• Frank's Lesson's Contest

We want to see your skills! Post a video between now and November 1st showing what you've learned from Frank's lessons and 3 people will be selected to win a free shirt. Good luck everyone!

Create a channel Learn more
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

B5 Precision Buttstock

elmuzzlebreak

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2018
Has anyone heard news on this?

This is all I’ve found so far

Features:
– Internal Tensioners optimize fit for Carbine or AR10 Reciever Extensions
– Limited rotation, steel, ambidextrous Quick Disconnect sling mount
– Two ambidextrous fixed sling mounts
– Nose shortened allowing for single-point sling use while stock is collapsed
– Adjustable buttons and cheekpiece
– Quick thread precise adjustment
– M-Lok attachment system
– Length: 8.5-9.2 in
– Height: 4.35-4.78 in
– Weight: 20.65 oz

I see this as a good stock for a Mk12 style rifle. The LOP is 9-13.5. That means for the majority of us it will be at full or near full extension. Compare to the magpul however which starts at like 13” or so

The quick LOP adjustment is nice as is the ~8 oz weight reduction compared to the 3rd gen Magpul PRS. If the RE tension adjustment works well then it might be worth a try.

I can't put my finger on it but something about it seems off. It just looks ugly and I'm not sure why. Too bad as I've been waiting for a stock with these specs for a long time.

Reactions: Boxorox
B5 has been claiming it'll be cheaper, but then said street price is like $230, so it's actually more than what you can typically buy the Prs for. It's kinda ugly, but I'll buy one just for the color (coyote brown)

Maybe I'm weird by the original lmt/b5 sopmod is what I run on precision ARs and the Bravo stock on everything else. You just don't need that level of adjustment for a platform you run and gun.

Reactions: plong
Agreed; B5 SOPMOD with BI SAPR on on the heavier of my two large-frame gassers (love this combo, but it is heavy...); SOPMOD alone on the LW.

The LOP is 9-13.5. That means for the majority of us it will be at full or near full extension. Compare to the magpul however which starts at like 13” or so

That's not what I'm getting from that graphic along with this one:

B5_precision_stock_09.jpg

Looks to me like the bare stock itself measures 8.5" all collapsed, up to 9.2" with the pad extended. To that you need to add about 3" for trigger to end of receiver for length of pull measurement. So I'm getting about 12" to a whopping 16.25" for LOP.

That's not what I'm getting from that graphic along with this one:

B5_precision_stock_09.jpg

Looks to me like the bare stock itself measures 8.5" all collapsed, up to 9.2" with the pad extended. To that you need to add about 3" for trigger to end of receiver for length of pull measurement. So I'm getting about 12" to a whopping 16.25" for LOP.
Agreed

Reactions: adamjma
They are cool looking with a nice feature set. I would pick one of these up over a Magpul PRS as long as they obviously work well. I have PRS stocks and they are nice but kind of bulky. The shortened LOP is a nice feature.

Victory First seems to have them in stock. Not sure what their shipping time frames are.

Victory First seems to have them in stock. Not sure what their shipping time frames are.

I just ordered one for a build I am putting together shortly so we will see what the timeline is for shipping soon.

Find out anything on timing?

Showed up to my door today. I am waiting on my FFL to get the reciever set in for me so it won't be mounted for a bit. Threw it on a buffer tube and it seems solid.

Attachments

• 20191221_174325.jpg
    20191221_174325.jpg
    574.7 KB · Views: 235
  • 20191221_173410.jpg
    20191221_173410.jpg
    539.4 KB · Views: 210
  • 20191221_173350.jpg
    20191221_173350.jpg
    585.3 KB · Views: 251
Showed up to my door today. I am waiting on my FFL to get the reciever set in for me so it won't be mounted for a bit. Threw it on a buffer tube and it seems solid.

Nice, how much wobble is there when u extend it out? I am wondering how it compares to a magpul that has the cam lock lever like the acs, ctr ex.

Nice, how much wobble is there when u extend it out? I am wondering how it compares to a magpul that has the cam lock lever like the acs, ctr ex.

There isn't much wobble thanks to the tension system they use, however the farther you extend the stock the more wobble there is. I think all of the small wobble will get taken up when you shoulder the rifle and apply pressure. Once I get the rifle all set up and play with it I think a possible solution if I find that I have the LOP set out farther on the tube would be to swap out my carbine buffer tube to a A5 to get a little more length and hopefully less wobble farther out.

There isn't much wobble thanks to the tension system they use, however the farther you extend the stock the more wobble there is. I think all of the small wobble will get taken up when you shoulder the rifle and apply pressure. Once I get the rifle all set up and play with it I think a possible solution if I find that I have the LOP set out farther on the tube would be to swap out my carbine buffer tube to a A5 to get a little more length and hopefully less wobble farther out.
Awesome. Definitely post once it's together. Victory is already out of stock for all models. . . I just wonder why they have it but B5 doesnt even have it on their website. Oh well.

I still can’t find one of these stocks, and I’ve been looking for months. Anyone have any leads? Everywhere I look is out of stock minus one retailer that wants $400+.

I still can’t find one of these stocks, and I’ve been looking for months. Anyone have any leads? Everywhere I look is out of stock minus one retailer that wants $400+.
There was one in the PX not to long ago.

ETA......looks like it’s still available unless not updated

Thanks for the heads up man. I’ll jump in and see if it’s still available.

Just FYI I believe that they make two different versions - a 5.56 version and a 7.62 version - from what I can tell, the only difference is the length of the adjustable comb on the stock to accommodate a charging handle...