FBI Sniper Rifles

Which one of you gents was faster on the checkout this morning?

View attachment 8486720
Guilty!

I just ordered a BO M4 trigger guard this week for a future, undetermined build, and I’m waiting to pick up a 40X 7.62 Repeater. So, that may come together with this stock, we’ll see. T10 or T16 on Redfield base and rings for optic. I was hoping for an A4 or A5, but this morning’s were all M5 DBM. I’m stuck on a traditional vintage look for my Model 700 builds. I don’t want to expand into DBM.

I’m hoping to score an Urban Smear M3A w/ adjustable cheek for an LRB M14 with a stainless barrel I’ve got.

It's like all the old, "This vs. That" arguments about caliber. The 6.5 has plenty of energy to do what it needs as far as terminal performance. It doesn't really shine until well past the 'safety' range of law enforcement. The .308 works fine out to that range and some beyond. So changing to something that works better at a distance you can't use it to is pointless.
I agree with that, Sandwarrior. And the .308 Win. used their service-time to prove their efficiency as LE-Ammo in different places. Reading a comparison of this two calibers in a - good - guns-magazine was interesting, really. But in the end - what of the adavantage of the 6,5 Cr. is feasible ?..

I agree with that, Sandwarrior. And the .308 Win. used their service-time to prove their efficiency as LE-Ammo in different places. Reading a comparison of this two calibers in a - good - guns-magazine was interesting, really. But in the end - what of the adavantage of the 6,5 Cr. is feasible ?..
Exactly. Where the 6.5 Creedmoor has an advantage, it can't be used at.

Reactions: stanley_white
I have had this urban Camo stock since the late 80's early 90's if memory serves me correct.
It fits a Remington 700 action.
I stumbled upon this section as was wonderingbif this was the same stock used on the Remington FBI rifles.

Attachments

• 20240906_113826.jpg
    20240906_113826.jpg
    385 KB · Views: 55
  • 20240906_113844.jpg
    20240906_113844.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 20240906_113903.jpg
    20240906_113903.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 54
  • 20240906_113907.jpg
    20240906_113907.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 20240906_113914.jpg
    20240906_113914.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 55
Just ordered a HRT rifle from GA Precision. A few questions someone here can hopefully shed some light on:

Flash Hider
I originally wanted the long SF FA flash hider. But folks at GA Precision said recent batch of guns they sent to FBI has SOCOM flash hiders. And most operators don't run cans given it affects accuracy (otherwise 0.25 MOA which is insane).

I was first and foremost shocked to hear FBI still orders this gun. With that said, although I have no reason to doubt what GAP told us. But there is close to no reference pic of GAP FBI HRT rifle in the wild. I later found out even the one picture that gave me idea to run FA flash hider was from GAP themselves. A few reference pictures of FBI bolt guns that look alike (unsure if they are GAP rifles) do not have flash hiders.

Can anyone share some pictures of the GAP rifle, if there is any at all? I guess since my order is already placed, I'm getting a sick 0.25 MOA gun regardless and I can run my 762RC2 on it. But I am still very very curious.

Scope & Ring
What scope did the FBI run with this gun? I am under the impression that this gun is basically a ripped off M40A5. And there are FBI HRT marked M8541. I am thinking about just mark one of my M8541 FBI-HRT and run it on the gun. But again, cannot get concrete without many reference pictures.

Hopefully someone here can share some knowledge! Although I bought this gun as a 0.25 MOA 308 gun to shoot, would still be awesome to make it as clone correct as I can to add to my clone collection.

I’ll try to walk down the hill sometime this week and see what the deal is.

AFAIK, HRT hasn’t touched or used the GAP rifles in probably ten years. They never really used them because the bolts were tight and sticky. According to them…. They moved to Surgeon rifles pretty quickly after the purchase from GAP.

I am pretty sure they all had the FA762 brake on them. The ones I’ve fired did.

I also remember this rifle having Schmidt 4-16x50’s. I don’t know what the 3-12’s were on….probably OBR’s.

They’re shooting 6.5 Creedmoor out of several different platforms now. Mostly gassers.

I’ll try to walk down the hill sometime this week and see what the deal is.

AFAIK, HRT hasn’t touched or used the GAP rifles in probably ten years. They never really used them because the bolts were tight and sticky. According to them…. They moved to Surgeon rifles pretty quickly after the purchase from GAP.

I am pretty sure they all had the FA762 brake on them. The ones I’ve fired did.

I also remember this rifle having Schmidt 4-16x50’s. I don’t know what the 3-12’s were on….probably OBR’s.

They’re shooting 6.5 Creedmoor out of several different platforms now. Mostly gassers.

If it's 10 years ago, it's still possible for it to run SOCOM brake. But curious to see some pictures or more concrete info...

Were the guns you shot also in 6.5 instead of 308? I thought they ordered 308 guns from GAP...

If it's 10 years ago, it's still possible for it to run SOCOM brake. But curious to see some pictures or more concrete info...

Were the guns you shot also in 6.5 instead of 308? I thought they ordered 308 guns from GAP...
I’ve only seen the FA762 adapters and SiCo Omega suppressors on HRT sniper rifles. Obviously not on the same rifles…

The GAP guns were 308.

I won’t be posting pics from inside the HRT gun cage.

I’ve only seen the FA762 adapters and SiCo Omega suppressors on HRT sniper rifles. Obviously not on the same rifles…

The GAP guns were 308.

I won’t be posting pics from inside the HRT gun cage.
I see. Thanks for the reply!

I guess SiCo suppressors are correct, is it a Omega 300? I guess a SiCo brake would also be kosher? Or was it direct thread?