• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

tumblr_85fee7b997814fd97d4d9b4066fac729_eda989eb_1280.jpg
Cool looking car, don't recognize the make, what is it?

IMG_4919.jpeg

Oregon, 1939...

Caption

Young mother, aged twenty-two, has one little girl three years old. Merrill, Klamath County, Oregon. In mobile unit of FSA (Farm Security Administration) camp. New baby expected in December. During this year she has worked with her husband in: strawberries (Helvetia, Oregon); cherries (Salem, Oregon); beans (West Stayton, Oregon); hops (Independence, Oregon). Is now in potato pickers' camp at the end of that season. "We haven't got a cent now and we've lost our car because we've helped some people out. It seems like it's taken every cent to eat off, that and traveling around."

Source
Farm Security Administration

Fifty-one years ago, Herman James, a North Carolina mountain man, was drafted by the Army.
On his first day in basic training, the Army issued him a comb. That afternoon the Army barber sheared off all his hair.
On his second day, the Army issued Herman a toothbrush. That afternoon the Army dentist yanked seven of his teeth.
On the third day, the Army issued him a jock strap. The Army has been looking for Herman for 51 years

At one Army base, the annual trip to the rifle range had been canceled for the second year in a row, but the semi-annual physical fitness test was still on as planned. One soldier mused, “Does it bother anyone else that the Army doesn’t seem to care how well we can shoot, but they are extremely interested in how fast we can run?”

Any of you plane spotters recognize this? Looked distinctly military… but looks like a civ-style fuselage number. Small plane took off from commercial airport where I am waiting for inbound. Seems an odd configuration for a civilian sport plane.

View attachment 8235294

Sirhr
FWIW you can search for any US plane based on the tail.

My old plane N95265 comes back with this. Just type the tail in a google search.

1695727790311.png

You can also search for "pilots" just do airman search in google and it will take you to the FAA search. All you need is the last name.

Been a day or two for me. I do miss it, but shutter at the expense today. However if I hit the power ball my dream plane is in my future. Going to be a bit hard to win that, I only buy one ticket when the jackpot is like a billion or something crazy.
1695727800384.png

Attachments

• 1695727938686.png
    1695727938686.png
    46 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Apparently the ship only had 1" of armor plate. Some similar vessels had an additional 4.5 of belt armor, but not this one according to the description.
"This same account goes on to detail the damage to the warship — an eight-foot split in the side plating located around 8 feet above the waterline, and some minor distortion to panels on the hull."

Bet the pilot came out looking like he had ridden a Titanic adventure sub… wonder if that’s the pilot!

IMG_5986.jpeg

Meanwhile in the bridge… “I say, Captain. It seems we have a chink in our armour”.

Going to hell for that one… even if I did spell armor correctly for the quotational context.”

Sirhr

As much as I hate doing laundry, I'd love to use one of these!

Skip to 43:20 to see it actually being used.

You make me nerd out for a sec. Those Maytag engines are very popular around stationary engine/farm shows. There are a couple different versions.

I have the hots to get me one, just have not done it yet.....not sure why I want one, I guess the same reason people have airplane engines on static stands and trailers.

Captain.....Nothing to it old boy, he only nipped us....
Years ago, I lived for several months in Cambridge, UK. We haunted this pub called "The Library." Awesome beer and red hot curry at all hours of the night. We'd usually grab the 'snug' and a lot of patents were hatched in that room!

One early spring night, late, we walk outside and one of my UK Colleagues just out of the blue screams "Fooking Kamikaze!!"

I'm going... "What the hell was that for."

His response was "There's a bloody nip in the air, mate!"

I laughed all the way home...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Any of you plane spotters recognize this? Looked distinctly military… but looks like a civ-style fuselage number. Small plane took off from commercial airport where I am waiting for inbound. Seems an odd configuration for a civilian sport plane.

View attachment 8235294

Sirhr
Technam P2006
Twin engine trainer. Local flight school uses them to train commercial pilots from a certain communist country that we all know.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic