LMT .308 MWS

Thinking about buying a Hux can for my new LMT, or just putting a BRT tube in and running my Ecco modified 762-SDN-6.

For those that have one, is the Hux can worth it and how does the rifle run with it?
I'm happy with both the HUXWRX Flow7.62 Ti and the BRT 0.086 gas tube.

With the BRT 0.086 gas tube, the factory LMT buffer spring and a 1 oz buffer, the rifle functions without issues when shooting both unsuppressed and suppressed with the FLOW 7.62 Ti.

I'm able to use this same combination when shooting both 20" .308 and a 24" 6.5 Creedmoor barrels.

The HUXWRX Flow 7.62 Ti does not change the ejection pattern when shooting either calibers. In my case the shells are ejected at 4 o'clock and tossed about 5-6 feet.

@unclemoak what’s the speed difference you’re seeing between your 14.5 and 16 in Creedmoor barrels?

They all sold before I had a chance to even shoot one.

I will say there’s only like 90fps difference between my 14.5” mrgg-a and a factory 20”

Okay, so long story short, I bought an LMT MWS quad rail in 2017. Sold it a year later to help fund my wife’s engagement ring. (I don’t regret that decision, I got her the ring of her dreams and she is the kind of wife every man dreams of. She asks for very little and I’m glad she got the ring she wanted.)

Anyway, life got busy, work got crazy, kids, all the stuff. I have been out of the shooting world pretty well since about 2020. I have off and on always said I wanted another large frame AR, with the LMT being the top of my want list.

With current political stuff I decided if I was ever gonna get one, I better do it now. So I ordered a MARS-H 16” 308 from Titan Defense and am excited to get an LMT back in my hands.

So my question is, I’m wanting to set it up as a DMR rifle, as I already have a nice long range bolt gun. A DMR type setup, capable of 300-500ish yards would be perfect for coyotes in the fall while farming.

Since I have been out so long, my head is spinning as to what my best options are for scopes and suppressors.

For optics I’m looking at scopes in the 3-18ish power range. Two stand outs to me seem to be the Leupold MK4 or Eotech Vudu.

Suppressors is where I really get lost. I am kind of looking at the Q Thunder Chicken or Trash Panda, but I don’t really have a solid reason why other than one YouTube video I watched that was the can he had on his LMT. I’m wanting something that I can also put on my 5.56 ARs as well, so preferably not overly long or bulky. Just something to make it a reasonable amount quieter, and hopefully not make me eat too much gas.

When I first got into long range shooting at 17 years old, this site helped me out a lot. Now many years later I am once again feeling like a beginner asking for suggestions. So fire away!
Do some research on pewscience for suppressors. That’s the best place to get a feel for what’s currently out there. Do be aware that Jay’s test host for .308 is a bolt gun, so pay close attention to what he calls the Omega metric; that’s the back pressure value. It’ll be important for gas guns. Take a look at Specters CAT JL or the PTR Vent 1 for the latest in tech and highest performance.