• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does anyone have a blueprint showing the location of the side mount iron sight holes for the Rem 700?

SingleshotFredd

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2023
U.S.A
Once upon a time Remington sold their 700s with two holes drilled and tapped into the side of the action to allow customers to mount peep sights.

I'm hoping to find a print showing the locations and dimensions of these holes so that I can have them installed on other Rem 700 footprint actions.

I know it's a total shot in the dark here but nothing ventured nothing gained and all that.

Last edited:
1719499218354.png

I'm not a machinist or engineer so I wasn't quite sure.
I mean, one would assume there is a bit of the knowledge if asking for the dimension. From what I can tell in the image, 3.629-3.631" center line from the rear scope screw, and .604-.606" center line spacing between the two, 90 degree over. Looks to match up with rear sight pad threaded holes.

I mean, one would assume there is a bit of the knowledge if asking for the dimension. From what I can tell in the image, 3.629-3.631" center line from the rear scope screw, and .604-.606" center line spacing between the two, 90 degree over. Looks to match up with rear sight pad threaded holes.
Well for a $1500 action I'd like it to be right but I suppose I'll just have to roll the dice and hope for the best.

Well for a $1500 action I'd like it to be right but I suppose I'll just have to roll the dice and hope for the best.
Who’s doing the actual work, you or a gunsmith? If you were planning on doing it and cannot read a print, you’re in way over your head. Take the print and the actions to a competent gunsmith or even any competent machinist.

If you do it yourself, you truly better hope for the best.

Who’s doing the actual work, you or a gunsmith? If you were planning on doing it and cannot read a print, you’re in way over your head. Take the print and the actions to a competent gunsmith or even any competent machinist.

If you do it yourself, you truly better hope for the best.
With any luck it'll be done by the action maker before it leaves the building.

And how does that help me? I see no dimensions saying it's x amount of thousandths from this position or that positiin.

I looked at the drawing for about twelve seconds.
The side holes are along the centerline.
Front to back they are even with the rear scope mount holes on the top.

Seems pretty simple.

ETA: fixed the auto-incorrect

Last edited:
I looked at the drawing for about twelve seconds.
The side holes are along the centerline.
Front to back they are even with the rear scope mount hooked on the top.

Seems pretty simple.
Asks for blueprints with dimensions, gets them and doesn’t know how to read blueprints lol.

What

The

Fuck

I'm not a machinist or engineer so I wasn't quite sure.
So you were asking for something that you have no concept of?
Someone could have posted a picture of a blue #4 Uno card and you would have been just as happy?

With any luck it'll be done by the action maker before it leaves the building.
Any shop that is in the business of manufacturing a usable rifle action would be quite pleased to have a dimensional drawing as detailed as the print that @JLPTG freely and accurately supplied to you if they didn't already have access to it.

So you were asking for something that you have no concept of?
Someone could have posted a picture of a blue #4 Uno card and you would have been just as happy?

Any shop that is in the business of manufacturing a usable rifle action would be quite pleased to have a dimensional drawing as detailed as the print that @JLPTG freely and accurately supplied to you if they didn't already have access to it.
Are you a professional asshole or just a gifted amateur?

Hey, do you have the actual sight base in hand? Why aren't you taking the measurements off of that?

Are you a professional asshole or just a gifted amateur?
Both!

However even someone with zero firearm expertise can see that you clearly asked for something very specific and not easily available. You promptly received what you asked for and then had no clue what you were looking at which begs us to ponder what the hell you wanted in the first place and why did you ask...

Thanks. I'll be sure to avoid his janky ass garbage.
You will most certainly be doing me a huge fucking favor.
Doing business with you would be like sex with a crack whore hooker.
There would be nasty shit for me to deal with waaay after the initial transaction.

You really should take your money and business to Tactical Rifles.net.

You will most certainly be doing me a huge fucking favor.
Doing business with you would be like sex with a crack whore hooker.
There would be nasty shit for me to deal with waaay after the initial transaction.

