• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Jessie Ventura In court suing Chris Kyle's family

If you have ever spent a week in a hung jury, you would realize it nothing but a reality game show. We hated each other so much we would make up questions just to get out of the room

I do wonder about the logic of Ventura's argument. Surely "I am the asshole who sued the widow of an American hero killed tragically" is a much larger ding to his reputation than "a guy claimed he punched me out in a bar fight".

Cant say I know enough about this case to really have an opinion other than the superficial reaction of he is a dill weed. In terms of juries the phrase ' if it does not fit, you MUST acquit' comes to mind.

Given what JV has said about this it seems like a his honorable actions might include:

1. not take the money now that he has proven his point
2. take it and donate the full amount to the Wounded Warrior project

If its not reversed upon appeal I suspect he will go on a spending spree in the feminine protection section of the local supermarket.

Not sure how to comment on this one. Are all of you pissed because he took the wife to court or are you pissed because he won or are you pissed because you just don't like the guy in general. Obviously there is more behind the scenes than what we are privy to as he was awarded almost 2 mil. If many of you where in the same situation, what would you have done. Taken the estate and spouse to court to clear your name or just suck it up and possibly live with the lie. Not saying one selection is better than the other or that Chris lied or Jessie lied, just appears to be a lot of people here jumping on the hate wagon without giving any reason other than you don't like the guy.

What the fuck Hairball, this is a good old fashioned hate someone for no good reason thread. You come in here with your logic and reason just trying to think this over. Shame on you sir for not jumping on the ignorant shit slinger bandwagon.

:) :) Just trying to keep an open mind as I don't have a dog in this fight and I am quite sure no one else does either but it appears as though many are just pissed because he went after CK (who they see as sniper royalty) for a disagreement between these two guys. Might be interesting to see if there are any folks here that jump off the CK wagon if it is determined that the claim was fictitious or if they will stick to their "well the guys still an ass regardless" position. Hopefully the truth will eventually come out but right now the odds have switched to JV's favor.

areqyjes.jpg

Posted via Tapatalk HD for iPad

:) :) Just trying to keep an open mind as I don't have a dog in this fight and I am quite sure no one else does either but it appears as though many are just pissed because he went after CK (who they see as sniper royalty) for a disagreement between these two guys. Might be interesting to see if there are any folks here that jump off the CK wagon if it is determined that the claim was fictitious or if they will stick to their "well the guys still an ass regardless" position. Hopefully the truth will eventually come out but right now the odds have switched to JV's favor.

I guess Chris Kyle should have stuck to stories about john woo style shootouts at gas stations and gunning down Iraqi women instead of stories about punching old men in bars. I read Kyle's book, he was a glory hound. He reveled in killing "evil" and "savage" Iraqi's. Look at luttrells book. He speaks of combat and killing, but he also speaks of the human nature of his enemies. After reading his book I had a much better view of the people we were both fighting and protecting.

Do I disrespect Chris Kyle's military career or his other activities, no. Should he have punched Ventura in the face for taking shit? Yes. Did that actually happen? Idk.

If you haven't been there shut your fucking cocksucker. Pisses me off seeing the Jessie goatfuck. And that means I haven't head the last word of this BS but I am not gonna let the media decide it for me, so fuck off.

Last edited:
Are all of you pissed because he took the wife to court

Yes.

or are you pissed because he won or are you pissed because you just don't like the guy in general.
I did not mind him before this Lawsuit.

Obviously there is more behind the scenes than what we are privy to as he was awarded almost 2 mil.

If many of you where in the same situation, what would you have done. Taken the estate and spouse to court to clear your name or just suck it up and possibly live with the lie.

No two situations are ever exactly the same, nor were any of us their to see what happened. However let us consider what we do know. Jessie has made other public comments about the Iraq war that indicate that he probably felt the way Chris claimed he spoke. Whatever Jessie may have been in his youth, if you look at him today it is not hard to see that a punch properly delivered by a fit man to the proper location could have put him down. If you have ever been where SEAL's hang out and drink you probably know it does not take much to start a fight. When SEAL's get in a bar fight their is not a lot of mouthing off and posturing, once sufficiently offended a SEAL simply attacks with sufficient force to win the encounter. He does not have to watch his back, He has teammates for that. I was not their, but when I used to drink in bars I have seen encounters finished with one punch while other bar patrons were unaware that anything had happened.

Still to honestly answer your question in the past when someone has said something nasty and untrue about me I have simply waited. It did not take long for everyone to realize which of us was the buffoon. I guess in the interest of full disclosure I never had cause to feel another Man's slander had cost me a job.

Not saying one selection is better than the other or that Chris lied or Jessie lied, just appears to be a lot of people here jumping on the hate wagon without giving any reason other than you don't like the guy.
If Jessie takes one dollar and walks away He will get a lot of my respect back.

