Bergara sucks ass, buyer beware.

Bergera seems to be pretty decent firearms. But I agree, we have gone a Long Way from Bergara’s.

I agree its time for it to Die!

IMG_1832.jpeg

Well, this crazy thread has me all messed up now. I was looking at buying a bergara hmr, but I might have to just go with a savage. I’m a poor and that’s about the extent of what my 5 kids will allow me to afford. Either way, I won’t tell any of you which I buy lest I get banned…🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Makinchips208
Well actually I did, but only for my own use. Laid a few slabs, nothing pretty but they worked just fine. As far as I know, at least one is still there, even thought the barn and horse breaking pen are long gone.

Now for the rest of the story. Brenda and I purchased a briar patch with a sorta house and an all but useless barn on 3 acres for $3250.00 in December 1973. After several years work, buying more land and continuing to improve it down through the years, we made it a pretty decent place. Nothing to brag about but nothing to be terribly ashamed of either (except for my barn, which was really bad, but it worked and the horses we stabled in it and trained won a dump truck load of trophy’s and ribbons)

Creosote boards and posts, square and round were quite common back then, lasted quite a while, were a decent color, did not have to be painted and generally were good material to build rail fences. I fenced in the home, made a breaking pen, generally put the stuff everywhere. However, I needed a wash rack and putting one in the barn was not going to work. So, I put one off of the breaking pen. poured my own concrete pad, fenced it in but used crossties instead of creosoted 4x4’s.

Got nice siding on the house, got the inside fixed up, insulated, put in a good wood stove, got nice shrubs planted around the house, cleaned up all the underbrush, fenced it in with the above mentioned 4x4’s and 1x6 rail fences. Looked pretty nice.

But alas, we came to the realization that our son‘s asthma would not tolerate being on a horse farm, and we were losing something north of $500.00 a month each month, after our customers (what few they were) paid us. Since our income was simply not that good especially considering what we were paid in the late 1980’s/early 1990’s, it was time to move on in our life.

So, we sold the farm and built a little cottage on a lake. :D.

Subsequent owners treated it like it originally was, a shack. Brenda and I visited it about 10 years ago. Living therewas the 4th or 5th owner of it since we sold it in 1992. Seeing the condition of the place, Brenda said, she never ever even wanted to ride down Highway 151 again, much less go back to visit our old homeplace.

Finally, been on the lake for 30 years now, not gonna leave, even though it’s right at 100 miles from Howard Prince Memorial range, the best range in North Louisiana.

Oh, I‘ve done a bit more concrete since then, but nothing to brag about, that is for sure.

Now, I’m gonna call it a night, before I really make someone mad with my stupid humor.
Since no one wants this to die, I have to reminisce. Reading what I wrote about our little place has gotten me felling a bit sad. I really miss working on that little place, trying to fix it up. We ran a few cows on it and they loved to get in the yard and climb up on the front porch. That whole place was a mess. The people who owned it were lovers of wine and hot peppers. Bet we hauled off at least four or five truckloads of empty wine bottles and bottles of somewhat suspect homemade hot peppers. Ever see a homemade bush hog? Its one thing I wish I had kept. A real conversation piece. Took me years to finally, totally dispatch the homemade travel trailer. bet that man used four kegs of nails. had wooden stringers everywhere and nails were placed two or more to an inch.

Cut our first Christmas tree off that place. Lasted less than a day. This siamese cat Brenda was gifted as a wedding present took it right down. that cat was never worth much, but she did drop a load of kittens, one of which survived the bout of distemper that killed the entire rest of the bunch including the mother. That little surviving cat went to college. She would get on my shoulder and read along and study along with me as I struggled to get a degree while working full time, 7 days a week.

We got an old Ford half ton pickup. three on the tree. 240 six. It was a truck and it had a bed but not exactly a farm truck First day I took ti to the farm, I got it stuck and got it loose by using a piece of corrugated tin.

It really needed a cross fence. So, I built a 5strand barbed wire fence. Looked great, taunt. Farmer Ward of French Camp (who taught me to build fences) would have been proud. I felt it pretty much could hold anything. Damn cow ran right though it the next day.

Worked it and worked it and finally made it a somewhat decent looking place. But the original builder (who built the little house sometimes in the 1930's, used green oak, the house had 7 foot ceilings and the man did not have a clue what a level and plumb bob were for. Every angle was wrong. Nothing except the outside dimensions were square. it was a mess. But we were young and it was ours.

Three thousand, two hundred and fifty dollars it cost. We spent almost that much last week just getting a bit of floor repaired in our back bathroom when a commode had leaked.

Getting old has its benefits, but I do miss the good times and even the travails of our youth.

Last edited:
Wat?!?! That's craziness!!

I've dry fired dozens of Wilsons, a few of them with Bill Wilson standing right next to me.

5DrIFXz.jpg

The yellow one is my wifes.
To be fair, I’ve not heard Bill say that, but I’ve seen video of Ken hackamore saying it. Also, those dumb kids that work for Wilson. If a modern gun can’t handle dry firing it deserves to break

Well, this crazy thread has me all messed up now. I was looking at buying a bergara hmr, but I might have to just go with a savage. I’m a poor and that’s about the extent of what my 5 kids will allow me to afford. Either way, I won’t tell any of you which I buy lest I get banned…🤣
2ish maybe 3 months ago I picked up a hmr barreled action on a whim. dropped it in a KRG Bravo chassis I had laying around, with the idea for a varmint gun to live in my side by side for use around my property.

well, thing is, its surprising the hell outta me. feeds and extracts 100% perfectly for me so far with stock and L3I mags (just short of 800 suppressed rounds right now).

I'm super stoked with the accuracy, still trying different ammo, but as of now, I'm very happy. I have turned the corner with it and shooting a lot off the tripod and bench, thinking of adding some upgrade parts for next summer and taking it to some shoots.

I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up for your kids.

Reactions: LuckyLuke80
Hey, perfect is just 5 times more perfect now. Wilson combat says I can’t dry fire a 1911 or 2011 so I’ll stick with Glock.
that's the beauty of a Glock, you can just run to the local hardware store and buy the cheapest staple gun they have, and practice your dry fire with it, its the perfect approximation of the Glock perfection trigger, and you dont put any wear and tear on your perfection!