Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

View attachment 8466315
View attachment 8466722
Out my office window yesterday afternoon. That's the plume where the fire started. It was obviously pretty windy yesterday afternoon. I thought I'd posted this. Looks pretty clear now, wildland boys do good work.
Yeah; it’s hard, hot, dangerous, and exciting. Defenitely a young person’s job though. Our Son made it home about zero dark 15 due to evacuating in convoy. The airport and tanker base at Chico is closed due to the fire, so all air support has been coming out of RDD.
Morning Update Map.
77C3CEE1-4760-4AC5-8019-2D216BF4CF94.png

Yeah; it’s hard, hot, dangerous, and exciting. Defenitely a young person’s job though. Our Son made it home about zero dark 15 due to evacuating in convoy. The airport and tanker base at Chico is closed due to the fire, so all air support has been coming out of RDD.
Morning Update Map.
View attachment 8466736
Glad he made it home safely. I have a cousin married to a hotshot crew leader. I'm thankful we have those guys and gals, but damn that's a crazy job.

Glad he made it home safely. I have a cousin married to a hotshot crew leader. I'm thankful we have those guys and gals, but damn that's a crazy job.
Yeah, I saw some awesome country during my time as a Wildland Firefighter. I’ll probably never get back to those location, and some I DON’T ever want to see again.

Yeah, I saw some awesome country during my time as a Wildland Firefighter. I’ll probably never get back to those location, and some I DON’T ever want to see again.
Ken's told me some stories. What you guys go through to even get in position to start fighting a fire is nuts. Don't think you'll ever meet a fat ass hotshot. :ROFLMAO:

…and about 80 years later, my office was just about where the arrow’s pointing; HQ building had a few remodels over eight decades! That was my last post before retiring in 2015.

View attachment 8466254

The officers club was at the center of the base 😆

When I was flying a training sortie a dependent kid decided to take a walk from Randolph High School to base housing by strolling across the runway.