• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

All this talk about music is making me break out some great old stuff. Very much into good music! Couple pics of some audio gear that I have loved love to hear.

oioUFfh.jpg

LOC9crw.jpg

hPEVQxP.jpg

7k3TH6Y.jpg

Damn, and I thought I was dedicated…I just went down rabbit hole after rabbit hole last night watching videos on my iPad until after 4 AM! 😆

Reactions: BLEE
Peart was an absolute monster on the noise buckets (drums) and I've always liked his playing.
Buddy Rich was another, and Keith Moon....that boy could kick some skins hard.
But, I always liked Bonham the best because he played things that should not even be possible.
Say the Zep lads were playing a tune in 3-4 time, Bonham would be playing in 11-14 time, then change to 7-9 time, back to 11-14, then to 5-7.....and ALWAYS be spot on in time with the other guys when they stayed at 3-4 for the whole tune.
That kinda shit is not humanly possible.
I don't know of a single other musician of any instrument that has ever even attempted that.
You can look it up, dig into it as deeply as you want, he was the only one.

Here's another guitarist for ya.....playing Bach of all things.
Leo Kottke, seen him a few times, very impressive in person.

One of the old stories back when was about a guitarist that played really well, very fast when he wanted and always clean. I don't remember who. As the story goes, someone ask how he learned to play. He replied he was self taught, learned to play by listening to and copying Lester Flat and Earl Scruggs but he thought it was one person.

True? Don't know.

Thank you,
MrSmith

Peart was an absolute monster on the noise buckets (drums) and I've always liked his playing.
But, I always liked Bonham the best because he played things that should not even be possible.
Say the Zep lads were playing a tune in 3-4 time, Bonham would be playing in 11-14 time, then change to 7-9 time, back to 11-14, then to 5-7.....and ALWAYS be spot on in time with the other guys when they stayed at 3-4 for the whole tune.
I don't know of a single other musician of any instrument that has ever even attempted that.

I heard something about John Bonham years ago, I think on Rockline. Comparing him with Neil Peart, who was the best. The knock on Bonham was that he only played a single bass. But then the response to that was if he played a double bass, Jimmy Page couldn't keep up with him.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: BLEE and aam
I heard something about John Bonham years ago, I think on Rockline. Comparing him with Neil Peart, who was the best. The knock on Bonham was that he only played a single bass. But then the response to that was if he played a double bass, Jimmy Page couldn't keep up with him.

Saw Led Zeppelin at MSG around 1974. Awesome show and Dazed and Confused was incredible.

Saw Led Zeppelin at MSG around 1974. Awesome show and Dazed and Confused was incredible.
I never got to see them, was 13 when John Bonham died.

I did see Jimmy Page & Robert Plant together about 30 years ago,, figured that was as close as I'll ever get.

i have always thought MG was his best # by far. got about 3 versions
No mention of Robert Johnson, Buddy Guy, Duane Allman, Ritchie Blackman…
i did mention allman-meant duane. IMHO one of the best 5 ever. it is amazing how many great guitarists there are. i have heard a few in small local places that were as good as the best and most famous. bet we all have.

Reactions: 91Eunozs and mi650
i have always thought MG was his best # by far. got about 3 versions

i did mention allman-meant duane. IMHO one of the best 5 ever. it is amazing how many great guitarists there are. i have heard a few in small local places that were as good as the best and most famous. bet we all have.
I saw Edgar & Johnny Winter at a bar outside Daytona Beach, in '87 or '88.

Speaking of the Allmans, had a little bit of a run-in with Greg about the same time-frame. I worked at a hotel there and told him he couldn't park in the lot. He played the 'do you know who I am' card. I had his car towed. :ROFLMAO:

Kottke is amazing live.

Not that these are better than any of the previously mentioned guitarists. But to add a couple:

Buddy Guy, Yngwie Malmsteen, Doug Aldrich(Dio, Whitesnake), Wolf Hoffman (Accept, solo work), George Lynch, Trond Holter (Jorn), Rik Emmett (Triumph), Ritchie Blackmore, Reb Beach, Rick Medlocke, Adrian Smith (Iron Maiden, Bruce Dickinson solo), Craig Goldy (Dio), Gary Hoey, too many to mention.

And I do not think I saw Stevie Ray Vaughn mentioned, may have been though.

Here is a video from Gary Hoey if you may have never heard of him. He is definitely worth checking out.

All great one I always mention is Vito Bratta. Granted White Lion was a bit weak (gay lol) his guitar playing is fuckin unreal. Solos I’ve seen in person I’d rank him one. Eddie Van Halen 2 Dave Mustain 3 Buddy guy 4.

I’ve seen Gary Hoey a couple times in small personal venues. He puts on a heck of a show, and so much music coming out of a three man band. Pretty incredible. Would go see him again in a heartbeat and if you get the chance to see him, don’t pass it up.

• Love
Reactions: philly1010