• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

"I am the first rapper to combine rap with country music! Yippee!"

04-Lil-Nas-X-billy-ray-cyrus-Old-Town-Road-2019-billboard-1548.jpg

"Get the fuck outta here... This is MY spotlight, playboy..."

Last edited:
@ Garvey
A little story about bois d' arc.

In east Texas it grew in hedge rows and creeks, sometimes random in a field. It is some beautiful wood but would eat up chains on the saws.

We would cut up our cord wood and at the end of the day blow out the chains on the ( bo-dark tree). That was in my younger years in east Texas. Knife handles 1911 grips etc. Some beautiful stuff from the creeks.

Moved farther west in Texas and forgot about them not as many around.

I fished tournaments and found a new patch of bo-dark.

I used to run my boat up to a couple of trees gun the engine and knock one over to gain access to unfished grounds, made some money doing that.

One day in a tournament pulled up on a spot with no access wedeged a coulple of trees and pushed the throttle, heard a crack pushed harder another loud crack.

Went up to the bow to help shove tree, shit, asked my partner if he had ever seen bo-dark trees, nope.

Well here are two I said.
Cracked my hull luckily above water line.

bois d' arc (bo-dark] is tough stuff.

The one on the left, is store bought. The middle is a 2 pound ball peen I made. The right is a 4.5 pound cross peen I made. All of them have bois d' arc (osage orange) handles. I cut the trees, off my place, milled them, and stickered them for two years. Bois d' arc laughs at Hickory.

View attachment 7166893

View attachment 7166903

Been making weld plates. I am aware I need to sweep the torch kerf off the floor. Ignore the floor.

Anvil is a 260 pound JHM Competitor made in Peaster, Texas. It will tolerate a 12# sledge. I made the anvil stand of course.

Rusty anvil. I would not take that anvil to war!

• Haha
Reactions: Barneybdb and 1J04
The one on the left, is store bought. The middle is a 2 pound ball peen I made. The right is a 4.5 pound cross peen I made. All of them have bois d' arc (osage orange) handles. I cut the trees, off my place, milled them, and stickered them for two years. Bois d' arc laughs at Hickory.

View attachment 7166893

View attachment 7166903

Been making weld plates. I am aware I need to sweep the torch kerf off the floor. Ignore the floor.

Anvil is a 260 pound JHM Competitor made in Peaster, Texas. It will tolerate a 12# sledge. I made the anvil stand of course.
I was just in Peaster the other day. Not a lot there.

Reactions: Garvey