• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Sidearms & Scatterguns Handguns...show 'em

Screenshot 2024-09-09 at 10.36.23 PM.png

Random question for everyone. I have been saying for a while, my next purchase is going to be a Staccato (most likely a C with a threaded barrel), but the more I see it, the more I’m liking the Platypus.

I haven’t held a Platypus yet, let alone shoot one, but if it were your money, which would you choose? I’ve shot a couple different Staccatos, and they are glorious to put a word to it, and I’ve heard the Platypus shoots just as nice.

Random question for everyone. I have been saying for a while, my next purchase is going to be a Staccato (most likely a C with a threaded barrel), but the more I see it, the more I’m liking the Platypus.

I haven’t held a Platypus yet, let alone shoot one, but if it were your money, which would you choose? I’ve shot a couple different Staccatos, and they are glorious to put a word to it, and I’ve heard the Platypus shoots just as nice.
Friend of mine has both. After shooting a single mag through each, they felt very similar. The Staccato is more asthetically pleasing, but they are both handguns that fire a bullet with a decent trigger. If you are Mil/LE, Staccato has a great program that makes their guns far more attractive price wise, plus great support if you get in a shooting.

Granted it was just a single mag. Most decent pistols are going to shoot about the same, it really depends on what you like.

I have both. Good and bad with both. On the 2011 mags you have to work some of them to make them work. Glock mags are everywhere and work. Staccato there is not much customization, were the Platypus is all about customization. The Staccato is smoother out of the box, but the platypus breaks in just fine. I recommend both of them.

Reactions: Michael Trainowski
Getting back into handguns. Gave the G48 to the little brother after he got shot at. Seemed like a good excuse for a new purchase 😂
Shadow systems CR920XP and a dagger cause damn it’s only $260 lol
View attachment 8504186
View attachment 8504191
Link for Dagger magwell? The wife joined me at a comp last month and really enjoyed herself. I need to strike while the iron is hot; buy her her own pistol, then start her on some legitimate training.

Link for Dagger magwell? The wife joined me at a comp last month and really enjoyed herself. I need to strike while the iron is hot; buy her her own pistol, then start her on some legitimate training.
Yessir here ya go. I have no complaints with it. I marred some of the finish changing the trigger out, but not too concerned. It's a nice magwell though.

Reactions: Anb618
The CR920XP seems pretty nice, definitely my next pick.
It’s nice finish could be better trigger isn’t anything to write home about. But you can’t buy a Glock and do all this to it for $900. I’m excited to shoot it though. Hopefully no issues or at least after the break in it’s running like a top. Worth noting that if you have a G43x/G48 radian is coming out with a ramjet/afterburner combo for it. Just don’t know when.

Reactions: Numenur
I have both. Good and bad with both. On the 2011 mags you have to work some of them to make them work. Glock mags are everywhere and work. Staccato there is not much customization, were the Platypus is all about customization. The Staccato is smoother out of the box, but the platypus breaks in just fine. I recommend both of them.
I don’t own a Glock, so obviously I don’t have any of their mags, but that is one nice selling point of the Platypus. Staccato mags I’m guessing are north of $50 or $60 each, Glock mags you can find anywhere for next to nothing.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
I don’t own a Glock, so obviously I don’t have any of their mags, but that is one nice selling point of the Platypus. Staccato mags I’m guessing are north of $50 or $60 each, Glock mags you can find anywhere for next to nothing.
Staccato mags are around $70 and Glock 17 mags are around $24. The one thing that sucks is when you spend $70 on a mag and it doesn't work. Then you end up buying different springs and followers to make it work and now it's $100 mag. Sometimes you might have to bend them or remove a little material to get them to work, it's a 2011 thing. That's the reason I wanted to get the Platypus. I am going to send mine to MK3 to get ports done on it and a change of color.

Staccato mags are around $70 and Glock 17 mags are around $24. The one thing that sucks is when you spend $70 on a mag and it doesn't work. Then you end up buying different springs and followers to make it work and now it's $100 mag. Sometimes you might have to bend them or remove a little material to get them to work, it's a 2011 thing. That's the reason I wanted to get the Platypus. I am going to send mine to MK3 to get ports done on it and a change of color.
Gees I knew Staccato parts were expensive, I never dreamed they would be $70+ per mag. Ok, so maybe the Platypus is looking up lol.