• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

MK 12 Picture & Discussion Thread

As crazy as it sounds, I have started using N140 in one of my rifles just because of availability and (the amazing part) price. Who would have thought VV would be the reasonably priced powder.

Picking up a gas tube, LPK, pistol grip and maybe a stickler today. I have an Aero lower and Geisslle NM trigger as a place holders, and my Upper recover should be here tomorrow. At that point, all the upper parts are going to my smith to build out my NSW RECCE.

If I’m going to just range queen it, it’ll wear my 2.5-10x24 NXS. If I’m going to compete with it, and NX8 1-8 at first, then maybe a mk5 HD 3-18 with a piggyback up top.

• Love
Reactions: sinister
You have a favorite load for 69s or 77s? I’m about to start loading my daily ammo off a 550, so I’m moving to 8208 and TAC.

I have run 23.2gr 8208 behind 77SMK and up to 23.8gr. At one point, the 23.8gr gave me some pressure signs, but I loaded the bullets slightly longer and they went away. It's probably pretty close to on the edge, but delivers consistent sub 3/4 MOA groups and has performed out to 800+ yards from the Mk12 Mod 1.

I would start at 23.2gr and work up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240915-083915.png
    Screenshot_20240915-083915.png
    281.6 KB · Views: 14
Anyone know I'd the a.r.m.s. 22 high rings will allow a 50mm objective to clear on a mk12 mod 0? I believe the height is 1.450". I have a 1.53 on my mid 1 and it's fine.

Working on a mod 0 and trying to plan the optics and mount. I can't bring myself to use an old outdated optic, so I am looking at the nx8 2.5-20 like on my mod 1 or a nx8 4-32.

Mail man just dropped the last of it. All I’m missing is another PRI Gas Buster, but I’m not 100% sure I’m going to use it as I plan on using this for Run and Gun, so a smaller latch helps keep the charging handle locked. (Think BCM gunfighter)

A couple weeks and there should be a new NSW-RECCE~ish rifle on the range.

IMG_6398.jpeg

Reactions: ut755ln and NHPiper