Help on first build- Origin, TL3, Kelbly, CDG, or Solus?

Potato502

Private
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2024
Kentucky
I have used the search function and have literally read all the posts on first builds, etc. so I'm just gonna post my thoughts on my first potential bolt action build. I have built numerous ARs in the past so I like the option of building a bolt action but just need some help from the experts. I'm looking at a 6.5 Creedmoor build. That seems to be the most well-rounded option for a first build? Rifle would be used for plinking and target practice and potentially PRS in the future.

Origin- $900 seems like the obvious answer. Probably best bang for the buck proven option available for sub $1k. The only question/concern I have on the Origin is the bolt throw of 90 degrees. I've read a 90 degree throw can sometimes bind up with the scope? Is this really an issue or am I overthinking this? I feel like I'd prefer a shorter throw but don't know any better.

TL3- $1300 this is probably what I'd prefer but it's about $400 more than the Origin. I think they are 60 degree throws? I probably don't need all the other bells and whistles and wouldn't even know the differences. Not doing any barrel swaps either.

Kelbly Prometheus- $1000 seems like a great option and can be had around $1k at Brownells at the moment. Seems Kelbly's has a good reputation and are well respected but maybe not the current darling like some others?

ARC CDG- $900 this thing looks amazing on paper but for some reason it makes me nervous at the same time. Not sure what else to say about it. LOL

Aero Solus- $700 man, talk about a polarizing brand. One minute I want to just buy the action and build around it with a good (non Aero) pre-fit barrel and chassis but it's still an Aero product at the end of the day and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. You really can't argue with the price and it's a 60 degree throw.

I really want something, at least for my first build, to be pretty plug and play. I think all the options I listed fit into that category with pre-fit barrel and chassis options. Probably looking at a Proof pre-fit with an MDT or MPA chassis and TT trigger.

Any other options I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

The easy button on fitment and parts for me has been Lone Peak, and just recently got my first Impact long action. Unless you get the Lone Peak Razor, they will all boast integral rails and lugs, which is just one less thing to worry about. The Origin has been used by many on here, but the action can be the main part of your build so buy the best your budget allows.

I don’t have any first hand experience as I am still waiting on mine to come in, but if you’re considering swapping calibers to try out on your new build maybe look at the Zeus QC.

Unless you get the Lone Peak Razor, they will all boast integral rails and lugs, which is just one less thing to worry about.
I think the odd one out on his list in that regard would be the TL3. The rail is pinned if I remember correctly.
Origin- $900 seems like the obvious answer. Probably best bang for the buck proven option available for sub $1k. The only question/concern I have on the Origin is the bolt throw of 90 degrees. I've read a 90 degree throw can sometimes bind up with the scope? Is this really an issue or am I overthinking this? I feel like I'd prefer a shorter throw but don't know any better.
It's a non-issue. And since you specifically mentioned possible PRS stuff in the future, the top guys overwhelmingly use 90 degree throws probably because they take a bit less force and don't disturb the gun as much between shots from unstable positions.

Here's an article from PRB on the custom actions being used by the top 200 PRS shooters this past season. There are other articles going over all of the other components/gear those guys use as well. I'm not saying it's the final word on any of this but it'll probably be a good start for you. I went through this process recently and chose a Lone Peak Fuzion (just got told it's ready to ship actually).

Don't let the Aero brand fool you... I have 2 Solus action builds, and waiting on my Solus pistol 8.3" .300 BLK to ship to my dealer.

Are they are smooth and refined as say a Terminus? No. But they are significantly better than any factory action out there. And they are built like a damn tank, and they DO get smoother with use.

Solus/Proof custom .25 Creedmoor

IMG_9754.jpeg
image_cropper_82957909-02CC-4CB4-A8F4-86DB98C26A8F-485-000002A84CC08B50.jpeg

Solus 20" M24 .308 Win (factory barrel)

IMG_9496.jpeg
image_cropper_2DF6F4C3-0713-44A1-B483-B993EC29C729-563-0000043D0D277CF0.jpeg

Reactions: JKW70 and stevieb92
Verify me, but I think origin and aero use the same prefit barrels. Origin has different bolt sizes available too. Aero says they will have them available.
Yes, the Aero Solus and the Zermatt Origin use the same prefits. Just always verify with a nice set of Go/NoGo gauges before shooting it. I like Dave Manson's gauges, they're not cheap, but they are VERY precise and extremely high quality.

