot, but my EoTech experience is limited. I tried two different ones out a few years ago, didn't like the button controls, and never looked back. The Aimpoint dot gets pretty tiny when powered down for zeroing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pilotguy299</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With the eotech even the "poor shooters" in my old agency were able to make good hits at 100 yards with the gun without the magnifier.

</div></div>

I have seen this also.

BMT

When it comes to shooting running deer at 25-75 yards, I feel like I shoot much faster when I set the scope to 1.5-2X than I do when I set the scope closer to 1X and ten times faster than open sights. Of course that may be apples to oranges but I thought I'd put in my two cents.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CHEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The point of aim changes as you shift your angle of view without moving the weapon. </div></div>

That statement is not completely true"unless you are using a cheap Ebay clone" I have both an Eotech 552 and an Aimpoint two CompM3s, I have tested this myself with the rifle in a vise!!

Both the Eotech and Aimpoint have the same poi alignment as each other unless you are within 10 feet, in that case if you are that close, you shouldnt be using the sight anyways!

I own both, the Eotech and Aimpoint, both are great, one is not better then the other overall.

The Aimpoint has WAY better battery life then the Eotech and has alot cleaner DOT which I find better for targets up to 300 yards.

The Eotech I like a little better for fast targeting within 50 yards.

Durability wise, both are great, think the Aimpoint is a little better for day after day wear while the Eotech has a little better recoil durability.

Jesus christ. If you can't shoot with either an eotech or an aimpoint you don't belong behind the trigger to begin with.

All these opinions are nice for the aimpoint. I've just seen too many go down when they were needed. Including my own.

Eotechs--Seen too many down to remember.

Aimpoints-- Still have yet to see one go down.

Aimpoints and Eotechs are the way to go for CQB applications. I like the ACOG but for me, I'd use it as a perimeter rifle. When I'm looking through the ACOG, my field of view sucks compared to the other two...