• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

How To Simulate Bear Skull

How’bout hdpe cutting board? Would a half inch thick one simulate bone pretty well?
That stuff is actually pretty soft. Used some to make drip rail brackets for my boat, sawzall zipped right through it. I use the same saw/blade to cut up antlers and femur for chew toys for the dog, the comparison wasn’t close. Uhmw is the same way, resists abrasion and blunt impacts incredibly well, soft material to cut through though.

Statistically speaking aggressive black bear encounters are far more common lol

I think people get way too invested in the mythical best bear load when good bear spray is probably enough on its own. Screw a handgun though if it was down to having to shoot. I'll take an underfolder AK.

That stuff is actually pretty soft. Used some to make drip rail brackets for my boat, sawzall zipped right through it. I use the same saw/blade to cut up antlers and femur for chew toys for the dog, the comparison wasn’t close. Uhmw is the same way, resists abrasion and blunt impacts incredibly well, soft material to cut through though.

How about oak boards?

Reactions: BJames
It's all about the slopping angles (assuming you're shooting them from the front). If you shoot em in the forehead they glance off and he eats you with a headache. You gotta put it right in his nose.
The best way to be sure of that is put some honey on the barrel crown.Then when he stops to smell it, POW!

According to @LuckyDuck all you need is a .40sw

Well, in his defense, even 9mm has been successfully used to defend against a grizzly attack. 100% successful actually, according to these people:

Certainly not the most optimal choice, but has worked in the past.