• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Suppressors Form 4 wait time

Re: Form 4 wait time

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rundm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My sbr and suppressor went pending 11/30/10. Examiner is Ferris. The lady that answered my questions said around 4 months. I hope it doesn't take that long. </div></div>

They all say that!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rundm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My sbr and suppressor went pending 11/30/10. Examiner is Ferris. The lady that answered my questions said around 4 months. I hope it doesn't take that long. </div></div>

They all say that! </div></div>

Yep. I just got a call today from my dealer and she had Ms. Snook on the phone. Last time I called the ATF they said they couldn't find my paperwork (previously it was pending) so I hoped it was approved. Sandra Snook said that it was indeed on her desk and in process, my dealer called to let me know I was still "pending"
frown.gif

It's been almost 3 months since the check was cashed, looks like I'll be in for a full 4 months this go-around.

I've been waiting since June. Seems they had to send my fingerprint cards to the FBI becasue FBI couldn't read the scan. That was end of Sept. Here it is almost January and still no joy.

I had one come back in TEN days. They must have been setting me up for later screwups.

Got my form one today in the mail, sent in sept 10, ck cashed sept 13, pending oct 13, approved dec 27, arrived dec 31 Frushour examiner; 104 days. have suppressor form 4 sent in the same time, haven't heard from dealer course it is new years eve! Prior 9 suupressors sent in earlier took approx 108-110 days , same examiner

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LOBL202</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. NFA Item: Suppressor (YHM 7.62)
2. Form Type: Form 4
3. Transferee Type: Trust
4. Forms Sent: 21 OCT 10
5. Forms Received: ???
6. Check Cleared: 28 OCT 10
7. Pending Date: NOV 19
8. Approved Date:<span style="color: #3333FF">09 DEC 2010</span>
9. Forms Received:<span style="color: #3333FF">31 DEC 2010 (picked up today)</span>
10. Transferror: S
11. Examiner Name: SHIPMAN
12. Notes: First NFA item.

I purchased two more.

This one ordered by my dealer
ordered 22 OCT
in my Dealer's hands 24 NOV
1. NFA Item: Suppressor SWR SPECTRE
4. Forms Sent: 01 DEC
5. Forms Received: 06 DEC
6. Check Cleared: 07 DEC (on-line bank "ATF NFA payment/withdrawal)
7. Pending Date:
8. Approved Date:
9. Forms Received:
11. Examiner Name:

this one purchased off Gunbroker from R & M Wasilla Alaska
Paid on-line 01 NOV
FORM 3 Faxed 01 NOV
Shipped 23 NOV (week of Thanksgiving )
At my Dealer 30 NOV
1. NFA Item: Suppressor Silencerco 45 Osprey
6. Check Cleared: 07 DEC
7. Pending Date:
8. Approved Date:
9. Forms Received:
11. Examiner Name:

</div></div>
UPDATE in BLUE

Well I got my 3 form 1s sent back today with an error sheet due to listing legenth as N/A. I knew it was a gamble but as usual, no go. Anyone have an idea of turnaround time once forms are corrected to get them approved? It took a little over 3.5 months to get this far.

usually 2 weeks once paper retuned;

Got my form 1 back 12/29, sent in 9/9, ck cashed 9/13 , pending 10/13 and approved 12/27 recieved 12/31; the form 4 same time in and cashed approved 12/29 and will pick up my oasis tomorrow and get my sbr laser engraved tomorrow
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LOBL202</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LOBL202</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. NFA Item: Suppressor (YHM 7.62)
8. Approved Date:<span style="color: #3333FF">09 DEC 2010</span>
9. Forms Received:<span style="color: #3333FF">31 DEC 2010 (picked up today)</span>

I purchased two more.

ordered 22 OCT
7. Pending Date: <span style="color: #3366FF">07 JAN 2011 </span>
8. Approved Date:
9. Forms Received:
11. Examiner Name: William Shipman

Paid on-line 01 NOV
FORM 3 Faxed 01 NOV
At my Dealer 30 NOV
7. Pending Date: <span style="color: #3366FF">07 JAN 2011 </span>
8. Approved Date:
9. Forms Received:

</div></div>
UPDATE in BLUE </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maccrazy2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I got my 3 form 1s sent back today with an error sheet due to listing legenth as N/A. I knew it was a gamble but as usual, no go. Anyone have an idea of turnaround time once forms are corrected to get them approved? It took a little over 3.5 months to get this far. </div></div>
I had a "hiccup" on one of mine too. I am at 5 weeks since returned and still waiting.

My latest came in this week and I picked it up yesterday. Waiting for SBR stamp to arrive now.