The easy button on fitment and parts for me has been Lone Peak, and just recently got my first Impact long action. Unless you get the Lone Peak Razor, they will all boast integral rails and lugs, which is just one less thing to worry about. The Origin has been used by many on here, but the action can be the main part of your build so buy the best your budget allows.

I don’t have any first hand experience as I am still waiting on mine to come in, but if you’re considering swapping calibers to try out on your new build maybe look at the Zeus QC.
Thanks for the response! I've looked at Lone Peak and I think the cheapest one is the razor at $1200 so I've kinda discounted them even though I've considered the Zermatt TL3 at $1300 because of the Origin (if that makes sense).

I don't see myself doing any barrel swaps. I'd probably just buy another action. Just like in the AR world guys will buy different uppers to go with one lower. I usually just buy the whole rifle. :)

I think the odd one out on his list in that regard would be the TL3. The rail is pinned if I remember correctly.

It's a non-issue. And since you specifically mentioned possible PRS stuff in the future, the top guys overwhelmingly use 90 degree throws probably because they take a bit less force and don't disturb the gun as much between shots from unstable positions.

Here's an article from PRB on the custom actions being used by the top 200 PRS shooters this past season. There are other articles going over all of the other components/gear those guys use as well. I'm not saying it's the final word on any of this but it'll probably be a good start for you. I went through this process recently and chose a Lone Peak Fuzion (just got told it's ready to ship actually).

If most PRS guys are using a 90 degree throw then I think I should be ok for me. ;) That also makes a lot of sense that if the 90 degree action takes less force to manipulate you can stay on target easier and have faster follow-up shots. Now that you mention that I think I have read the shorter throws typically take more force to maneuver.

I've read a lot of the precision rifle blog posts and have the "most used actions" tab open as I type this. I'll go back and re-read the whole article. I may have skipped over the 90 degree throw portion. Looks like Impact along with Lone Peak are the top two. I think they are both a little out of my price range at the moment but I think the Origin will be a great start for me. Looks like the Fuzion is a great action!

Thanks so much for the response! I think your response may have just pushed me over the edge to get the Origin as I really don't think someone like me can go wrong with that action in their first build.

If most PRS guys are using a 90 degree throw then I think I should be ok for me. ;) That also makes a lot of sense that if the 90 degree action takes less force to manipulate you can stay on target easier and have faster follow-up shots. Now that you mention that I think I have read the shorter throws typically take more force to maneuver.

I've read a lot of the precision rifle blog posts and have the "most used actions" tab open as I type this. I'll go back and re-read the whole article. I may have skipped over the 90 degree throw portion. Looks like Impact along with Lone Peak are the top two. I think they are both a little out of my price range at the moment but I think the Origin will be a great start for me. Looks like the Fuzion is a great action!

Thanks so much for the response! I think your response may have just pushed me over the edge to get the Origin as I really don't think someone like me can go wrong with that action in their first build.
I don't see people complaining about their Origin actions. I'm sure it'll work great for you. And the top shooters using a 90 degree should really only tell you that a 90 degree won't be a negative. Though some, like Francis Colon, argue that they're flat out better for PRS. For your purposes of just getting into it, anything will work and it's not something you should worry about. A 60 degree bolt throw would be very low on the list of your limiting factors when just starting PRS (or so I assume).

Don't let the Aero brand fool you... I have 2 Solus action builds, and waiting on my Solus pistol 8.3" .300 BLK to ship to my dealer.

Are they are smooth and refined as say a Terminus? No. But they are significantly better than any factory action out there. And they are built like a damn tank, and they DO get smoother with use.

