• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Range Report Introducing "Shooter", ballistics for Android!

Re: Introducing "Shooter", ballistics for Android!

This is an amazing app and just what I was looking for. Thanks for your work Sean. This makes my Droid complete. Like I said great work.

For those without an Android device and wanting to take a look at the functions of the program Sean wrote, here is a quick run through of the program screens:

Opening screen. Select the profile you want, long press to edit the profile, or hit the add profile button to add a new one.
You can name them anything you like.
shooter_start.jpg

When editing or creating a profile, you will see this. I included two images because you scroll a bit to see the whole thing.

shooter-profile-upper.jpg

...and scrolled to the lower portion....

shooter-profile-lower.jpg

Back at the start screen, you will be able to enter the prefernces menu by hitting the devices menu key, you will see this:

shooter_start-preferences-upper.jpg

and this.....

shooter_start-preferences-lower.jpg

Okay.....back to the starting screen, where you select a saved profile.
If you do select a profile it dumps you right into the solution screen:

shooter-solution-upper.jpg

...and the lower portion of that screen.....

shooter-solution-lower.jpg

I think my favorite "cool" feature is the alternate angular-system results in smaller fonts.
The one you chose in the profile is the one that is displayed in the large font. This means it's different for each profile......in the event you use mils on one rifle and MOA or IPHY on another.

If you want a range table, hit the range table button and you can scroll through all ranges, down or up, depending on how you set your peferences.....from 0 to the solution you asked for on the solution screen.......

shooter-solution-range-table.jpg

Of course the range table only displays your preference of angular system because of the limited space.

At the solution screen, if you hit the "Calc" button next to "Distance", you see this......

shooter-solution-ranging.jpg

It defaults to IPHY here because of my profile, but you can easily switch to other linear and angular systems with the buttons on the right.

...and if you hit the "Get" button next to "Angle" you see this......

shooter-solution-read-angle.jpg

If the author is looking for a feature to add, a useful one would be to include entry of the change of muzzle velocity with temperature. That could be done either with a table, or simply a single number which is change of MV per degree.

Sean;
I hope you don't mind, just figured those who are considering an Android device would like to see more of your fine program.
I didn't know a good way to shrink them down to a more screen-friendly size. I used Eclipse and captured those shots directly from my phone via USB. Neat feature that.

Lindy's suggestion is a great one I had not thought of.
This data would be best placed in each profile since it is particular to the load. I would think this would mean giving a velocity figure for a particular temp and then providing the speed differential for a give temp change....the more entries of the latter making the data more refined. Perhaps a table would be simpler, mathmatically.....trying to turn a few odd pieces of data into a function could be a challenge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would think this would mean giving a velocity figure for a particular temp and then providing the speed differential for a give temp change.</div></div>

Yep - and you also need to specify the temperature at which the supplied muzzle velocity is correct. Below is the Preset screen from Field Firing Solutions, as an example.

To calculate that, you measure the muzzle velocity at two temperatures. Then the differential is just:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Code:</div><div class="ubbcode-body ubbcode-pre" ><pre>
MV at high temp - MV at low temp
Differential = ---------------------------------------
high temp - low temp
</pre></div></div>

sshot003.jpg

I was fishing for more info by demonstrating my ignorance.
It worked.
You are so easily manipulated, Lindy!
laugh.gif

Thank you, sir.
Honestly I have not spent enough time noting speed differentials to pretend to know how much it changes, just that it does change.

I would have guessed that is not a simple function of a given speed change per degree, would think it was a more complex curve based on temp, powder, primer, cartridge, barrel.....but then I don't have your experience. I take it your experience tells you that the simplistic entry method in that screenshot has proved precise enough for you?

Sean;
Lindy's example above points out something else that has not been considered, though I meant to bring it up before......

The atmospheric condidtions and velocity at the time of zeroing.
That is important data with or without including speed variation based on temp.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I take it your experience tells you that the simplistic entry method in that screenshot has proved precise enough for you?</div></div>

Yes.

There are many factors involved in the change of muzzle velocity with temperature, and there are limits to what we can do.