SWR Spectre
Mailed Sept 29, 2010
Stamp approved Jan 3, 2011

Took longer than usual but I'm sure the Holiday seasons slowed down the process.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maccrazy2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I got my 3 form 1s sent back today with an error sheet due to listing legenth as N/A. I knew it was a gamble but as usual, no go. Anyone have an idea of turnaround time once forms are corrected to get them approved? It took a little over 3.5 months to get this far. </div></div>
I had a "hiccup" on one of mine too. I am at 5 weeks since returned and still waiting. </div></div>
It seems mine got lost in the mail or something. I spoke with the examiner - Sarah Jones - on the phone and she was absolutely one of the nicest ladies I have ever dealt with. Even though I told her I knew she was overloaded and didn't want to take up a lot of her time, she took the time to explain how things were going there, what her current schedule was like, and what I would need to do to get this done. VERY, VERY NICE LADY!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maccrazy2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I got my 3 form 1s sent back today with an error sheet due to listing legenth as N/A. I knew it was a gamble but as usual, no go. Anyone have an idea of turnaround time once forms are corrected to get them approved? It took a little over 3.5 months to get this far. </div></div>
I had a "hiccup" on one of mine too. I am at 5 weeks since returned and still waiting. </div></div>
It seems mine got lost in the mail or something. I spoke with the examiner - Sarah Jones - on the phone and she was absolutely one of the nicest ladies I have ever dealt with. Even though I told her I knew she was overloaded and didn't want to take up a lot of her time, she took the time to explain how things were going there, what her current schedule was like, and what I would need to do to get this done. VERY, VERY NICE LADY! </div></div>

I'm glad you had a good experience.
I can't wait for my can!

I'm waiting on my can! Patience is not one of my best traits.

GROAN! Haven't heard anything since the forms were sent in in Oct... This waiting stuff SUCKS! I've got...3 things waiting to go through and should be ordering a 4th a soon. I just hope to get my stuff before 2012 at this point...

My paperwork for my suppressor was approved on Dec 29th. My dealer still hasn't received the stamp yet. My paperwork for the sbr sent in the same package and went pending the same date has still not been approved. ATF told me it is running around 4 months to get those back. Don't know how the post office could take so long to get something delivered to my dealer.

SBR Form 1
-Form 1 Package Mailed 10/04/2010
-Form 1 Recieved 10/08/2010
-Check Cashed: 10/19/2010
-Pending: 12/02/2010
-Error Detected 1/18/2011
-Recieved Forms to be corrected: 1/25/2011
-Package Re-Submitted: 1/27/2011
-Approved: 2/2/2011
-Examiner: Susanne SantaMaria
-Case Number: PL29110 (#49 written on top)
-Stamp Recieved: 2/7/2011
Very supprised at how long this is taking compared to all my other transfers & Form 1s.
All my others have taken almost exactly three months to process.
It is also the first time that they made a point to tell me that it could take up to 6 months.

FWIW,
This is also the first time that I have been assigned to this examiner.
All individual transfers / Form 1s not Trust or LLC.

Form 3 Suppressor
-Submitted on 5/8/2010
-Form 3 Cleared 5/21/2010
Form 4 Suppressor
-Package Mailed 5/28/2010
-Check Cashed: 6/15/2010
-Pending: 7/12/2010
-Finger Prints Submitted 8/16/2010
-Approved: 8/23/2010
-Examiner: William Shipman
-Case Number PL16503 (Number Thirty Handwitten on top of page)
-Stamp Recieved: 8/30/2010

Form 4 Suppressor
-Package Mailed 11/19/2009
-Check Cashed 11/24/2009 (Check Marked 8)
-Went Pending 12/16/2009
-Examiner Nancy Flanigan
-Case Number PP32703 (Number Eight Handwitten on top of page)
-Approved 2/10/2010
-Stamp Recieved 2/18/2010

Form 1 SBR
-Package Mailed 11/03/2009
-Check Cashed 11/20/2009 (Check marked M39)
-Went Pending 12/9/2009
-Examiner: William Shipman
-Case Number PL32301
-Approved 1/8/2010
-Stamp Recieved 1/23/2010

NFA Items: AAC Cyclone and M4/SPR
Form 4
Transfer Type: Trust
Forms Sent: 01/07/2010
Forms Received: 01/20/2010 (WTF, 13 days from MD to GA)
Check Cashed: TBD
Pending: TBD
Approved: TBD
Stamp Received: TBD
Examiner: TBD

OK, went pending 11/30/10 and approved 12/29/10. I believe I sent both of mine in on 11/09/10. I picked up the suppressor yesterday. Dealer said it wasn't mailed and then told me she had it for about 2 weeks but did not see it because it was stashed in with some other mail.
Still waiting on the sbr stamp. Went pending the same date but it is still not ready yet.

NFA Item: suppressor
Form Type: Form 4
Transfer Type: Individual
Forms Sent: ~10/15/2010
Check Cashed: unknown
Pending Date: 11/03/2010
Approved Date: 1/19/2010
Forms Received: 1/25/2010
Examiner Name: Sandra Snook
Dealer Initial:W

Pending 77 days; 102 days door-to-door.