Solus/Proof custom .25 Creedmoor

View attachment 8480670View attachment 8480669

Solus 20" M24 .308 Win (factory barrel)

View attachment 8480671View attachment 8480672
I knew someone was gonna come in with a really positive Solus response. LOL I think I'm gonna get my feet wet with the Origin and see what this whole bolt action thing is about. I see a lot of positive stuff about the Solus and that's why I am considering it. I assume if a lot of barrel manufacturers are making pre-fits for it then it probably has a lot of good stuff going for it.

Reactions: MattK1
I don't see people complaining about their Origin actions. I'm sure it'll work great for you. And the top shooters using a 90 degree should really only tell you that a 90 degree won't be a negative. Though some, like Francis Colon, argue that they're flat out better for PRS. For your purposes of just getting into it, anything will work and it's not something you should worry about. A 60 degree bolt throw would be very low on the list of your limiting factors when just starting PRS (or so I assume).
I don't see anyone complaining about the Origin either. That's why I figured it was the obvious answer for a first time builder like myself. This is why I came here to get as much information as I can to make the right decision and/or reinforce what I kinda already thought. I think I'm just going to order an Origin and be done with it. If not, I'll sit here all day and night analyzing this stuff and never build the rifle. LOL Besides, if the top shooters and experts think a 90 degree throw is the way to go then it shouldn't be a concern.

Thanks again!

I knew someone was gonna come in with a really positive Solus response. LOL I think I'm gonna get my feet wet with the Origin and see what this whole bolt action thing is about. I see a lot of positive stuff about the Solus and that's why I am considering it. I assume if a lot of barrel manufacturers are making pre-fits for it then it probably has a lot of good stuff going for it.
Solus uses Origin prefits…..genius on behalf of Solus

Reactions: FuhQ
Anyone have recommendations on chassis and/or scopes?

I was looking at MDT and MPA for a chassis and probably a Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25 with a PR2 reticle (that seems to be what the pros use :)) or maybe a Vortex Viper PST 5-25 on the cheaper end. I'm sure there are some sleeper scopes out there that I don't know about. I use a Nightforce ATACR 1-8 in the Tactical Games and have an NX8 on my backup rifle so I know you need spend good money on glass.

I like chassis similar to the MDT ESS and not the MDT Timber if that helps.

Oh, and I'll probably just go with a Proof pre-fit since they are readily available and seem to get pretty positive reviews for the $650 price. Unless anyone can convince me otherwise on a readily available pre-fit for the Origin in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Origin for me. I have two. This one moved between PRS and hunting. For season I have a Manners LRH and an 18" 6 creed carbon barrel.

My long action is built in 300prc on a McMillan Game Warden LR.

I will try a Kelblys or Impact soon but the swappable bolt face is a huge plus to me. The black DLC version is a bit smoother than the bead blasted finish.

The other selling point is the endless variety of prefits. Everything is available in an origin prefit. And bonus points because in a pinch you can use a savage small shank barrel with a nut. I just picked up the shouldered 26" Criterion from NSS for $500 too.

1000004960.jpg

1000004845.jpg

Reactions: Schütze
It's designed eerily similar to the Impact 737R action ($1,400 avg. price)... Which has a stellar reputation, and costs twice as much as the Solus action sale price. And yeah, pretty much every barrel manufacturer including Proof is making prefits specifically for them now. So, it's here to stay.

Origin for me. I have two. This one moved between PRS and hunting. For season I have a Manners LRH and an 18" 6 creed carbon barrel.

My long action is built in 300prc on a McMillan Game Warden LR.

I will try a Kelblys or Impact soon but the swappable bolt face is a huge plus to me. The black DLC version is a bit smoother than the bead blasted finish.

The other selling point is the endless variety of prefits. Everything is available in an origin prefit. And bonus points because in a pinch you can use a savage small shank barrel with a nut. I just picked up the shouldered 26" Criterion from NSS for $500 too.

View attachment 8480720

View attachment 8480728
Yeah, I think it’s gonna be the Origin for me as well. I’ll probably try to buy the action soon and sell some stuff in the meantime to fund the rest of the build.

How do you like the Criterion? I typically use their 223 wylde barrels in my AR builds. Pretty solid stuff! I wonder how the Proof barrels compare in 6.5 CM to something like a Criterion?

