M40 scope base project by LRI

Sorta off topic, @Belvedere you should have the m c escher print as your profile pic.
e12_1.jpg

Reactions: Belvedere
i didn't type that sir..apparently my post was deleted and switched to that.
Got it, i looked back at the email. , you are correct. Looks like you posted a comment that a mod interpreted as a wtb ad (you need a paid membership for px exchange) And the mod changed your post as a warning.

I apologize for the miscommunication and misunderstanding.

You know what they say about assuming. “You make an ass of you and me” 🤣

From LRI directly.
Interesting. I talked to them on Friday and no one mentioned anything. We discussed some other parts, but no updates on the A1 mounts. That sucks if it's going to take a year, but LRI has been ridiculously busy and they're training in some new guys right now.

I couldn't wait any longer so bought two repro mounts from ICE. It's a shame as I've been following this thread since the beginning and will likely still buy some when they emerge but my project rifles have already been waiting years and I'm not getting any younger 😐

I couldn't wait any longer so bought two repro mounts from ICE. It's a shame as I've been following this thread since the beginning and will likely still buy some when they emerge but my project rifles have already been waiting years and I'm not getting any younger 😐
Me too... I'd still probably buy one or two... but my rifle will be done early October... I found a Redfield SA mount and rings on Ebay last night for $15 so I snagged it for now so I can mount my Unertl when I get the rifle back.

Reactions: James446
There's a thread about them from ICE on here somewhere that explains how they're made. They made a run of 10 and I got two of them. I spoke to them a week ago and they said they're open to making more if there's interest. Drop them an email, as they're geared up for it and I have to say I'm really impressed with them

Reactions: camocorvette
There's a thread about them from ICE on here somewhere that explains how they're made. They made a run of 10 and I got two of them. I spoke to them a week ago and they said they're open to making more if there's interest. Drop them an email, as they're geared up for it and I have to say I'm really impressed with them
Are those the mounts that were being made in Australia?
DW

If you look for Ignition Custom Engineering on Google you'll find their site and can see them on there

Reactions: snake31
Yeah that's the ones. Took about 3 weeks from order to delivery as they need to get an Australian DoD export permit but it was painless. Prices are in Aussie Dollarydoos and shipping wasn't bad
I was all set to get one of those, but canceled my order so I could get one from LRI instead... I guess maybe I shouldn't have done that??
DW