Sidearms & Scatterguns Handguns...show 'em

Interesting as it's more expensive than the CZ P-09c with optic cuts that just came out. Fucking every gun tuber is out there pushing the new P-09c and P-09. It's only like $549 for a CZ P-09c. BTW, I don''t know why they went from P-07 to P-09c.
So it's a long story but the B&T MK-II is kin to the Sphinx Systems SPD (Maybe? Also Swiss. 🤷‍♂️ Kriss owned Sphinx systems before Sphinx went bankrupt) which borrowed heavily from the CZ 75. IF you squint hard they both look kinda CZ 75 SP-01-ish. As a matter of fact the Sphinx and the B&T both use CZ 75 magazines. I got it for $799.00 OTD.

ETA: I "think" they only made 1400-ish units worldwide not that that is worth anything. And it is optic cut.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shooter McGavin
Picked up today. Walther pdp pro SD compact in gray. Need to pick up a longer toggle for the tlr-1hl. Short fingers.
20240815_115019.jpg

Some other ones of mine you guys may not see all the time.

My Walther I inherited from my grandfather, who picked it up during his “European vacation of the early 1940’s” as he called it. I ran the numbers recently and it’s a numbers matching (I have both mags), 1942 officer’s edition. Not a scratch on it, even still has the engraving that looks new:

IMG_6221.jpeg
IMG_6220.jpeg

The other is what is eloquently known as “the hog gun”. I’m guessing you can tell what my dad and I built it for:

IMG_6249.jpeg

S&W model 629, chambered in .44 Mag, 8.5” barrel (that’s what she said, I know), 3x9 scope if memory serves. Truth be told I haven’t shot it in years. It, like about a dozen other guns, ended up in my safe when my dad passed. The thing is a beast. It should be used as something to lift in the “World’s Strongest Man” challenges.

I also picked up one of the new Canik TTI’s a couple months ago (pictured below), and I keep it in my bug out bag. But depending on how the upgraded P320 (which has been my nightstand gun since I inherited it) runs, I might have to reevaluate what my EDC, bug out bag, and nightstand guns are. I made the mistake of letting the wife shoot the TTI, and she wants it now. I told her that was fine, but if I give her that, I can go get the Stacatto I want.

IMG_7870.jpeg

Some other ones of mine you guys may not see all the time.

My Walther I inherited from my grandfather, who picked it up during his “European vacation of the early 1940’s” as he called it. I ran the numbers recently and it’s a numbers matching (I have both mags), 1942 officer’s edition. Not a scratch on it, even still has the engraving that looks new:

View attachment 8484467View attachment 8484468

The other is what is eloquently known as “the hog gun”. I’m guessing you can tell what my dad and I built it for:

View attachment 8484469

S&W model 629, chambered in .44 Mag, 8.5” barrel (that’s what she said, I know), 3x9 scope if memory serves. Truth be told I haven’t shot it in years. It, like about a dozen other guns, ended up in my safe when my dad passed. The thing is a beast. It should be used as something to lift in the “World’s Strongest Man” challenges.

If that scope is a B&L or Bushnell, it's a 2-6.
Looks like it's slipping forward under recoil.

Nice hog smasher.

Reactions: nikonNUT and Anb618
If that scope is a B&L or Bushnell, it's a 2-6.
Looks like it's slipping forward under recoil.

Nice hog smasher.
I want to say Bushnell, but I wouldn’t bet the farm on that. Knowing my father, especially 25-30 years ago my father, in his mind Bushnell and Leopold were the best, so it’s one of those two. Next time I’m in the garage, I’ll get the hog gun out of the safe and get better pictures of it.

Weaver also made a 2-6x that was very good at standing up to big pistol cartridges.
I’m surprised it has held up truth be told. I bet it has every bit of 1000-2000 rounds through it (most of that being me at the range asking the pig silhouette target if he feels lucky, punk), but I’ve never had to tighten ring screws or readjust the scope at all.

It won't move any further back. It's against the power ring. 😄

Had A TC scope that refused to stay still in its shitty weaver rings. Always held zero, so I eventually moved the rings so it couldn't slide forward.

I regret getting rid of that Super 14, 30 Herrett.

It won't move any further back. It's against the power ring. 😄

Had A TC scope that refused to stay still in its shitty weaver rings. Always held zero, so I eventually moved the rings so it couldn't slide forward.