Anyone have recommendations on chassis and/or scopes?

I was looking at MDT and MPA for a chassis and probably a Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25 with a PR2 reticle (that seems to be what the pros use :)) or maybe a Vortex Viper PST 5-25 on the cheaper end. I'm sure there are some sleeper scopes out there that I don't know about. I use a Nightforce ATACR 1-8 in the Tactical Games and have an NX8 on my backup rifle so I know you need spend good money on glass.

I like chassis similar to the MDT ESS and not the MDT Timber if that helps.
Buy anything other than a Leupold... If you want a really nice "budget" scope, the new Viper HD 5-25x50 VMR-4 FFP scopes are impressive for their price. I would buy one over a PST-II any day of the week. If you want to spend the money, the Vortex Razor Gen3 is always a solid investment, that's what I'm running on my Solus/Proof .25 Creed. My Burris XTR-III 5.5-30x56 SCR2 scope on my Solus .308 Win is a phenomenal scope. I don't understand where all the complaints are coming from. Mine has exceptional glass, and the turrets are not bad at all. If you don't mind dropping the coin, the Kahles K624i is an excellent scope with Austrian glass and quality.

Yeah, I think it’s gonna be the Origin for me as well. I’ll probably try to buy the action soon and sell some stuff in the meantime to fund the rest of the build.

How do you like the Criterion? I typically use their 223 wylde barrels in my AR builds. Pretty solid stuff! I wonder how the Proof barrels compare in 6.5 CM to something like a Criterion?
There is no comparison... Proof barrels are exponentially higher quality than Criterion barrels based on my experiences. You might get a Criterion that will shoot great, but the Proof will still be a better quality barrel.

Haven't shot it yet. Loaded up 100 match burners to break it in and I'll load up 50 Dtacs to start some load dev while I'm there. Heard nothing but great things. Check out northland shooting supply for actions and barrels. Also reach out to front range precision. He's hooked me up a couple times.

Thanks for the response! I've looked at Lone Peak and I think the cheapest one is the razor at $1200 so I've kinda discounted them even though I've considered the Zermatt TL3 at $1300 because of the Origin (if that makes sense).

I don't see myself doing any barrel swaps. I'd probably just buy another action. Just like in the AR world guys will buy different uppers to go with one lower. I usually just buy the whole rifle. :)
I’m the same way, even having a barrel vise and all the tools I keep building more guns, having to buy more scopes lol. I just got a LP Razor Ti for a 6.5PRC build and was worried from some of the things you read about Titanium, but being dlc coated it feels almost like my other actions being brand new.

And I’ve loved having 90 degree throws, so have to be aware of scope caps. I can’t comment about regularly using a 60 degree until my Zeus comes in. It is definitely different though from shooting a few Terminus actions that friends have.

Origin is my choice (I've got 3 and #4 on the way), however the others you mentioned are fine options. I also prefer the MPA Matrix Pro chassis and Vortex Razor Gen III scopes in a MPA BA mount. Lots of good options for a prefit barrel out there (shouldered and nut style). I've used Southern Precision Rifles and KI Precision. PVA is another solid choice.

Origin_6.5_Creedmoor_01.jpg

Buy anything other than a Leupold... If you want a really nice "budget" scope, the new Viper HD 5-25x50 VMR-4 FFP scopes are impressive for their price. I would buy one over a PST-II any day of the week. If you want to spend the money, the Vortex Razor Gen3 is always a solid investment, that's what I'm running on my Solus/Proof .25 Creed. My Burris XTR-III 5.5-30x56 SCR2 scope on my Solus .308 Win is a phenomenal scope. I don't understand where all the complaints are coming from. Mine has exceptional glass, and the turrets are not bad at all. If you don't mind dropping the coin, the Kahles K624i is an excellent scope with Austrian glass and quality.
Why do you say that about the Leuopolds? I see a lot of the top guys running them in PRS and Leupold seems to have a good reputation. Just curious.

