• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

I want to buy a PDW—What takes the cake?

Build a 7" 300blk. Mine fits in a laptop size briefcase and is effective to 275 yards (before falling below the 1300fps expansion limit for the 110gr Barnes TSX).
i-T9ggQ4C-L.png

Hey guys,

For whatever reason I’ve been bit by the PDW bug. I have a 12” 5.56 LMT SBR along with several other lmt chassis that could be SBR’d but I want something a little different. Intent of use: self defense. Potential big game hunting <100yds but very unlikely in my AO. It needs to be really small with easy suppressor compatibility.

Pertinent info:
1. I have a .45 handgun (g21)
2. I don’t have a 300bo
3. I do reload but don’t plan to reload for this gun.
4. I have multiple 9mm glocks
5. An AR platform PCC is not an option.
6. Will most likely run with vfg & mrds.
7. Will probably carry in a backpack
8. Yes I understand the NFA and no that discussion has no bearing on this decision.
9. I have both .30 and .45 suppressors

Here are my options: (in order of most interest)
1. Sig MCX rattler 5.5” 300bo
2. (Tie) B&T .45
2. (Tie) LWRC Smg-45 ($3k?—fuck!)
4. Honey badger .300bo
5. Knock off mp5 in 9mm

I had a mpx pistol 3yrs ago and while fun—seems about 100% pointless knowing todays ballistic capabilities of the 556 &300.

Of the choices you laid out, I really think I would look at the MCX or something like the Honey badger, as I am not a fan of its stock, the Sugar weasel with Law folder would be really fun.

While I still have reservations about some of the stuff Sig does, I think that the MCX is a solid platform and over the past 5 years, has grown far more than say the SCAR, I think that is a really good thing for the MCX.

The Sugar weasel is a little less expensive and that difference can be used on optics or ammo or what ever.

The .45 PCC you mentioned are very cool but not sure they are worth the entry price for what they offer

The Mp5 Clone, is a roll of the dice, you are either getting the pride of Pakistan, or turkey, or a reverse engineered US gun. Cool guns and I do want to add one to the collection, but I think that I am willing to give up a little smoothness in order to get good QC and modern Ergos.

I don't know what Dochserm is drinking... If there was one weapon the USMC issued me that I could walk away with it'd hands down be one of the MP5s. Those fucking things ran like tops. Cadillacs. It's #1 on my list for F/A NFA items.

That said, I'm in the 300 blackout crowd given your list of req's. 7-8" B/O of whatever flavor in pistol or SBR form with a 5" can (Ultra 5, sandman, whatever. Doesn't make a ton of difference in a sub 300 load). Decent combo out to about 125-150yd. Drop starts to be a real thing much past 100 with subs, though.

Reactions: PBWalsh
I don't know what Dochserm is drinking... If there was one weapon the USMC issued me that I could walk away with it'd hands down be one of the MP5s. Those fucking things ran like tops. Cadillacs. It's #1 on my list for F/A NFA items.

That said, I'm in the 300 blackout crowd given your list of req's. 7-8" B/O of whatever flavor in pistol or SBR form with a 5" can (Ultra 5, sandman, whatever. Doesn't make a ton of difference in a sub 300 load). Decent combo out to about 125-150yd. Drop starts to be a real thing much past 100 with subs, though.

What you just posted explains a great deal about your opinion.

I am no longer going to comment on the MP5 here as it distracts from the OPs post.

Since you already have an SBR lower, what about an ARP 10.5” 6.8 barrel with a DA SandmanK or EA VoxK? The Vox can be run DT and would help keep OAL down. Plenty of power for your hunting needs and more down range performance than both 5.56 and 300BLK

Noveske has and continues to be quality meeting cringe marketing. Their stuff is nice and works when it comes down to it but there are cheaper items out there that preform the same made by companies that don’t spend as much on IG videos.

However their PDW is hot. I like it better than the Honey Badger.

Reactions: Halfnutz
Noveske has and continues to be quality meeting cringe marketing. Their stuff is nice and works when it comes down to it but there are cheaper items out there that preform the same made by companies that don’t spend as much on IG videos.

However their PDW is hot. I like it better than the Honey Badger.
Still miss that guy. What a loss, but his team has kept the edge in absentia..

Later

Funny, everyone that has one says they don't work. They look cool as shit and all but just don't function and a PDW can be anything but it's gotta be reliable or it fails the PD part.
Hmm not sure whom everyone is but I have one and mine has shot everything I have put in it including white box Winchester 230gr ..... just saying based on the 500ish rounds I have put thru it so far I like the feel and the 100% function.