I regret getting rid of that Super 14, 30 Herrett.
yeah even though I have my 6.5CM and my new 8.6BLK I built last month, I doubt I’ll ever get rid of it. There’s just something fun about hog hunting with a big ass revolver lol.

My best friend always tries to convince me to go bigger, either a 454 or even a .500 Mag, to “round out my collection” as he puts it (because I have .32S&W, .38SPL, .357 Mag, and the .44 Mag revolvers). We don’t really have bears here in North Texas, and shooting a .500 Mag is not my idea of a good time.

Latest addition, LTT PX4 w/optics cut and compensator joining the LTT Elite. The hype on the PX4 is real, replacing a P365X Macro with a bunch of mods thrown at it. The PX4 CC2, out of the box, is a better gun, far lower felt recoil and muzzle rise. I do like the P365 though, may keep it.
IMG_6316.jpg

IMG_6294.jpg

IMG_6295.jpg

Reactions: nikonNUT
Sig 365 Fuse, the Romeo X is a winner.
View attachment 8489486
After getting my upgraded P320 to run properly, I’ve been thinking about getting a red dot for it. You really like the Romeo over an SRO or something like that? My only experience of a red dot on a pistol is the Vortex Venom I threw on my FNX45T, and truth be told I’ve only used it once to sight it in.

After getting my upgraded P320 to run properly, I’ve been thinking about getting a red dot for it. You really like the Romeo over an SRO or something like that? My only experience of a red dot on a pistol is the Vortex Venom I threw on my FNX45T, and truth be told I’ve only used it once to sight it in.
I didn't say I like it better than my SRO's.
Big differences in the romeo line. The Romeo X is aluminum housing, dot, circle or circle dot reticle with the push of a button. Also motion activated. An SRO will not fit the footprint on a 365, also too big for for my plans for this pistol.

Reactions: Michael Trainowski
View attachment 8480682
New SW Shield Plus Carry Comp.
How do you like the Shield Plus Carry Comp? I just picked mine up last week and put ~ 200 rounds through it. It fits the sidecar holster for my original gen 1 Shield. Even with the comp it's still a bit snappy so I don't think it will completely replace my G19, but man it's nice to have 13/15 + 1, dot, good stock sights, and a crispy trigger.

Attachments

• 2024-08-27_19-53-08_893.jpeg
    2024-08-27_19-53-08_893.jpeg
    451.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 2024-08-27_19-53-16_892.jpeg
    2024-08-27_19-53-16_892.jpeg
    369.2 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: crackerbrown
How do you like the Shield Plus Carry Comp? I just picked mine up last week and put ~ 200 rounds through it. It fits the sidecar holster for my original gen 1 Shield. Even with the comp it's still a bit snappy so I don't think it will completely replace my G19, but man it's nice to have 13/15 + 1, dot, good stock sights, and a crispy trigger.
I like mine a lot. Seems a little snappy but not too bad. Better than the hellcat pro it replaced. I’ve only shot it once so far but it seemed to recover faster shot to shot than my VP9 which was surprising.

I have a G19 also so I’m looking forward to shooting it with that next.

Reactions: crackerbrown
I grew up with good old fashioned A&W or IBC, so the thought of flavored root beer is a bit odd to me lol.
There's many different under flavors and types of Rootbeer. Anchor Ginger rootbeer is one of my favorites. Up to 51 different rootbeers (doesn't count sasparilla either). That number doesn't count A&W, mug, barqs, or IBC.
SmartSelect_20240830_170500_Gallery.jpg

Btw I don't do alcohol. Probably a good thing or else I would likely be an alcoholic.

Looks cool but what exactly is it?
Pedersoli Howdah Alaskan.....strictly a gun that's a bit different and fun. It wouldn't be my first choice for much but, it's just cool. Shoots both .45Colt and .410 shotgun. It's retail and normal shelf price was a bit much, even for a toy. Then I stumble in a shop closing down that had everything at about half price....figured it was time to quit just staring at it.

When you can't decide between shooting cowboy loads, or using a shotgun, to smash watermelons........channel your inner pirate instead....
View attachment 8492159
Looks cool but what exactly is it?