I had a Razor 1-10 but sold it for an ATACR 1-8 because I liked the Nightforce FC-DMx reticle better with it's finer aiming point. I still have a Razor 1-6 and I think Vortex offers some nice solid scopes for the money. And you can't beat their warranty.

I've actually read good things on the Burris XTR-IIIs. I saw Ray from X-Ring uses one on one of his rifles and he normally uses top tier stuff. I've looked at the Burris's but I'll definitely take another look.

Thanks!

There is no comparison... Proof barrels are exponentially higher quality than Criterion barrels based on my experiences. You might get a Criterion that will shoot great, but the Proof will still be a better quality barrel.
Criterion will be relegated to the ARs. LOL Proof will probably be the way I go. Proof just seems like another easy button for me.

Origin is my choice (I've got 3 and #4 on the way), however the others you mentioned are fine options. I also prefer the MPA Matrix Pro chassis and Vortex Razor Gen III scopes in a MPA BA mount. Lots of good options for a prefit barrel out there (shouldered and nut style). I've used Southern Precision Rifles and KI Precision. PVA is another solid choice.

View attachment 8480774
This looks like where I want to go with my build. Can't decide on the MPA BA chassis or an MDT offering. Looking at a cheaper MDT option possibly. Is the MPA worth it? The MPA looks like everything I want in a chassis though so I'll probably end up just getting one. Any thoughts on it compared to MDT?

Why do you say that about the Leuopolds? I see a lot of the top guys running them in PRS and Leupold seems to have a good reputation. Just curious.

I had a Razor 1-10 but sold it for an ATACR 1-8 because I liked the Nightforce FC-DMx reticle better with it's finer aiming point. I still have a Razor 1-6 and I think Vortex offers some nice solid scopes for the money. And you can't beat their warranty.

I've actually read good things on the Burris XTR-IIIs. I saw Ray from X-Ring uses one on one of his rifles and he normally uses top tier stuff. I've looked at the Burris's but I'll definitely take another look.

Thanks!
Majority of those comp guys are sponsored and get free shit from companies… Nobody in the real world should base their optics purchases on what those guys are using.

Also, Leopold is old tech in a new package, and they overcharge like hell for it.

This looks like where I want to go with my build. Can't decide on the MPA BA chassis or an MDT offering. Looking at a cheaper MDT option possibly. Is the MPA worth it? The MPA looks like everything I want in a chassis though so I'll probably end up just getting one. Any thoughts on it compared to MDT?
MPA got their start building shitty MAC-11 clones that nobody bought because they were so ugly and terrible. Personally, any company that can design and build an abortion like this, and think it’s worthy of selling to the public, won’t get a penny of my money.

IMG_0214.jpeg

You can never go wrong with an Origin. It's a solid base and if you find that you really don't like it or just can't live without integral rail/lug/etc then you can always sell it for close to your purchase price.

The ARC CDG add so many features and keeps the price so low that its hard to ignore. While it's only been out for less than a year, I really haven't heard any catastrophic issues with it. If you're even considering it and an MPA chassis, then I'd just go straight to MPA and buy the Matrix Pro PMR

As for Kelbly and the Prometheus. It's a fantastic platform as well. They re-designed the bolt stop and they are well known in F-Class and BenchRest. The quality control and finish are amazing. I will say that bolt close is stiff at first and much more noticeable than either the Origin or ARC CDG. After I tuned the hanger on my ARC the bolt is incredibly smooth.

If I were starting over and wanted to build from components and keep it reasonably priced, I'd go with Origin. Especially since you can easily change calibers with a simple bolt head change and new barrel chamber.

If I wanted to start with and ARC CDG to keep costs reasonable, then I'd skip buying the action alone, and just go straight to the MPA fully built rifle. It's cheaper in the long run and is a quality build with great components.

If I wanted to build from components and cost was no object, then I'd go with Impact or Lone Peak or Terminus for an action.

Majority of those comp guys are sponsored and get free shit from companies… Nobody in the real world should base their optics purchases on what those guys are using.

