• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

ff_6721.jpg

The brotherhood showed up last night and this morning. Sorry, no pics, we didn't have time for any.

We had a legit tornado roll through. Roofs got peeled off, cars flipped over, power poles broken in half, tons of trees blocking roads. I've never been in a war zone, but this had to look close to it. Dispatch had every Engine we own, the Truck I was on, and every Ambulance we have answering calls. We could not keep up. Chief 1 told dispatch to ask for 10 Engines from any cities that would send them. We got Engines from 9 departments, some of them 25 miles away. Technically not even what would be considered neighboring departments, as we don't share district lines. We hear them on our radios talking to our dispatchers helping us get these calls off the board. We began at 2000 hours, and I finally got to lay down at 0330. We free lanced and drove streets chainsawing trees off the streets, and removing debris so that fire apparatus could get through. We just made paths. We asked for the Cavalry and the Cavalry came. I've never met most of them, probably never will, but we are family.

Days like yesterday keeps me motivated.

Reactions: BKSSNIPER