• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Chick-fil-A No. 1? And What the Hell is a "Canes," Anyway?

Veer_G

Beware of the Dildópony!
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
Dnp_Qx_Rp_W0_AA607k.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2...tudy-that-named-in-n-out-states-favorite.html

IN-and-out came to Texas a few years ago and if you watched the news you would think it was Jesus coming to take the righteous to heaven. IN-and-out is nothing special and I would go to WhatABurger well before IN-and-out.

The only thing Canes has going is their dipping sauce, which is needed because their chicken is mediocre at best.

I'm really surprised in-n-out won in Texas. There aren't that many of them here. Maybe the poll was conducted in an area that has a lot? They are new to Texas, so I understand the appeal of something new. I just doubt that more than half of Texans have even eaten there.

Yeah, I actually ate at one a few months back. Nobody actually FROM Texas would have voted that #1. Not even in the top ten here. Canes would actually be way ahead on that one.

Canes sucks ass. It’s new so everyone is jumping in. In-n-out kicks it’s ass all day every day. I bet money that in n out also outsells canes on the their slowest day of the year.

Canes sucks ass. It’s new so everyone is jumping in. In-n-out kicks it’s ass all day every day. I bet money that in n out also outsells canes on the their slowest day of the year.

Yeah..... you’d be wrong.
Raising Canes- 400+ locations, estimated $1 billion in 2017
In and Out- 335 locations, estimated $575 million in 2017

And it’s been around since 1996. Maybe not as old as In and Out, but far from new.

C’mon Texas, y’all chose In-n-Out? I never thought their food was anything special. Whataburger either. I’m lost here. I’ll confess to not eating much fast food, but what happened to Del Taco? If you’re going to eat some fattening shit, go for the gusto w/ a Macho Combo burrito & deluxe chili-cheese fries.

There's two Chick Fil A restaurants in the entire state of Wyoming, they're both in Cheyenne and about a mile apart from each other. How in the fuck did it get first?

And who the hell puts pickles on a fried chicken sandwich? That shit's dumb as fuck.

Seriously doubt. Spent most of 2014-16 in South Dakota. Seemed like first Popeyes came to Sioux Falls during that time so hard to believe it's the most popular in the state (although half the state's population does live in SF). Plenty of Culver's though.

Yeah..... you’d be wrong.
Raising Canes- 400+ locations, estimated $1 billion in 2017
In and Out- 335 locations, estimated $575 million in 2017

And it’s been around since 1996. Maybe not as old as In and Out, but far from new.

Well damn. Good for them making that kind of money off shit quality food. I’ve only ever seen 2 or 3 of them. Tried it once and said fuck that.

The reason Chick-fil-A is my top pick is because of more than just the food. The biggest factor is service. I have never gotten bad service at CFA. In fact, excellent service is the norm, but they have never fallen below "good". Even when there is a huge line, they get you through fast. The restaurants are clean, and so are the playgrounds (I've got 5 kids, 4 of them playground age). The atmosphere is not bad either. I'd say for me, the food only accounts for 40% of my opinion.

I had to look up how they came to their conclusions. It's about as bullshit of methodology as it gets... https://www.businessinsider.com/best-fast-food-chain-in-every-state-chick-fil-a-2017-10

To determine the most popular fast-food chain in each state, Foursquare looked at which chains received the most visits on average per location in every state based on the total number of visits to each chain divided by the number of locations in that state.

For California and Texas, there are only a handful of locations for the respective chains. However, the people who visit those locations tend to visit a lot.

I had to look up how they came to their conclusions. It's about as bullshit of methodology as it gets... https://www.businessinsider.com/best-fast-food-chain-in-every-state-chick-fil-a-2017-10

To determine the most popular fast-food chain in each state, Foursquare looked at which chains received the most visits on average per location in every state based on the total number of visits to each chain divided by the number of locations in that state.

For California and Texas, there are only a handful of locations for the respective chains. However, the people who visit those locations tend to visit a lot.

That makes a lot of sense on how they came to those conclutions. Four square is an app for downzy hipsters and none of them want to brag about going to mcdonalds even though they have 39Billion in annual revenue

Who ever dreams these polls up are full of shit. I am from Illinois and there are not that many Chic-fil-a's in the state especially south of I-80 and most are in malls. I sure as hell don't drive to a mall to eat. Most Wisconsinite's are loyal Culver fanatics. And in Texas, Whataburger is almost a state shrine. Myself if I gotta eat fast food, it would be Wendy's

It’s way off. For starters canes #1 in Cali and In n out in Texas I know is wrong. Texas would be split between chick fillet and whataburger and there are only a few canes in Cali so I don’t know where they got there intel but it’s way off

I am not surprised at Chik-fil-a being listed as #1 in the South.
You can drive by any one of them at lunch time (or pretty much whenever) and you'd think they were giving out $2 handjobs.....the lines are wrapped around the building.

I've never understood it. I don't think their chicken is that good.

I had to look up the locations in CA and they are pretty much all south of Los Angeles, mostly in the sticks/desert areas.

Vt only picked Wendys because we have something like 1... and it burned down. Then everyone whined. So they built another. And its trendy again. Cant make this up.

No love for Hooters? Or Jack in the Box?

Cheers. Sirhr

What I find amazing is that you have an honest-to-God A&W Root Beer Drive-In restaurant. It almost forgives your collection of Ewok hamlets masquerading as a state for the fact that you can't get hot sauce for Breakfast Burritos at your damned McDonald's.

Reactions: BigdaddyWSM
What I find amazing is that you have an honest-to-God A&W Root Beer Drive-In restaurant. It almost forgives your collection of Ewok hamlets masquerading as a state for the fact that you can't get hot sauce for Breakfast Burritos at your damned McDonald's.
We have a fair amount of the A&Ws out west too, they have awesome burgers and of course, the root beer floats are second to none there.

Reactions: BigdaddyWSM
Whataburger must not have been an option for the vote. Cause in and out is NOT a favorite by Texans.

Canes is far more popular in Texas than In-an out...

In and out is a joke, only place it is popular is the towns with lots of Cali transplants

Last edited:
Reactions: Stevo86
Raisin' Cane's chicken is disgusting and tastes like grease that hasn't been changed in months. No wonder the commiefucktards in Californiastan love it so much.

Bahhahah your taste buds are just fucked dude... The fastest growing chicken place there is. Your local manager must be terrible. Canes is ALMOST the best chicken fingers place. Almost... Laynes in college station is better

Surprised jollieebee didn't win Texas with the critera used to "pick". There is only one location

I think there are like 4 in and outs... That's why they "won" if it was an actual VOTE in and out wouldn't make top 10

Canes has good chicken but I detest their sauce. No way In and Out beats out Whataburger in Texas for popularity. There’s like three In and Outs in the State, and a Whataburger in every city, town, village, and hamlet. In and out is good, maybe better than Whataburger, but I wouldn’t drive past the latter to try to find the former...