For example, see:

http://shootingsoftware.com/ftp/Pressure%20Factors.pdf

and

http://www.snipershide.com/UserFiles/Image/articles/powder_primer_temp_experiment_2.pdf

But there are enough uncertainties in any ballistic calculation - see Sources of Ballistic Program Inaccuracies - that we're never going to make a perfect prediction.

Good enough is what gets you close enough on the first shot to make the second one hit the target.

Excellent links as always, Lindy.
Thank you very much!

One could wind up entering a few dozen data points of different types to achieve a "more correct" solution....hence your last statement in that post.

Sean is the author of this program so it is up to him what he includes.

At this point it would be nice to see profile entries for temp and velocity at time of zeroing, along with the allowance for multiple temp/velocity combinations much like the variable BC entry system he has already included. This would allow each user to include as much data as they wish; with precision proportional to the number of data points one wishes to enter.

What do you think of that, Sean?

1) Please check the following article at http://www.longrangehunting.com/articles/ballistics-temperature-velocity-1.php

2) A simple linear approach, as the one suggested has many drawbacks.

3) Things are not that simple. Especially under diverse environments

4) A linear approach is only “good enough” for a very limited set of KDP that must be close enough. Otherwise, that approach will yield a lot of errors. On the other hand, a linear method will never match the original MV for a given Temperature.

5) Simplicity is fine, only when the results are fine…

This is why I brought up the idea of allowing for multiple temp/velocity data points.......the user entering as many tested points as he/she knows, with linear progression assumed between any two points on either side of the "unknown" that is the current condition.
This would add accuracy in direct proportion to the number of data points entered.

I am sure that BC progression is not linear. Does any publicly available program take this into account?

My experience has been that shooting at low temperatures causes SDs to expand, so then you start dealing with even more uncertainty about the muzzle velocities of a given shot.

So, given the other uncertainties about shots outside 700 yards, I don't worry much about a more accurate method of compensating for muzzle velocity changes due to temperature.

Also, given how few people are going to even bother doing testing at enough temperatures to establish whether that curve is linear or not, building a method into the software to compensate for non-linearities seems like a waste of time.

However, it's not going to be my time which gets wasted. I retired more than a decade ago from software development, and I intend to remain so.
laugh.gif

We shall see what Sean has to say about it. Zeroing data would be a good start.

So you won't be coming out of retirement to drag my dumb ass through learning JAVA?
laugh.gif
I am feeling like a total idiot stumbling my way through the simplest of program examples in the Android SDK that Sean got me to load. I feel quite stupid, more so than usual.

I seriously doubt whether anyone would want to pay me enough money to convince me to come out of retirement to do that.

Jacob pays me thirty-five cents per hour for work around the range, but I'm anticipating a raise any day now...
laugh.gif

If that's all you are worth on the range I am sure I can double your wages. I will take pity on you. Just imagine how rewarding it would be to teach an idiot to program, and tucking away $1.00 an hour while you are at it! It will do wonders for your self-esteem. I'll even feed you and provide the vino.....no more scrounging in the dumpsters for Franks Red-bull cans to recycle so you can get a bottle of Boones Farm.

Just think about it.

I was actually just thinking about the need for atmospheric input at time of sight-in just today.

In order for this to be the most accurate, wouldn't I also need to know the atmospheric conditions for the BC value you got from the manufacturer (or one you calculated yourself)?

So I would need to know:

1) atmosphere during initial BC calculation.
2) atmosphere during your sight in, and calculate the difference.
3) atmosphere during your current shot, and calculate difference again.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

The most important thing to know about a ballistic coefficient is the speed at which it is valid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...the drag coefficients of bullets are different at all speeds.</div></div>

-- Bryan Litz, <span style="font-style: italic">Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting</span>

Bryan's book is a reference you might find useful.

My opinion about sight-in conditions is noted above.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seankndy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was actually just thinking about the need for atmospheric input at time of sight-in just today.

In order for this to be the most accurate, wouldn't I also need to know the atmospheric conditions for the BC value you got from the manufacturer (or one you calculated yourself)?

