• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Mammoth Sniper Challenge - July 2011

Re: Mammoth Sniper Challenge - July 2011

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARPredatorHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have never even seen on TV much less been to one of these things so to say that I don't have a flippin clue is an understatement </div></div>

your not alone
smile.gif

The last Match I was at was won by Hunters who have never been to a match. So you have nothing to worry about, unless of course you don't hunt either.

Well, I do hunt a lot, and if we go to the compound bows on the targets then I might just kick a few asses in that area. Rifles, not so much.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The last Match I was at was won by Hunters who have never been to a match. So you have nothing to worry about, unless of course you don't hunt either.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARPredatorHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have never even seen on TV much less been to one of these things so to say that I don't have a flippin clue is an understatement </div></div>

You will do fine ..... you have some good shooters and some friendly folks in your squad.

If you need help I am sure if you ask DT1 he will help you in any way he can. </div></div>

Yep, there will be lots of nice, helpful folks there to assist you, just ask. GTHappy provided a very comprehensive equipment list (not sure about the glow sticks...). I'm sure magazines in cargo pockets will work nicely, don't sweat the equipment too much. Bring what Joe suggests and you'll be just fine.

The main things to bring are rifles, ammo and a good attitude. If you plan to have fun, you likely will.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARPredatorHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was only planning on bringing 3 mags and carrying those in my pants pocket.</div></div>

ARP, I've got more packs than I know what to do with. I can bring you a traditional "style" pack or I can bring you a web gear type of set up. I'm driving so it's no biggie for me to throw it in the car. I've got mag pouches and everything. Just let me know.

Edited to add:

If anyone needs anything, if I have it I'll bring it.

Mike is indeed a good man and Sobrbiker gives excellent advice. Same offer from me, if anyone is in need of a particular piece of equipment let me know (or Mike). Send me a PM. If I have it, I'll bring it for you to borrow.

Thanks Mike for the offer. I do have an Eberlestock X1 that I use from time to time to pack some gear and my bow on extended hunts. I guess it does have a gun scabbard on it too, but I normally just tuck that part up into the pack since it is of little use to my normal goings. I will just bring it even though I don't know what all I am going to put into it. I usually find that if you have room for something then you end up carrying it. I am old and fat and out of shape so I need to keep weight to a minimum.

I am going to have fun regardless. In the beginning of all this I asked Joe if I could just show up and watch the thing. He said he didn't mind me driving out there to watch. Then OSU graciously offered to let me shoot with him even though he knew that by doing so he had just sacrificed his chances. So here I go.

Joe,
For what its worth, I think it would be good to let the teams choose. It seems like the fairest way to approach it. Everyone gets to pick the stages and stategize about which stages the secondary shooter runs the primary and vice-versa.
-Ryan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: osuarchitect</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Joe,
For what its worth, I think it would be good to let the teams choose. It seems like the fairest way to approach it. Everyone gets to pick the stages and stategize about which stages the secondary shooter runs the primary and vice-versa.
-Ryan </div></div>

+1 For this thought

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Mike, you're a good guy no matter what Chiller says about you. </div></div>

I would not go that far......

Waiting to see what some of the other hider's thought about this match.. Met some great people and had fun but it wasnt what i thought it would be like..

I thought the match was good. Every match and every M.D. has their own style. I would have preferred more conventional positions but everybody shot the same stages. Fair is fair and we can't control environmentals, only correct for them. JOE did great. I was challenged.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It got a little Strange..... This was the kinda people in my squad
dave.jpg
</div></div>

Squad 3 PRIDE!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gixxerrcr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Waiting to see what some of the other hider's thought about this match.. Met some great people and had fun but it wasnt what i thought it would be like.. </div></div>

A picture is worth a thousand words....
IMG_2705.jpg

I also thoroughly enjoyed the match!

The match was well organized and ran smoothly. Stages (to me) were a nice mix of known and unknowned distances. Many makeable shots along with difference makers to seperate the crowd. Joe definitely considered and applied a lot of the feedback he received from the January match. Thanks for you hard work in putting this match on!

Congratulations to Tom and Ryan on the win! Special shout out to Mike P and Marcus H for the outstanding job RO'ing squad 2. Thanks for keeping us on track and smiling throughout the weekend.

Thanks also to the sponsors for their support and generous donations to the prize table.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.. and of course my partner Tom (taliv)for shooting with me.

Another thanks to all the match sponsors.

The biggest thanks to US Optics for sponsoring us and South West Ammo for loading outstanding ammo. I cant say enough good things about USO and South West Ammo.

Squad three... you guys rock had a blast shooting with you.

It was awesome to meet people who I have shared so many conversations with, and to see faces I havent seen in awhile.

Ryan

Squad 3 kicked ass. Knight, Taliv, good shooting. Had a great time hanging out with everyone. Didn't meet anyone I wouldn't want to meet again. RO's, great job and thanks for all the hard work so we could have a good time.

Mike, had a great time shooting with a freakin BADASS and look forward to doing it again

Dave, remember, what happens at Mammoth stays Mammoth but I would go to the doctor and get that checked out if I were you!

TEAM HONEY BADGER!

Can't say anything that hasn't already been said.

Squad 3 was a bunch of great people. Although the guy in the pink shirt made me a little nervous. Just kidding. Loved shooting with every one of them.

Thank's to the RO's for their time on this shoot. Good job guys.

Big thanks to all the sponsor's for the prizes.

I learned a lot at this shoot.

HONEY BADGERS!!!

Pimp, what we had was special, but I think you're right.

I want to congratulate Ryan and Tom for bringing home the gold. All their hard work paid off.

HONEY BADGERS!!!!

I want to thank Joe, the RO's and the sponsors for putting on a fun match.

I think he incorporated many of the suggestions received from the AAR's from the winter match.

The stages reminded me a lot of Tiger Valley (but with harder, longer shots at Mammoth) and without the IPSC style (speed divided by score or whatever) scoring they use at TV (which I don't like).

Congrat's to Ryan and Tom on the win!

I'll be back.

I would like to thanks everyone involved with this match. I had a blast and was definitely challenged. Thanks to the sponsors for your generous donations.
Special thanks to my RO's James & Katie for a safe match.

Squad 4 here is a start to all the pics I have... enjoy

2w32w0o.jpg

2hgy2i0.jpg

2dt0u3m.jpg

2ymizht.jpg

<span style="color: #FF0000">This is what it looks like when your ear plugs are tangled in your necklace </span>
eek.gif

30wrnlc.jpg

10oo83s.jpg

23r6f47.jpg

33a5l51.jpg

29mwppy.jpg