• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes More ideas for an Ideal sniper/markmans scopemount

Re: More ideas for an Ideal sniper/markmans scopem

DPMS LRT-SASS .308/.260 switch barrel rifle.

dpms_lrt-sass.jpg

Is there some reason why there isn't a price visible anywhere for these mounts? I can't find a price on your site or in this thread?

mike

You have 3 options here if the "hole" on the dove tail aren´t enough for your adjustment.

IMG_0726.jpg

Spuhr mount vs Sako three ring mount:
IMG_0730.jpg

EDIT - I might add that there is more "wobble" with Sako´s Three ring mount back and forward than with Spuhrs mount.

thanks for the pics
but the Sako is square to the lug
and the SPUHR is round and there is the threads of the screw not a good way for mating 2 parts for recoil, at least the screw should be a set screw with a non threaded part that would serve a recoil lug don't you think
and what is your aver all impression of the mount

I don´t think that I would really need to use the recoil lug on my .308, cause when you tighten the 4 screws on the side it is rock solid and feels like you are closing a vise and I seriously doubt that it will move and with the screw in place it will definitely not go anywhere.

Keep in mind that with the sako 3 ring mount you only have 2 screws locking it with two “clamps” that´s just 0.420” while the Spuhr mount has four screws with one big plate with a contact/”gripping”-area measuring 4.370” and that ought to make a difference…

And I don´t think that the sako lug has more of a “contact-area” with the dove tail since it´s “rounded” like you see at the pic, but I´m gonna test the shit out of it this weekend and report back.

Canuck.If you look carefully you see that the screw is turned down where is touches the rail.
So its not threads that acts as a recoillug against the action.

Håkan

Ranger

393 dollars does not include shipping-
I get back with more details regarding shipping and paypal.
So far I have only checked up Fedex priority costs 40 Dollars, and it takes betwen 1-3 days.

Håkan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Canuck.If you look carefully you see that the screw is turned down where is touches the rail.
So its not threads that acts as a recoillug against the action.

Ok I see but where the lug touches the screw is slotted so lest surface and weak
may be a set screw machined down would be better so no mater where it stop their will be full contact with the rifle lug

Håkan </div></div>

The screw goes down 1,9mm into the action.
The slot is 1mm.

I have fired over 1000 rounds with my .338 this way, seeing no problems, I do see the slightest wear or mark on the recoillug.

Håkan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The screw goes down 1,9mm into the action.
The slot is 1mm.

I have fired over 1000 rounds with my .338 this way, seeing no problems, I do see the slightest wear or mark on the recoillug.

Håkan </div></div>
I will take you word for it Hakan
but such a nice mount all on torx screws I think the recoil lug screw would fit nicer with the rest
and give a impression to be more solid if it was a socket one
but I am not a engineer but for looks I say again a socket would not be at odds with all the torx surrounding it
take a screw like the one on the Sako mount shown above and michine the head to fit the counter sink in your mount and the part fitting in the rifle lug turn it down to fit in this way the recoil to the base would be absorb by the countersink
portion not the screw thread portion and then turn down portion would have more strength and absolutely no wobble due to the countersink part

I have actually never considered to put a torx or an allen head stop screw there as I fell it would be to week.
The m6 stopscrew have 2,5 or a 3mm allen key, that leaves about 1mm walls around the hole as a recoillug.

I could though in the future make another solution, maybe a bigger than m6 screw in order to haveing flats milled on the screw. Maybe a screw with four flats on?
But that gives others problems like it must be locked some way and cannot just be screwed down to the bottom of the hole.

Håkan

Håkan

Thought I should contribute now that I've finally managed to install the new mount on my AI AW .308 with the Spuhr mount holding on to my S&B PM2 5-25x56 P4F - Must say the Alloy 7075-T651 feels insanely well built - I can really relate to Håkan having to put a decent amount of money just into the raw materials of this mount, my old AI 45 MOA mount is up for sale cheap after having installed this mount.