So I would need to know:

1) atmosphere during initial BC calculation.
2) atmosphere during your sight in, and calculate the difference.
3) atmosphere during your current shot, and calculate difference again.

Correct me if I'm wrong. </div></div>

1) Compensating the Path curve, to account for the different atmosphere encountered during Sight-In conditions and current Field Conditions, requires much more than the difference in the Air Density Ratio.

2) It’s NOT a simple arithmetic difference as suggested.

3) I encourage you to develop that feature, every Long Range program worth its salt, must include it. Otherwise they are lesser solutions.

4) The difference due to that effect can be very important at longer ranges and varying conditions. For example when going from a sea-level range to a mountain range.

5) BC numbers to be accurate and useful MUST ALWAYS be referenced to Standard Conditions, ICAO or Army. And that standard must be noted. Problem is a good number of bullet manufacturers do not specify which standard are they referencing to.

6) Of course, that “referencing” of the actual number must be applied once the BC was established for the current atmospheric conditions under it was measured.

I cannot help with the details since I’m not a programmer, but you might contact other developers for some guidelines. Some will help for sure.

I just uploaded a *very* small update. I haven't had a lot of time to work on the app lately.

The update puts the profile name up in the title after you select it as well as a new option in the preferences to choose how you want your solution displayed: below inputs or a pop-up dialog. Also a fix in the display of Range Table when your profile's correction unit is set to Mils.

I am already noticing that some large solution numbers don't fit nicely in the pop-up when in portrait mode on my phone, small annoyance, so I will probably need to bump down text size just a bit there in the next update.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eaglet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cannot help with the details since I’m not a programmer, but you might contact other developers for some guidelines. Some will help for sure.</div></div>

Thanks for your response. It's not so much other *programmers* input than it is someone who understands the math that needs done.

Thanks, Sean!

One small request from the feeble-minded.....
Can there be a confirmation on profile delete?
I was editing a profile and got a lesson in how easy it is to hit the "Delete" button since it is adjoined to the "Edit" button.
laugh.gif

Man, it got quiet...

I just released another small upgrade that beautifies the trajectory table... also fixed the degrees symbol which was showing up funny on some phones. Let me know if any of the degrees symbols are effed up still on your phones.

I am wanting to work on some new bigger features, just haven't found the time yet. I will get there.

Sean,

It's amazing the improvements you've been making.

Is your website with the source down? And does it use any versioning software like subversion? I have the 1.5 source and am still fiddling with it but I had an idea for weather readings...

I spent some time trying to find weather apps that give the most data that can be used with your app. I settled on Weatherbug. They have an API to work with their data... My idea is to use the phone's GPS location to find weather and automatically fill in the required data. If this sounds feasible I can start playing around with the API and your source code.

Thanks for this app!
- Trey

Just released version 2.6.

Changes:

- Screen timeout is now disabled on the data input/solution/trajectory table
- You can now view trajectory table in both portrait/landscape. Portrait mode obviously has much smaller text.
- You can now get automatic atmosphere inputs using GPS and weather service. Enable this option in the preferences.

The GPS feature is the brand-new feature and I expect there to be some bugs, please just let me know if you run into any and I'll fix them.

It's currently using the wunderground.com XML API to pull weather data which in turn is just getting data from the nearest weather station.

Very nice job. It is especially good since you allowed editing of load. The only thing I can't figure out is if on settings one picks every 100 yards, why does the table still give every one yard? I must be missing something.

It's only every yard for the ranges that are close to the range you entered in the previous screen. If you scroll down you will see that the rest is in the increment you selected.
Example:
I asked for a 1000 yard solution with the table set to 25 yard increments. I got a table of 1000 to 975 in 1 yard increments and the balance of the table from 975 down to 0 was in 25 yard increments.

Thanks Rafael. It seems a bit unintuitive that when the yardage is set to 100 and range to 1000, one has to scroll down 100 numbers to get the 100 yard increments from 900 to 100. But maybe that is just me.

Well I finally quit my smartphone (actually it quit me) and got an android. It's so much better than the WM, there's just no comparison.