Last edited:
As a Minnesota resident, this decision is embarrassing. Regardless of whether the story was embellished, Jesse should have dropped the suit after Chris was murdered. He has been a washed-up has-been for a long time and was considered a loony by most after he left office as governor. Over half of the population of the state lives in a 7 county area that makes up Minneapolis and St Paul, which makes it difficult for the people who actually think before they vote to elect middle to right of center candidates. It is definitely a liberal state that will continue to send left leaning loonies to Washington. There are still good, hard working people in the state that enjoy hunting and shooting, but you need to get away from the population base to find most of them.

So I guess in the end 11 witnesses made up sea stories... Maybe I am naïve but I have a hard to believing that they would be compelled to testify if that was the case.

I'm puzzled about all this too. I keep reading about the 11 witnesses who testified on behalf of Kyle but have read little to nothing about how their testimony was discredited (it must have been) or anything about witnesses for Ventura.

My understanding is that defamation is a very difficult thing to prosecute and win. This is particularly true with a celebrity with as checkered a past as Ventura. I've read that the judge reminded the jury multiple times that the burden of proof was on the plaintiff (Ventura). In spite of all that, Ventura won.

I can only assume that there are facts about the case or testimony that we've not heard about.

Jesse should have ignored the whole incident, no one would remember. Right Wrong of Indifferent, going after a Gold Star Wife hurt him more then anything Kyle could put in his book.

I read the book a couple times, never gave any consideration to the bar scene until Jesse filed suit. I'm pretty sure Im in the majority with this.

Truth or not regarding the Bar Scene, Jesse is now considered to be the greatest asshole out there, and Mrs Kyle the victim. What did he really win, and what did it cost him. $1.8 mil cannot buy Class.

Is Jesses name cleared????? No its tarnished more then ever.

I have watched a couple of post-decision interviews and I have a couple of observations:

1. He's completely rehearsed and scripted on his responses, which is to be expected from a lying shitbag politician.

2. He say's the money will pay the lawyers, but he doesn't say how much their bill is.

3. He seems to be exhibiting early signs of Parkinson's disease, with uncontrollable head shaking when he talks. Good.

You know, it is my understanding that The SpecOps brotherhood is a very tight knit group who don't take it well when one of their own is wronged. Is there a fund or organization set up where like minded persons can contribute to the Kyle family? I haven't got a lot, but I want to show my respect for Chris Kyle's service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I read the book a couple times, never gave any consideration to the bar scene until Jesse filed suit. I'm pretty sure Im in the majority with this.

Truth or not regarding the Bar Scene, Jesse is now considered to be the greatest asshole out there, and Mrs Kyle the victim. What did he really win, and what did it cost him. $1.8 mil cannot buy Class.

Is Jesses name cleared????? No its tarnished more then ever.

This. I never gave the bar scene a second thought. Never associated with Ventura. Now, in my opinion, he has demonstrated a thin skinned personality that has ruined forever any admiration I ever had for him relating to his previous acting (*cough*) and political (*hack*) accomplishments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

He will be on the talk shows again.....briefly, which is what he wants. But then its over. FOREVER! I will protest him everywhere he publicly appears here in my state. He thought he had a bad rep before. Hahaha! I predict that after a couple of years he will off himself from humiliation. But then again he may be too selfish for even that. I think what really happened in that bar is Chris hit Jesse so hard that the shockwave gave everyone in the bar amnesia!

You know, it is my understanding that The SpecOps brotherhood is a very tight knit group who don't take it well when one of their own is wronged. Is there a fund or organization set up where like minded persons can contribute to the Kyle family? I haven't got a lot, but I want to show my respect for Chris Kyle's service.

As far as this lawsuit goes, supposedly it will be paid by an insurance company under a liability policy of the publisher's.

Beyond that, I know that Americansnipers.org is planning a rifle raffle, and that the proceeds will go the Kyle family.

4Eresf1.jpg

While I don't quite agree with suing the family of a dead man it's not like he had a choice. Since Chris is no longer alive that is.

I wasn't there so I don't know. But if someone damages my ability to make money by publishing something that hurts my reputation. I'm going to get mine back. Believe that.

This "BS" could not be buried with Kyle. Because it's not something Kyle kept to himself, he published it!

And when you publicly damage a persons reputation in this country there are ramifications. Regardless of who they are, if they
deserve it, or even if it's true or not.

If you don't like that because you think ventura is a shitbag. Well, that's besides the point in this case.

Last edited:
Agreed, but what if it comes to pass that it didn't go down that way and it was made up to embellish the book?

Anything is possible but Kyle doesn't strike me as an embellisher. I'll also add that regardless of it being true or not suing the widow of a dead man more than lacks class in my mind. Taking money from a family trying to continue life without a father is pretty lame.

Last edited: