• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

1724362067908.png

I don't think AirPods have GPS.

I don't think even the smallest GPS module is bigger than an AirPod not counting the antenna, also not considering the power requirements or that you'd need a GPS module in each AirPod because finding only one is pointless.

After that he lost me.
True they don't contain a GPS chip.

But you can activate "lost" mode in the "Find My" app on your phone and when the Airpods are then connected to a different phone, their location will be shown.

I don't think even the smallest GPS module is bigger than an AirPod not counting the antenna, also not considering the power requirements or that you'd need a GPS module in each AirPod because finding only one is pointless.

After that he lost me.

True they don't contain a GPS chip.

But you can activate "lost" mode in the "Find My" app on your phone and when the Airpods are then connected to a different phone, their location will be shown.

Came to post this but Ichi beat me to it.

After that he lost me.
Ever seen air tags? Air pod 2 and on, the case is part of the Find My system. Works through all of the other apple products around. So doesn't have to have GPS by itself.

Also even if someone tries to register them on Find My without you removing on your system first, it's still in your system.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lawless and Ichi

It may sound funny. But if I remember right a couple years ago, Nissan got back into Le Mans racing and picked a team out of top video game players and then train them to race real cars. I don’t think they did really well, but it did spawn an entire series, which is an online racing series.

Some of the people who participate have basically a Formula One car surrounded by virtual reality, monitors and screens, set up for their racing.

Reactions: HPIguy and Gee Kay