The ease with which I've been able to do things with it is just scary including linking the blue-tooth to my truck, playing music, and downloading this awesome program. It's hard to believe it's free. As other have commented, I'd have been happy to pay for it.

Here are some observations from a fellow ballistics programmer:

1) The first thing I always do with a new program is input a known set of inputs and see if the output matches that of established/trusted programs. This one is very close, but I notice that it's a little fast (meaning more retained velocity at range and less drop). It's only a couple inches at 1000 yards, but it does make me curious about the solver and atmospherics. What solution method did you use?

2) Atmospherics is a separate question. Did you use the ASM or ICAO model? I hope you used ICAO, because it's a more updated model, and it's what most bullet companies correct their BC's for. Only Barnes Hornady and Sierra still use ASM, everyone else (Berger, Lapua, Nosler, Norma, Ruag and RWS) uses ICAO. There's about a ~1.7% difference in the standard air density between these two models. Mismatching the atmosphere effectively causes a 1.7% error in BC. Since your fields default to 29.53 inHg and 78% humidity when there's no GPS signal, I assume you're using ASM. I suggest including an option to select which standard atmosphere model is used so that users can match it to the atmosphere which the BC is corrected for.

3) The program is 100% adequate for solutions up to 1000 yards, which is beyond where most shooters 'max-out' practically. However, there are some additional ballistic effects you can provide the option to account for like spin drift (will require bullet length and spin rate/direction in addition to inputs that already exist) and coriolis effect (will require latitude and azimuth. Latitude can be obtained from the GPS, but I don't think the phone can find direction, can it?)

Adding the option to account for those 'second order' effects, and addressing the atmosphere/BC match will greatly improve the programs capability past 1k. <span style="text-decoration: underline">Good news is the math for these effects is relatively easy.</span> The formulas for coriolis and spin drift (it's just an approximation Lindy
smile.gif
) are published in my book.

4) I would like to see a 'correction factor' to account for the fact that sight adjustments aren't perfect on all scopes. For example, if I move my scope 30 MOA, and the POI only moves 28.5 MOA or 32.4 MOA (errors like this are quite common) how do you use the 'pure' MOA solution? The correction factor would be a 'profile' variable.

5) Regarding the debate about weather to include 'sight-in' conditions... It's a good policy to work from a 100 yard zero. If you do that, I don't think you need to identify or account for the sight in conditions. There will be those who don't understand this and work from 600 yard zero's or something like that. For them it is necessary to know the sight-in conditions because the bullet travels thru so much atmosphere to get to it's zero range, and the atmosphere would affect the zero significantly. I guess this is a policy decision. If you want to enable shooters to do it the hard way, then you can add the capability. Personally, I would just encourage shooters to work from a 100 yard zero.

6) One more suggestion. I notice you don't have a bullet library. If you do consider adding a bullet library containing caliber, weight, BC and length (for a possible spin drift capability), I'll extend the same offer to you as I have extended to Brad (JBM) and the developer of the popular BulletFlight app for the iPhone. You can use my measured BC's in a bullet library. The values are very accurate and are referenced to the G7 standard (where appropriate). The inclusion of my measured BC's in both of the above mentioned programs is considered by their developers and users to be an important asset to the programs accuracy as opposed to using manufacturers advertised BC's. You can read some of Brad's (developer of JBM) comments about BC here. All I ask is that you do not make the numeric BC's visible to the user. The reason is because those BC's are a great part of the value of my book and if someone is able to get them all in a free app, I'm frankly worried they'll be less inclined to buy the book! If you are interested in incorporating my BC's into a bullet library, and/or adding coriolis and spin drift effects, I'll be happy to donate a copy of my book for your use.

The above are my thoughts on possible improvements, but that's not to say the program isn't terrific 'as-is'. The interface is attractive an intuitive. The whole think is very well thought out and organized (thanks in part to the suggestions of some on this thread).

Thank you for offering this program and being so engaged with it's users on the development.

Best,
-Bryan

Wow it is a privilege to get input and help from someone with your credentials, Bryan.

I can't get into detail right now because I'm at work, I just wanted to say thank you for your input and I am very interested in what you have to offer. I'll answer your questions about the program soon.

Thanks again!