Pedersoli Howdah Alaskan.....strictly a gun that's a bit different and fun. It wouldn't be my first choice for much but, it's just cool. Shoots both .45Colt and .410 shotgun. It's retail and normal shelf price was a bit much, even for a toy. Then I stumble in a shop closing down that had everything at about half price....figured it was time to quit just staring at it.
IMG_4175.jpeg

IMG_4174.jpeg

Get the Apex Tactical Comp trigger with the mag safety delete. Worth every penny. 👍🏼

How does it compare to Volquartson though? Feel like Volquartson has been in the 22 game forever. Seems the trigger pull on the Apex is 3lbs vs 2.25 on the Volquartson. Not sure that is a big deal.

And the T1 is getting taken off next week when my Lobos Ind mount arrives for my RMR.

I'd like to try out a set of those VZ grips as well.

Haven't pulled the Volquartsen in a 22/45 that I'm aware of, so no idea. Does the Volquartsen come with a magazine safety delete? 2.25 would be nice, and I've thought about seeing if Apex will start offering some lighter springs for their kit. I would like to get it around the 2-2.5 lbs. range. But at 3, it's still not bad at all. And for sure a huge upgrade over factory. I also like the flat face. Their machining on their trigger feels ultra-smooth, and quality.

Yes.
I use the Volquartsen triggers in mine and they are excellent. Definitely recommend. They offer a few other worthy upgrades to these pistols too, like a threaded guide rod to accommodate lighter springs for subs, and some little rubbery buttons to remove any looseness in the upper/lower lockup.
Ruger Vs Volquartsen Trigger Fingers.jpg

Reactions: 30calDeath
It’s amazing and worth every cent. Smooth, fast, flat and the weight of the gun is excellent. It’s a hammer too no doubt. But i certainly need more practice with it for its full potential.
I haven’t seen one in person yet. What is the slide like? Is it more like a Kimber, or is it as good as a Staccato slide? That’s a 2011, correct? Not a 1911? Judging by the double stacked mags I would think it is. Does that hold 17+1 or 15+1?

I haven’t seen one in person yet. What is the slide like? Is it more like a Kimber, or is it as good as a Staccato slide? That’s a 2011, correct? Not a 1911? Judging by the double stacked mags I would think it is. Does that hold 17+1 or 15+1?
The slide is way better than Kimber and staccato. It’s top of the line and every single gun is carefully fitted by Atlas. It’s so light and smooth it’s not even funny.

2011 yes. Comes with one 17, and two 21 round mags.

I bought it new for Msrp. Check prices on their site :)
Yeah I am going to look at them. As I said, my next pistol purchase was going to be a Staccato C with a threaded barrel, but with the new Platypus and now the Artemis, that’s a tough choice. My unicorn of a gun is a Nighthawk, but I would have to sell more than my organs and first born to get that. Plus it would most likely need to come with a divorce lawyer once the wife found out.

• Haha
Reactions: its_sean
Yeah I am going to look at them. As I said, my next pistol purchase was going to be a Staccato C with a threaded barrel, but with the new Platypus and now the Artemis, that’s a tough choice. My unicorn of a gun is a Nighthawk, but I would have to sell more than my organs and first born to get that. Plus it would most likely need to come with a divorce lawyer once the wife found out.
check out an MPA DS9 too. If my budget was in that range that is what I would get.

check out an MPA DS9 too. If my budget was in that range that is what I would get.
Oh my budget is maybe Red Rider at the moment. This is going to be one of those “down the line” purchases lol. I mean this year alone I already got a TTI Combat, Raider S4, built maybe a dozen ARs, and completely reworked and upgraded my P320. So I need to chillax a bit before dropping $5k on one pistol lol.

On the flip side, not only did the wife get a rifle of her own, she just got her third Louis Vuitton purse. Or rather I should say, I just bought her third-and last-one (which I don’t get frankly, it’s a bag that holds shit, that’s it - change my mind, I’ll wait). But I said that after the first one I got her.

• Haha
Reactions: Modoc and its_sean
Oh my budget is maybe Red Rider at the moment. This is going to be one of those “down the line” purchases lol. I mean this year alone I already got a TTI Combat, Raider S4, built maybe a dozen ARs, and completely reworked and upgraded my P320. So I need to chillax a bit before dropping $5k on one pistol lol.

On the flip side, not only did the wife get a rifle of her own, she just got her third Louis Vuitton purse. Or rather I should say, I just bought her third-and last-one (which I don’t get frankly, it’s a bag that holds shit, that’s it - change my mind, I’ll wait). But I said that after the first one I got her.
Guns cost us twice as much. Every dollar we spend on a gun is a dollar spent on purses 😂

Reactions: Michael Trainowski