• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

H4350 VS IMR 4350 Creedmoor

TexasMade

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2013
Lubbock, TX
I know most people and hornady use H4350 for their Creedmoor. BUT It's no where to be found. I located some IMR 4350 and was wondering if that will be close and as good ?

It'll work great.

Be advised you need to repeat load workup, starting low and working up.

I loaded a bunch of 270 Win 150 gr bullets, some with H4350 and some with IMR 4350, ran them through the chronograph and I couldn't tell the difference contrary what the books says.

Burn rate is similar so working up similar load should not be too difficult.

The H4350 seems to be most popular since it is part of the extreme line and is more stable under temperature variation. I see this as a plus running max loads especially when it gets hot out. I'm sure there are people who have more experience with the other brands of 4350, but the Hodgdon extreme line has always served me well in different cartridges and guns.

So..assuming a good, established safe load with H4350 is 41 grains, then what would an IMR4350 equivalent load might be? I have a new 6 Creedmoor bolt gun and I am thinking of starting with 39 grains of IMR 4350 and a 105 JLK.
Thanks

I tested some 6 Creedmoor loads with 40 grains of IMR 4350 and a 105 JLK and recorded 3188, 3119, 3145, 3125, 3170, 3148. Cold day with overcast.
27" Benchmark 5R 8 twist

Just keep an eye on Gunbot for powder, I just had an 8 pounder of H4350 delivered from Natchez, it's starting to show up here and there.

I loaded some AA 4350 in 6.5 Creedmore for a friend and he's happy. Maybe better than anything so far.

^^^ I've got some AA 4350, haven't tried it yet. What was the bullet and charge you used?

So..assuming a good, established safe load with H4350 is 41 grains, then what would an IMR4350 equivalent load might be? I have a new 6 Creedmoor bolt gun and I am thinking of starting with 39 grains of IMR 4350 and a 105 JLK.
Thanks
I would start at 41.5grs IMR4350.

I found the H4350 much more accurate than the IMR in the 260 Rem work up, but I find little discernible difference in the 30-06 and 300 wsm work ups. I have come to the conclusion that 6.5 is just a bit more finicky to work up. I have read that temp sensitivity is better with the H vs the IMR or AA, I shoot in south Fla so I notice no difference as its always hot and sunny (except for hurricane season).

Last edited:
Loaded my 260 up with some OLD I4350. So old you wouldn't believe it. Man does that thing shoot. H4350 shoots good too but not quite as good as I4350

Saw ten, 1# cans of H-4350 at a local shop a few days ago. We have had maybe 85% or more of each manufacturers line, available at least occasionally... for the last few months here in central/western MT. With the exception of Winchester.

if you have a pet load with H4350 say 42.5 start your IMR at 42 then work up.

there right next to each other on the burn chart. 113 IMR 4350 114 Hodgdon H4350