Bryan,

Again, thanks for your input. It is very much valued.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bryan Litz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1) The first thing I always do with a new program is input a known set of inputs and see if the output matches that of established/trusted programs. This one is very close, but I notice that it's a little fast (meaning more retained velocity at range and less drop). It's only a couple inches at 1000 yards, but it does make me curious about the solver and atmospherics. What solution method did you use?</div></div>
I am using the GNU External Ballistics Library for calculations. Have you ever heard of it? I've too have noticed differences compared to other ballistics calculators like JBM, and I found it to be caused by exactly what you're saying -- too fast. I think the key here is that JBM has a "chronograph distance" input value whereas Shooter takes to mean that whatever you enter for muzzle velocity is exactly what it is out of the muzzle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bryan Litz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2) Atmospherics is a separate question. Did you use the ASM or ICAO model? I hope you used ICAO, because it's a more updated model, and it's what most bullet companies correct their BC's for. Only Barnes Hornady and Sierra still use ASM, everyone else (Berger, Lapua, Nosler, Norma, Ruag and RWS) uses ICAO. There's about a ~1.7% difference in the standard air density between these two models. Mismatching the atmosphere effectively causes a 1.7% error in BC. Since your fields default to 29.53 inHg and 78% humidity when there's no GPS signal, I assume you're using ASM. I suggest including an option to select which standard atmosphere model is used so that users can match it to the atmosphere which the BC is corrected for.</div></div>The default for the ballistics library I am using is ASM then. Exactly what is the standard atmospheres for both ASM and ICAO? Do you actually do software programming as well? I can show you the code that calculates the standard atmosphere (and really, you can make sense of it without being a software programmer) and perhaps have you check it to make sure it is correct when I add in support for both atmospheres.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bryan Litz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3) The program is 100% adequate for solutions up to 1000 yards, which is beyond where most shooters 'max-out' practically. However, there are some additional ballistic effects you can provide the option to account for like spin drift (will require bullet length and spin rate/direction in addition to inputs that already exist) and coriolis effect (will require latitude and azimuth. Latitude can be obtained from the GPS, but I don't think the phone can find direction, can it?)

Adding the option to account for those 'second order' effects, and addressing the atmosphere/BC match will greatly improve the programs capability past 1k. <span style="text-decoration: underline">Good news is the math for these effects is relatively easy.</span> The formulas for coriolis and spin drift (it's just an approximation Lindy
smile.gif
) are published in my book.</div></div>I would really like to have the spin drift/coriolis effect calculations added in. Other ballistics calculators on the iPhone actually do calculate azimuth with their built-in compass. I believe the Droid has one as well, only certain devices would support this, of course.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bryan Litz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">4) I would like to see a 'correction factor' to account for the fact that sight adjustments aren't perfect on all scopes. For example, if I move my scope 30 MOA, and the POI only moves 28.5 MOA or 32.4 MOA (errors like this are quite common) how do you use the 'pure' MOA solution? The correction factor would be a 'profile' variable.</div></div>This is a great idea. What are some 'correction factors' you use?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bryan Litz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">6) One more suggestion. I notice you don't have a bullet library. If you do consider adding a bullet library containing caliber, weight, BC and length (for a possible spin drift capability), I'll extend the same offer to you as I have extended to Brad (JBM) and the developer of the popular BulletFlight app for the iPhone. You can use my measured BC's in a bullet library. The values are very accurate and are referenced to the G7 standard (where appropriate). The inclusion of my measured BC's in both of the above mentioned programs is considered by their developers and users to be an important asset to the programs accuracy as opposed to using manufacturers advertised BC's. You can read some of Brad's (developer of JBM) comments about BC here. All I ask is that you do not make the numeric BC's visible to the user. The reason is because those BC's are a great part of the value of my book and if someone is able to get them all in a free app, I'm frankly worried they'll be less inclined to buy the book! If you are interested in incorporating my BC's into a bullet library, and/or adding coriolis and spin drift effects, I'll be happy to donate a copy of my book for your use.</div></div>This would be awesome and I am very interested in adding a bullet library to the program. I would like to add yours in addition to as many factory loads as I can. I would definitely be willing to hide the BCs from the user's view for being able to use the data.