I sent a Form 4 for a suppressor to a trust in earlier this month, check cashed 1/19/11. I called for an update today and the lady said it wasn't in the system and takes 60 days from day of check cash to go in the system. WTF? The whole transfer shouldn't take 60 days. Anyone gotten this line before?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rtr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent a Form 4 for a suppressor to a trust in earlier this month, check cashed 1/19/11. I called for an update today and the lady said it wasn't in the system and takes 60 days from day of check cash to go in the system. WTF? The whole transfer shouldn't take 60 days. Anyone gotten this line before? </div></div>

Don't know about that, my last two F4's were sent in on 11/06/10 went pending 11/30/10, thats only 24 days. Pretty sure its depended upon the examiner.

Updated:

NFA Items: AAC Cyclone and M4/SPR
Form 4
Forms Sent: 01/07/2011
Forms Received: 01/20/2011 (WTF, 13 days from MD to GA)
Check Cashed: 01/24/2011
Pending: TBD
Approved: TBD
Stamp Received: TBD
Examiner: TBD

NFA Items: LWRC 6.8 PSD
Form 4
Forms Sent: 11/13/2010
Pending: 1/3/2011
Examiner assigned: Not yet
Advice received on phone: "It can take up to 4 months from pending date to completion, call back early March to see if examiner has been assigned".

By the way, I bought the PSD December 2009, "mistake in order" was corrected and resent January 2010, Form 3 approved October 2010, rifle shipped to FFL November 2010. I've bought 2 other rifles since this started over one year ago!

FWIW. The guy at the atf I spoke with said it makes it easier for them to lookup where you are in the process if you use a serial with at least 2 letters and some numbers. Only because there are 60-70 in process at any given time with 001 thru 003 for the serial#. They can still look you up by name but he said it makes it easier on them.
Second was he asked when it was sent in. He said he gets tons of calls from people who mailed theirs in 10 days prior. On signature transfers it generally takes at least 3 months and there is not much point on calling prior to that. Trust approvals are faster. If there is an issue they will highlight what is missing on the form and include a form letter with the corresponding issue that needs correction highlighted or marked. It took 4 days from when mine went into error status untill the forms showed up at my house for correction.

1. NFA Item: Suppressor TBAC 30P-1
4. Forms Sent: Dec2010
5. Forms Received:
6. Check Cleared: 10 Jan 2011
7. Pending Date:
8. Approved Date:
9. Forms Received:
10. Transferror:
11. Examiner Name:

1. NFA Item: Suppressor (YHM 7.62)
8. Approved Date:09 DEC 2010
9. Forms Received:31 DEC 2010 (picked up today)

I purchased two more.

ordered 22 OCT
7. Pending Date: 07 JAN 2011
8. Approved Date: 24 JAN 2011
9. Forms Received:

Paid on-line 01 NOV
FORM 3 Faxed 01 NOV
At my Dealer 30 NOV
7. Pending Date: 07 JAN 2011
8. Approved Date: 24 JAN 2011
9. Forms Received:

Wells Custom Gunmakers Suppressor (.223)
Form 4 Trust
Sent: <span style="text-decoration: line-through">01</span> 07 Feb 2011
Check Cashed: 17 Feb 2011
Pending: 16 May 2011
Approved & Stamp Received:
Examiner: S. Snook

<span style="font-style: italic">Marker for later, with update</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Update: this one's probably going to take 6 months. The last one took 14 weeks from when it went pending to when it was in my hand. This time I'm already 90 days in before it even went pending.</span>

Sent form 4 12-6-10 received error letter dated 2-21-11 didn’t receive until 2-2-11 due to weather probably. Didn’t have CLEO’s title. They didn’t send back pass port photos is that normal? They didn’t say there was a problem with them it just said photos not returned. Santamaria is taking care of mine, it is my first and after everything I’ve read I wasn’t going to pace the floor waiting but seems pretty fast.

Jaws 338
Trust
13 weeks from check cash to approval
Check cashed end of Oct.
Ted Clutter was my old examiner. He got promoted so, I got the new girl. Don't have her name in front of me.

Since I can't seem to locate my post in here about the first can I applied for...

Wells Custom Gunmakers Suppressor (.300)
Form 4 Trust
Sent: 07 Sep 2010
Check Cashed: 27 Sep 2010
Pending: 02 Nov 2010
Approved: 11 Feb 2011
Stamp Received: 17 Feb 2011
Examiner: Snook

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jaws 338
Trust
13 weeks from check cash to approval
Check cashed end of Oct.
Ted Clutter was my old examiner. He got promoted so, I got the new girl. Don't have her name in front of me. </div></div>

Christina Farris