• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Night Vision IRay RH25 Micro video/picture thread

Ok, your mount definitely looks a bit different. Who exactly did you buy from?
When you compare with photos of authentic mounts, the surface on yours is duller. Also it's missing the brass washers between the hinges. Compare with here: https://ultimatenightvision.com/wilcox-ir-patrol-skeetir-utm-flip-to-side-weapon-mount-black/
The fact that yours doesn't latch closed is because you bought the magnifier version that doesn't come with a latch. Only the versions of the SkeetIR thermal mount (that flip to the right side when mounted in front of your optic) come with the additional latch mechanism.
That’s explains it. I bought mine from Armorwerx on Amazon. I knew fully it was a clone and not authentic. I just didn’t know what I was looking for at the time of purchase and didn’t pay attention to the locking mechanism.

Reactions: st1650
I just ordered the RH25 + AC52 and AC36 mounts bundle from Goblin Tactical. Should be in tomorrow - will post pics.

This will get mostly used as a handheld paired with my current WP RNVG. The plan is to run it on my 11.5" in front of a T2 on a 1.93 Scalarworks mount and G33 magnifier when in clip on mode.

Reactions: jdnoble
The good news is that I have all the necessary paperwork in place and will be working with a professional shipper next week to finally get this stuff into the US.
And we've also already started on the second batch of these.

Last edited:
Got my SBR late last night and I’m out of town for the next 5 days but initial impressions are very positive… it truly is what the ADM pictail should have been.

So, I’m looking into a first thermal for some coyote hunting in my area. Seems a RH25 in front of an LVPO is a good setup. I’ve been reading the forums and researching. Anyone want to talk me out of this and have a better setup for walking about and transitioning to weapon? Seems I would need the RH25, the pic-rail, and a mount for my helmet.

So, I’m looking into a first thermal for some coyote hunting in my area. Seems a RH25 in front of an LVPO is a good setup. I’ve been reading the forums and researching. Anyone want to talk me out of this and have a better setup for walking about and transitioning to weapon? Seems I would need the RH25, the pic-rail, and a mount for my helmet.
I have gone down this path and don’t recommend it. Is it doable? Sure. But you are WAY better off getting a cheap scanner and a cheap weapon mounted thermal rather than use one unit for both.

I’d rather buy a used Iray FH35R for a scanner and then a Rix S3 for a weapon mounted thermal.

Jesus.. Any other QD mounts for the device available in Europe? I'm mainly gonna use it handheld but want the option to put it on a rifle quickly. Don't care about helmet mounting at the moment.

That's exactly what I need, thanks!

Update: I checked with the manufacturer and those two german parts are in fact compatible, but it requires that you remove a little material from the QD mount.
I'll just get the QD mount for now since I don't have a helmet.

Last edited:
IMG_6879.png

Has anyone used this J-Arm? I only plan to use one RH25, no NV either. This seems to be the lightest option.