Also, Leopold is old tech in a new package, and they overcharge like hell for it.
For some reason I'v never really been a big Leupold fan. They offer nothing that I'd want in a 1-8 type scope that I would use so I hadn't really considered them up until now. It does seem to be old tech repackaged. LOL

I think I might just stick to some sort of Vortex. Although in the PRS world I know there are some scopes that I'm not real familiar with (they also seem out of my price range) so open to options. Maybe $2000 - $2500 price point. I think $2500 might be razor territory.

For some reason I'v never really been a big Leupold fan. They offer nothing that I'd want in a 1-8 type scope that I would use so I hadn't really considered them up until now. It does seem to be old tech repackaged. LOL

I think I might just stick to some sort of Vortex. Although in the PRS world I know there are some scopes that I'm not real familiar with (they also seem out of my price range) so open to options. Maybe $2000 - $2500 price point. I think $2500 might be razor territory.

probably one of the best values out there

MPA got their start building shitty MAC-11 clones that nobody bought because they were so ugly and terrible. Personally, any company that can design and build an abortion like this, and think it’s worthy of selling to the public, won’t get a penny of my money.

View attachment 8480835
I know right? :ROFLMAO: I always thought MPA was a cheap manufacturer of firearms because of this very gun (and a few others). Plus the name sounds kinda weird to me. Another reason I was looking at MDT for a MPA PMR type chassis.

For the cost difference of a Criterion vs a Proof Prefit for an Origin, just go with the Proof Prefit. They are close enough in cost that its a no brainer.

I've had Criterions that shoot great, and for a remage for a R700, it's the way to go, but for an Origin, I would skip it.

For the cost difference of a Criterion vs a Proof Prefit for an Origin, just go with the Proof Prefit. They are close enough in cost that its a no brainer.

I've had Criterions that shoot great, and for a remage for a R700, it's the way to go, but for an Origin, I would skip it.
Yep! I have it narrowed down to an Origin and a Proof pre-fit in 6.5 CM. They look like they best options for what I'm looking for. Now just need to figure out chassis, scope, and trigger. Leaning towards and MDT ESS? Probably a Vortex scope option. Trigger Tech for the trigger.

Yep! I have it narrowed down to an Origin and a Proof pre-fit in 6.5 CM. They look like they best options for what I'm looking for. Now just need to figure out chassis, scope, and trigger. Leaning towards and MDT ESS? Probably a Vortex scope option. Trigger Tech for the trigger.
Can’t go wrong with the Origin action, they are butter smooth actions. I have a Solus and an Origin. The Solus is good and it is smooth, the 60 degree is nice, but the Origin is a step up from it for sure.

Look at Front Range Precision

Owen is a great guy and they have some good build packages with very fair prices.

100% my first place to look for prefits or anything Zermatt

(I like the Origin a lot, you can use Origin prefits or SA TL3 prefits with the HLR lug, great versatility).

You can never go wrong with an Origin. It's a solid base and if you find that you really don't like it or just can't live without integral rail/lug/etc then you can always sell it for close to your purchase price.

The ARC CDG add so many features and keeps the price so low that its hard to ignore. While it's only been out for less than a year, I really haven't heard any catastrophic issues with it. If you're even considering it and an MPA chassis, then I'd just go straight to MPA and buy the Matrix Pro PMR

As for Kelbly and the Prometheus. It's a fantastic platform as well. They re-designed the bolt stop and they are well known in F-Class and BenchRest. The quality control and finish are amazing. I will say that bolt close is stiff at first and much more noticeable than either the Origin or ARC CDG. After I tuned the hanger on my ARC the bolt is incredibly smooth.

If I were starting over and wanted to build from components and keep it reasonably priced, I'd go with Origin. Especially since you can easily change calibers with a simple bolt head change and new barrel chamber.

If I wanted to start with and ARC CDG to keep costs reasonable, then I'd skip buying the action alone, and just go straight to the MPA fully built rifle. It's cheaper in the long run and is a quality build with great components.

If I wanted to build from components and cost was no object, then I'd go with Impact or Lone Peak or Terminus for an action.
Would you spend the extra $200 on a Kelbly Prometheus compared to the Origin? I can get the Prometheus right around $1000 right now. Seems like a fantastic action and a step up from the Origin and in the big scheme of things $200 is peanuts. Thanks!