Only concern I have is that I'd rather have a 4 mm HEX for the mount attachment onto the AI dove tail, in order to be able to remove the mount without bringing more tools that I usually carry (ie a gorilla Hex-set 2-10 mm). Håkan has promised me to send replacement hex screws instead so with them installed this will be the perfect AI mount!
cool.gif

IMG_1765.jpg

IMG_1762.jpg

IMG_1761.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1750.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

do you think you will ever manufacture a cop ring that can mount an ACI? I like the cleanliness of it all but my ACI mounts on the rail and might block the bubble if i go this route. That what be perfect for my setup.

Never mind went to site and you answered my question, too beautiful now I gotta buy one. This mount is genius, less clutter and completely efficient in design +1

Canouck 4570
Here is another solution that you can get if you prefer
img4c390f8543e95.jpg

Still a screw so the user have a easy possibility to move the lug around, but with a flat recoilsurface.

But with 99,9% of the worlds scopes mounted on screwed on bases and rails, and mostly of them work ok, I cannot see the problem with the round recoillug.
The direct mounting on to the guns own rail is so much stronger than any other solution that this is really to overwork it.
All solutions with picatinnyrails screwed on to the gun, is a far weaker solution than the solution that both TRG and AI have used.
Less parts, less problems.

Håkan

Håkan

Hakan
seems you machined this set up specially to show me and offer me a solution to my saying in the thread above
I see that you really take care of your clients
SH members I raise my hat to Hakan on this
Canuck

Hi gents, as Hakan mentioned, we are the US distributor for the SPUHR product line. While the units are not up on our web site just yet, we just received our 30mm and 34mm initial mounts for pics. Give us a few weeks and we will let everyone know when we start taking orders. As you all noticed, the mounts are incredibly strong to say the least and we've been incredibly impressed with the workmanship. We have been heavily involved with SPUHR on a few other project developments so we know how painstaking thorough this line of gear is. Thanks guys. Thank you.

Vic

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey vic please let me know when you are taking orders cuz i'll put in a order at work for a few of them. thanx </div></div>

Will do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I received two of these today, and let me say,

Fit, finish, function, these mounts are awesome. I am going to do a small block on them for the site, but wow, what a great mount.

</div></div>

Agree wholeheartedly on your report.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi gents, as Hakan mentioned, we are the US distributor for the SPUHR product line. While the units are not up on our web site just yet, we just received our 30mm and 34mm initial mounts for pics. Give us a few weeks..............
Vic </div></div>

Vic, what's the status of the SPUHR mounts?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Monday, they are posting them for sale,

Here is a preview

Spuhr vid

I'll have a complete write up posted before hand </div></div>

Wow, very good video review. It sounds like many options in height and cant are going to be available. I'll have to figure out what works for a USO 1.8-10X with 30 mm tube going on the new LMT MWS that arrived this week. I'll try the Larue SPR-E I have on hand and a USO POSA mount to experiment but this new SPUHR mount looks like a realy nice, innovative new mount. I especially like the built in, changeable level; usable and well protected.

Lowlight, any idea what set up is going to work with the scope and gun listed for an 800 yard capable AR?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who has them 4-sale on monday???
How do we contact them ?? </div></div>

vic at tacticalnightvision.com. If you read the whole thread then you know they are going to be expensive, but they look to be well worth paying extra dollars for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: prbulldog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will it work for a Hensoldt 4-16x56 on a AW, or will it need to be modified like the AI mounts? </div></div>

I think it should work, why do you need to modify the AI mount to be able to use it with the Hensoldt?

Hi guys, I will be posting all the details on Monday. The pics and videos while very impressive cannot do justice on how good these mounts are and what they offer in the versatility Dept. I I have not seen a scope mount until now accommodate some specialized duties in the accessory arena all while maintaining a SOLID accurized scope mounting platform with no worries of stress related issues attaching mission critical gear. In the night vision world, this was especially impressive and valuable to us. Low Light will have his write up done soon and we will be posting additional comments on Monday with all the initial purchasing details. Thanks guys and we're pretty confident you will like what you see.

Vic

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vic, how long until you guys get the 2 piece ring set from Spuhr? </div></div>

I will also have more info on this next week.

Vic