• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1571459966979.png

F22 midsection assembly, I had to remove a thick bracket that was riveted on to a bulkhead. I was tapping on a rivet to remove it with a medium sized balpine and a punch having drilled a small hole through it allready.

Some production supervisor came flying across the floor screaming at me to stop. Said nobody gets to use a hammer on (his) air craft. Told him I didn't work for him kick rocks. Told me to go get my supervisor, again informed him of who I worked for and I don't do fetch. Kept working, good one out of over a dozen solid rivets removed.

My useless boss showed up told me to stop and return to shop, oky dokey.

A week later my boss brang me back.
3 more rivets out 2 buggered up holes, nice !

They wanted me to start since they were behind and said didn't know if the replacement part would work.

Told them I would be back monday as I had a 3 day fishing trip pre planned.
Furthermore new that the replacement part would work since I built it and the engineer copied it to print.

A little expertise and a balpine goes a long way.

F22 midsection assembly, I had to remove a thick bracket that was riveted on to a bulkhead. I was tapping on a rivet to remove it with a medium sized balpine and a punch having drilled a small hole through it allready.

Some production supervisor came flying across the floor screaming at me to stop. Said nobody gets to use a hammer on (his) air craft. Told him I didn't work for him kick rocks. Told me to go get my supervisor, again informed him of who I worked for and I don't do fetch. Kept working, good one out of over a dozen solid rivets removed.

My useless boss showed up told me to stop and return to shop, oky dokey.

A week later my boss brang me back.
3 more rivets out 2 buggered up holes, nice !

They wanted me to start since they were behind and said didn't know if the replacement part would work.

Told them I would be back monday as I had a 3 day fishing trip pre planned.
Furthermore new that the replacement part would work since I built it and the engineer copied it to print.

A little expertise and a balpine goes a long way.
What is a balpine?

The one on the left, is store bought. The middle is a 2 pound ball peen I made. The right is a 4.5 pound cross peen I made. All of them have bois d' arc (osage orange) handles. I cut the trees, off my place, milled them, and stickered them for two years. Bois d' arc laughs at Hickory.

20191019_124741.jpg

20191019_124749.jpg

Been making weld plates. I am aware I need to sweep the torch kerf off the floor. Ignore the floor.

Anvil is a 260 pound JHM Competitor made in Peaster, Texas. It will tolerate a 12# sledge. I made the anvil stand of course.

Some of my favorite tools, it does help if you know where, when, how hard, how often and when to stop using them.

View attachment 7166828
Hammers are one of the most precision of instruments in the hands of someone who knows how to use them. A predictable amount of force applied instantly to an area... is the definition of precision.

One can tell those are well-used... and well-taken-care-of!

Cheers,

Sirhr