I am not a ballistics guru by any means, I have taken an interest to it recently and I've developed this program off of the pre-made GNU External Ballistics Library (GEBL). The GEBL is certainly lacking in some areas such as no support for spin drift, coriolis effect or taking into account chronograph distance. I think these things can be added fairly easily though, especially with your advice and instruction.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the key here is that JBM has a "chronograph distance" input value whereas Shooter takes to mean that whatever you enter for muzzle velocity is exactly what it is out of the muzzle.</div></div>
I know what you're talking about here, but it's not why I see a discrepancy b/c I made sure I was dealing with true MV. It will be best to address the atmospherics before looking any further into the solution method. If we're sure the air density is the same and results are still different, then it will be time to look at the solution method.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The default for the ballistics library I am using is ASM then. Exactly what is the standard atmospheres for both ASM and ICAO? Do you actually do software programming as well? I can show you the code that calculates the standard atmosphere (and really, you can make sense of it without being a software programmer) and perhaps have you check it to make sure it is correct when I add in support for both atmospheres.</div></div>
You can find the mathematical models for both ASM and ICAO in Robert McCoy's: Modern Exterior Ballistics. I can share a short script with you that calculates air density based on temp, press, and hum according to the ICAO model. You can add this as an optional atmosphere model if you choose.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would really like to have the spin drift/coriolis effect calculations added in. Other ballistics calculators on the iPhone actually do calculate azimuth with their built-in compass. I believe the Droid has one as well, only certain devices would support this, of course.</div></div>
PM me your mailing address and I'll send you one of my books which includes the simple formulas for coriolis and spin drift as well as the BC data.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a great idea. What are some 'correction factors' you use?</div></div>
It varies for different scopes. Low quality, inexpensive scopes can have as much as 20% error, requiring a correction factor from ~.80 to 1.2. Leopold 'class' scopes typically have much less error, but 5% isn't uncommon. As far as I know, Nightforce is the only brand that I've never heard of a correction factor being required. Their adjustments are reliably 1:1. I've got no experience with USO, but I would suspect that given the price and 'class' of optic that is, they probably are on the money too.

Can you point me to the GEBL? I've heard of it but have never looked into it.

Please PM me your mailing address so I can send you a book and I'll also share that ICAO air density code with you. I'm also interested in seeing the ASM code you're working with so I can see how 'compatible' the two are in terms of units, input/output.

-Bryan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">seankndy, I just got a droid and have been playing with it. Thanks a ton for the work you have put into this.
Next time you need some rings or something give me a shout, would like to pay you back.. </div></div>
heatseekins,

Thanks! I may have to hit you up on that offer sometime soon
wink.gif

Is there a way i can get the table to show a further distance than what i set the distance to. I would like to set the distance to 800yds but have the table go a couple hundred yards past. ?

Also is the "automatic atmosphere" set up to update itself? how do i set this?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a way i can get the table to show a further distance than what i set the distance to. I would like to set the distance to 800yds but have the table go a couple hundred yards past. ? </div></div>
There isn't that capability. I am currently working on a new "solution" screen where you will be able to tweak distance/wind/wind angle, but as far as the trajectory table goes.. if you want up to 1k, you'd have to put that in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also is the "automatic atmosphere" set up to update itself? how do i set this? </div></div>
It will update whenever it gets a new fix from the satellite. So if you stay in the exact same spot on the earth, it won't update the weather automatically as the weather changes... you'd need to move location or go back to the profile selection screen and then re-enter the input screen. Perhaps I will add a feature to automatically update the weather every 10min as well.

The program can double as a weather app, if you want to know conditions, just open it up and click on a profile! :p

I, and most of the other users, agree.
If not for a very few who must be easily confused.....Sean has received 5 out of 5 stars in every reveiw in the Android Market.

It's really a 6 out of 5, but the damn market won't let me give it a 6....stupid friggin Market rating-system!
laugh.gif

The fact that it's $9.99 is amazing.
If this app cost $40.00, I would still be suggesting it.