Rifle Scopes Glass Quality Question - Bushnell G2DMR vs. Sightron SIII

I've looked through both, although not at the same time/location. The SIII glass is very good. To my memory the glass of the 3.5-21x50mm Bushnell (I assume this is what you mean) was a little bit flat, for lack of a better word. I didn't notice any aberrations or lack of contrast, it just didn't seem as bright and crisp as other $1000+ scopes I've looked through. I also have the 3-12x44mm Bushnell Elite, and comparing it to the Sightron I do not see any "flatness," although the Sightron does have slightly better resolution, comparing them side by side looking at a stop sign and road intersection sign 550 yards away.

I have owned several examples of the 30mm ETs, the DMRs, and even an XRS, and the glass looks the same to me in all of them.
The Sightron SIII glass is a little better.
The Sightron SIIIs have very nice tactile turrets, too.
The Bushies can be had with that great G2DMR reticle, though.

Joe

interesting, I expected brightness on the 3.5-21 to be better considering the tube diameter, and the glass to be a clear step up from their 30mm scopes. Looks like I'll be getting the SIII 6-24 FFP then. Thanks for the good info

Larger tube diameter yields more erector/turret travel, and does not change the optical path at all.
The DMRs have 34.5 mils of elevation and windage adjustment, while the 30mm ETs have 19/14 mils adjustment.

Joe

I use to be a fan of sightron. Had a few s3's with the capped turrets and recently purchased a new ffp. After seeing how sightron attaches their exposed turrets, you'd have to be on drugs to buy one. Get the bushnell hands down.