• Frank's Lesson's Contest

We want to see your skills! Post a video between now and November 1st showing what you've learned from Frank's lessons and 3 people will be selected to win a free shirt. Good luck everyone!

Create a channel Learn more
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

2111111111111111Screenshot_2024-10-20_14-3354283.JPG

you already know what gives you issues i take it.

Seems that way, it was confusing for a while. Started out eliminating the big three like dairy, shellfish, wheat plus beef and symptoms subsided, lost a bunch of weight fairly quickly.

Reintroduced them one at a time, first shellfish no problem then wheat and problems started coming back almost immediately so assumed wheat, cut it back out symptoms subsided, put beef in and no problems. Then dairy and poof, problems back. Started looking at the "wheat" products more closely and it turns out a lot of wheat products have hidden dairy, mostly whey. So I got more particular about the wheat products but things would still flare up occasionally so I started looking at ALL the ingredients and some processed meats like sausage products also have hidden dairy. I'm also a pâté fan and it turns out a lot of pâté, just like breads, have milk as an ingredient.

Avoiding dairy and it's derivatives seems to work but that's impossible if you eat out at all because burger buns, anything breaded like fried chicken, even catfish dredged in cornmeal if milk based wash is used and damn near everything that comes on a plate at a restaurant has butter in it or on it.

A meat diet sound simple but only if you cook it yourself at home dry

Whey is by far the sneakiest of them all since it's often used as a protein booster or a thickener. That shit is in everything ... cereals, crackers, breads and breadcrumbs, vegetarian meat products, deli meats even a lot of "non-dairy" cheeses.

Reactions: Gee Kay and Lawless
Seems that way, it was confusing for a while. Started out eliminating the big three like dairy, shellfish, wheat plus beef and symptoms subsided, lost a bunch of weight fairly quickly.

Reintroduced them one at a time, first shellfish no problem then wheat and problems started coming back almost immediately so assumed wheat, cut it back out symptoms subsided, put beef in and no problems. Then dairy and poof, problems back. Started looking at the "wheat" products more closely and it turns out a lot of wheat products have hidden dairy, mostly whey. So I got more particular about the wheat products but things would still flare up occasionally so I started looking at ALL the ingredients and some processed meats like sausage products also have hidden dairy. I'm also a pâté fan and it turns out a lot of pâté, just like breads, have milk as an ingredient.

Avoiding dairy and it's derivatives seems to work but that's impossible if you eat out at all because burger buns, anything breaded like fried chicken, even catfish dredged in cornmeal if milk based wash is used and damn near everything that comes on a plate at a restaurant has butter in it or on it.

A meat diet sound simple but only if you cook it yourself at home dry

Whey is by far the sneakiest of them all since it's often used as a protein booster or a thickener. That shit is in everything ... cereals, crackers, breads and breadcrumbs, vegetarian meat products, deli meats even a lot of "non-dairy" cheeses.
Find a local bakery. 99% of them won’t use whey in any of their breads unless it’s a milk based bun (brioche). I own a large regional wholesale bakery and use zero milk products due to allergens having to be declared by FDA, etc.

Even guys like me who do run brioche use a milk substitute that’s soy based since we’re already declaring soy as an allergen.

Reactions: doubloon
Where do the 10mm sockets go? I found this one today attached to a ratchet laying in the road. A few scuffs but it works fine.

View attachment 8529762
Thanks for finding my ratchet and socket. I’ll be sending you my address and will expect to receive it back to me in a timely manner. Postage on your dime.