You really should take your money and business to Tactical Rifles.net.
Nope. I'm taking my business to Zermatt.

If I bought one of yours I'd have to send it back a dozen times so you can fix all your mistakes. Maybe you should stop drinking while building rifles?

Zermatt and the people there are some of the best in the business. They are great people and they make great products.

What did they ever do to you?
That's exactly why I'm buying their product. I don't have to worry about it needing to be sent back for repairs like I would with you.

Assuming you could stop hitting the sauce long enough to even build a rifle you'd fuck it up even more from the withdrawal shakes.

I'm not normally an asshole and I'm easy to deal with. I just decided to make an exception in your case.

Nope. I'm taking my business to Zermatt.

If I bought one of yours I'd have to send it back a dozen times so you can fix all your mistakes. Maybe you should stop drinking while building rifles?
You’re a fucking asshole. You came here to ask an unusual question and immediately were provided with exactly what you asked for. But since you’re such an ungrateful dickhead, instead of appreciating the help you got and saying, oh I don’t know, “Thank you”, you decided to attack the very members that help you out.

You should go back to your mother’s basement where you came from and grow the fuck up.

So, . . . your responses to those trying to help you above was you NOT being an asshole?

I'm happy to assist bringing you out of your shell.
I'm just here to help.
It will be ok.
Most of my responses were not me being an asshole. They were simply me trying to understand exactly what I was seeing. I'm used to seeing exact dimensions for stuff and not having to resort to fucking guesswork.

Then you came in with your bullshit about how I was asking for something that I had no concept of. So fuck you.

In the bear pit? Nope. But this is a tech section.

You already got this answer in your thread on 6/15.

So not sure why you decided to post up again.

In the bear pit? Nope. But this is a tech section.

You already got this answer in your thread on 6/15.

So not sure why you decided to post up again.
I got the thread pitch size from that post but not the location of the holes.

There's a lot of room on the side of a receiver for two small holes and I want to make sure they're in the right spot.

Most of my responses were not me being an asshole. They were simply me trying to understand exactly what I was seeing. I'm used to seeing exact dimensions for stuff and not having to resort to fucking guesswork.

Then you came in with your bullshit about how I was asking for something that I had no concept of. So fuck you.
You mean you can’t read a fucking print. Face it, that’s your problem.

They were simply me trying to understand exactly what I was seeing. I'm used to seeing exact dimensions for stuff and not having to resort to fucking guesswork.
Holy shit!
The dim drawing provided to you has call outs that are noted to 3 places to the right of the decimal!
What the hell world do you live in where you are used to seeing dimensions more exact than that?

Then you came in with your bullshit about how I was asking for something that I had no concept of.
I am pretty damned smug right now in knowing that you once again just proved us correct.
By your statement above, you truly have no concept.
Nobody had to even drag it out of you or test you in any way. You just showed your ignorant bare ass to the whole internet without assistance.

That's exactly why I'm buying their product. I don't have to worry about it needing to be sent back for repairs like I would with you.

Assuming you could stop hitting the sauce long enough to even build a rifle you'd fuck it up even more from the withdrawal shakes.

I'm not normally an asshole and I'm easy to deal with. I just decided to make an exception in your case.
Your committing forum suicide

It would be wise to just walk away from the keyboard

I intend to have it profesionally done which is why I was trying to find a print with the dimensions.
So give the bases to the machinist and have him do the measurements. Whoever's doing the work will probably ask for the bases anyway to check fitment and to cut your screws to length.

U seem like a total asshole… I’d bet you’re normally an asshole.

So give the bases to the machinist and have him do the measurements. Whoever's doing the work will probably ask for the bases anyway to check fitment and to cut your screws to length.
I know that's a possibility but I thought if I could find the print I might could have it done in house as they're making the action. I'll do whatever I got to do though.