Would you spend the extra $200 on a Kelbly Prometheus compared to the Origin? I can get the Prometheus right around $1000 right now. Seems like a fantastic action and a step up from the Origin and in the big scheme of things $200 is peanuts. Thanks!

That's a tough call. I really like the integral rail and lug. I also like the overall fit and finish and build quality of the Kelbly. I think that the extra features are worth $200.

But, would I buy the Prometheus before the Origin??? I'm not sure. While most chassis can handle the Kelbly trigger hanger, you may run in to some stocks that need to be milled. My Prometheus is new and I have only fitted it and not fired it yet, but the initial bolt close is stiffer than my Origin. My Origin has more rounds down range though. I expect my Kelbly to break in and smooth out a lot over time. I have a TT Diamond in both. I think if I were to start over with the Kelbly, I'd go with a Bix n Andy trigger so that I could adjust my sear height.

Honestly, I would go with Origin or ARC CDG which are both in the same price range. The ARC CDG gives you the extras for the same price as the Origin. I think those 2 should be your focus. Do you want 2 lug and 90* or 3 lug and 70*.

Otherwise, you'll get in to the game of chasing just a couple of hundred more and I could get "x". Then it's but for just an extra $150, I could get "y".

Both the MPA and MDT are good choices for the PRS game. I'd suggest finding someone local to you that has one of each and ask to get behind them to check how they fit you and feel when you're running a stage. That's exactly what I did to make my choice. Both have lots of adjustments. I felt as though the MPA Matrix Pro fit me better than the MDT ACC Elite. Also, one of the MPA features that saved me on several stages was the quick deployable bag rider. The MDT doesn't have that option.

Once you sign up for a PRS membership and have your PRS member number, MPA gives a nice discount off MSRP of their products when you make a purchase. MDT also gives a nice discount, but the MPA discount was higher.

https://www.precisionrifleseries.com/memberships

Check out Paul @ Evolved Ballistics for an Origin and the Proof prefit you're after. He usually has them in stock and if you're MIL/LEO and/or first responder he provides a nice discount as well. I'm not affiliated, just a super happy customer.

I have definitely looked at that one as well. Looks like it's a Eurooptic exclusive. I love Eurooptic and that's where I get most of my scopes from. I'll keep this one in mind. Thanks!

I second that optic suggestion. Great scope for a great price. I have two and love them. Euro Optic is an outstanding company. Planning for another one later this year.

View attachment 8480835
That is one ugly thing, but it's kinda short sighted to disregard a company based solely on one of their early product. Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one. lol

Zeiss S3, Kahles K624i (current production Gen is excellent, the older ones were hit or miss), Vortex Razor Gen3, Burris XTR-III are all excellent options in that ~$2500 (or less) price point.

I know right? :ROFLMAO: I always thought MPA was a cheap manufacturer of firearms because of this very gun (and a few others). Plus the name sounds kinda weird to me. Another reason I was looking at MDT for a MPA PMR type chassis.
The Aero Solus chassis fits all 700 footprints, and is excellent for the money. Customizable, and has an adjustable mag latch so you can ensure your mags feed and lock in perfectly. I run the 15” chassis on several 700’s as well. 👍🏼

Look at Front Range Precision

Owen is a great guy and they have some good build packages with very fair prices.

100% my first place to look for prefits or anything Zermatt

(I like the Origin a lot, you can use Origin prefits or SA TL3 prefits with the HLR lug, great versatility).

This. I picked up one of the package deals from @frontrangeprecision who is active on these forums and couldn’t be happier. Went with a TL3, proof SS prefit, and TT trigger. Action wrench from him also. Put it together myself with no issues (Never done it before but pretty straightforward). As I bought a barrel vise to install the barrel, I can change barrels any time. Went with 6.5 CM to start as ammo was available and it shoots exceptionally well. He lists the “kit“ in the PX from time to time but contact him and he”ll set you up with what you want. Straight answers on everything including lead times for what I wanted.